Best win in 5 to 6 years

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see your point about the stats, Law, but we did not turn the ball over, we executed better on the simple plays and were able to possess the ball better b/c of that. yes we need to score TD's and not FG's but when Butters is running toss plays from the 1 inch line what do you expect?
Well, what's going to change? Whomever the problem is, Butters or Nuss, will he suddenly become better.

This could finally be some change in our 7 years of continual mediocrity? Finally a change in attitude? Finally a spark in recruiting?

I hope it isn't interpreted as evidence that no change is needed in this staff.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Amazing win and heck of a game at the end. The line has definitely manned up the last few games with everyone switching over. Sharpe still amazes me on how slow he can be at times. He was still in his stance when Key got the sack. Still lots of room for improvement, but great feeling to stick it to all of their fans and UT. Scarlett was a beast today and even though we basically only had 1 big play it was for 98 yards. Nuss and Mac need to stop getting cute though as that pitch on the 1 inch line was a blunder call when we are killing them up the middle. The D was ok considering the youth and injuries. For as good as they played in the red zone they were basically giving up the other 80 with ease, but our young LB's may actually be pretty good once they learn how to handle play action and covering TEs. REese seems to be the real deal and the hit by joseph was great to keep him out of the end zone. Where was this team when we played Arky?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lots of good and bad. Great win regardless.

Look at the kids/youth that was on the last play/goal line stand. Gotta be happy about that.

If we ever get a great OL, above average QB, and an OL coach and OC we might be legitimate SEC contenders, which would make us playoff contenders. Oh, and if we replace the defensive stars we're losing...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This win was huge. It's probably the win that sends jimbo to baton Rouge too

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Excellent coaching job all round. I don't know what happened against South Carolina but the Oline has really come together starting with that game. TJ McCoy in the center of the line has solidified it. That guy can push up field.

And the 1-2 punch of Scarlet and Perine can be devastating.

Yes, turnovers had a little something to do with the outcome, but the defensive stand at the end was phenomenal and we've had many games where we have lost the turnover battle and got routed. So turnovers are just part of the game.

Honestly, I saw a push coming on the OL vs UGA. We then took a step back vs Arky but you could see it in Jax.

Scarlett/Perine, Callaway/Cleveland, Lewis at TE. Skill positions on offense looking good if we can produce a QB.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes this WIN was HUGE as it was totally unexpected by EVERYONE across the country INCLUDING Gator fans. Our guys could have just mailed this game in since we were playing with 2nd and 3rd team players on the road in one of the biggest upsets ever for us besides 06 vs OSU.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't injured myself jumping over the coffee table in utter excitement and disbelief in a long time :D

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
The team played with fire; when they do that, they can be very good. And overlooked from the game: only 1 penalty for 5 yards. Refs let both teams play and considering the pre-game scuffle, the lack of flags was mind boggling. And Gators won the turnover battle 2 - 0. That was really big. I also feel that playing the game at mid-day helped some, if not the Gator team, definitely the Gator fans who were there. Tiger Stadium at night can be a very intimidating place with 90,000+ drunk corn dogs yelling obscenities. I would loved to have seen the faces of the LSU president and AD sitting in their box at Tiger Stadium as the Gators started celebrating on their field. Once again, FV*K LSU, may worms infest your shrimp gumbo forever.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The team played with fire; when they do that, they can be very good. And overlooked from the game: only 1 penalty for 5 yards. Refs let both teams play and considering the pre-game scuffle, the lack of flags was mind boggling.

Once again, FV*K LSU, may worms infest your shrimp gumbo forever.

I liked what the Refs did at the beginning of the game hitting LSU with the 15 yard PF. I think that set the tone of No BS today guys. The lack of laundry on field was great. Nice job by players and coaches on that.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent coaching job all round. I don't know what happened against South Carolina but the Oline has really come together starting with that game. TJ McCoy in the center of the line has solidified it. That guy can push up field.

J I think it boils down to two things. Taylor and McCoy. I think those two have solidified things and moving Tez to Guard seems to really help. I would love to see us go with a snap count rather than a center auto snap. That would benefit Sharpe who is so slow moving off the LOS or to Pass Block.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
I think it is perfect payback for the arrogance and bullying by LSU. They had no chance to win the SEC, so they had nothing to lose. They knew Florida needed to play the game, so LSU forced unreasonable terms. Now, not only did LSU lose another game and the Gators win the east, but Florida gets more home games in the future against them.

It just doesn't pay to act like a jerk. The payback was perfect.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes this WIN was HUGE as it was totally unexpected by EVERYONE across the country INCLUDING Gator fans. Our guys could have just mailed this game in since we were playing with 2nd and 3rd team players on the road in one of the biggest upsets ever for us besides 06 vs OSU.

We should never be 12.5 underdogs to 6-3 teams. LSU will end up 6-5 and unranked possibly in the Birmingham Bowl. Let that sink in for a second. I'm happy with a win but should we ever be two TD dogs to a 6-3 team? Let's beat FSU next week and we can really celebrate.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We should never be 12.5 underdogs to 6-3 teams. LSU will end up 6-5 and unranked possibly in the Birmingham Bowl. Let that sink in for a second. I'm happy with a win but should we ever be two TD dogs to a 6-3 team? Let's beat FSU next week and we can really celebrate.
LSU will be favored to win against aTm which would put them at 7-4, which is basically the same record FSU will have if we beat them next week.

Personally, I think that LSU has played a tougher schedule and is the better team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.