Big traffic yesterday! Gator apathy is dying out

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Not so fast...Blonde is just spitballing.

I think the head/logo (w/website on forehead area) might make a great mask...and Halloween game, people would put them on. Get 1/4 participation in just wearing them would be good.
The whole organizing and coordination is where this falls off. That will not happen, imo. Still, camera pans on the crowd, I give it a 90% chance a few masks make it on camera, especially on fade in/out from breaks, again, Halloween...all contingent on good field performance (they show fans excited). They'd be easy to make, but then you'd hassle with putting the string on...distribution would be key.
Still, you're talking about a few thousand bucks I'd imagine. Whether it translates into people looking the site up and becoming members is iffy too.

I like the idea, but if you've only got a few bullets, I say pass.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao::lmao::lmao::eek:hnoes2::lmao:
Blonde Gator;n291999 said:
It would cost some coin, but get the Gator Chatter logo made into Halloween masks (w/an elastic band) or waving signs that can be held up as masks. Give them away to all of the Gators at the game with a "wear these at such-and-so time" at the Cocktail party, which is, fortuitously, on Halloween this year. Pass them out in the parking lot. Find some babes and put them in orange & blue bikinis, drive them around the stadium parking lot in your Vette with loud Gator music blasting on the stereo, passing these things out to everyone flying the Gator flag.

There is NO WAY a half a stadium full of masked fans would escape the notice of either the TV producers, nor the fans at home watching the game. Remember how much attention Toofless fans got last year when they played us with their silly checkerboard?

I'm not a fan of Twitter, but if you could set the thing off on Twitter at "such-and-such" time, to go along with the announcers going "WFG, Over?" With a little bit of coordination ahead of time, you could get it to trend on Twitter.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n292050 said:
I could pass out gatorchatter business cards to my hookers. They spread everything.

:britney:

I saw what you did....

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This thread makes me laugh.

How about pay someone to have a gatorchatter tattoo?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Talk Phan into getting his RV wrapped.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I think you decide to partner with a restaurant in G-ville on a game day, and do a tailgate party themed "The Ultimate Destination for the Gator Nation". Spend a few hundred on a couple of nice banners, get the restaurant to do a few radio ads, run a newspaper add, and get some bumper stickers with
Follow me to the
Ultimate Destination for Gator Nation

GatorChatter.com
with your logo on one side. Spend about $1,000 for all this. Sell your merch at the tailgate to earn some extra cash... Donate some of you shirts to be tossed out during the parade, or even the game.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who cares about how much apathy is out there? I sure don't.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Hope this is helpful:

Your meta description needs work.

Not just the WM part, but a meta description shouldn't be a list of key words. Lots of free advise on the web for how to write a good one.

But, Google isn't displaying your meta description, it is picking up the bit about TapaTalk. This is what comes up on Chrome where the meta-desc should be: It can greatly enhance the forum experience on small screens. Try it out! See more.
I note that your post titles and post content are indexed. So you could ask us to write better headlines and content. :fart:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n292258 said:
What about a float in the Homecoming Parade?

Yeah ... simply put some helium balloons inside GC t-shirts and string 'em up.
Have phan's tailgate group on the float throwing to the crowd GC-imprinted boxes of Omaha Steaks. :clap:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Zambo;292134 said:
Who cares about how much apathy is out there? I sure don't.

Well played, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have you ever thought about a radio spot on WRUF 850? I guarantee you any actual fan has the app so you are reaching worldwide. We've all said you have a great radio voice. I'm sure a 20-30 second spot isn't unreasonably expensive.

Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator