Bits & Pieces: Florida vs Georgia

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
And is Raymond overrated as a DB coach? It makes no sense that we continue to struggle the way we do.
Or talent evaluator? Just asking. If you were a DB commit elsewhere and UF was trying to gain your commit, would you believe your NFL career depended on being coached by Raymond?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone else see our 3 year starter at center grab a GA Dlinemen by the face mask and hold it throughout the play. It was bizarre. We see face masks all the time but never seen an O linemen in all my years watching football hold onto an opponents facemask throughout an entire play . Could it be two OL coaches is one too many cooks in the kitchen? No question . It’s been the worst part of the team all season.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Did anyone else see our 3 year starter at center grab a GA Dlinemen by the face mask and hold it throughout the play. It was bizarre.
Frustration?

Could it be two OL coaches is one too many cooks in the kitchen? No question . It’s been the worst part of the team all season.
It's not likely that we have two OL coaches. These guys have been playing football their entire lives. It seems unlikely the two are contradicting one another so that the OL doesn't know how to play the game. To me, a bigger question is, what business does Sale have being an OC?

Bizarre is having two OL coaches, one being our OC, and the OL seems to be the weakest unit on the team. I find it hard to believe our team trains as hard and with focus as do our rivals. There have to be things not focused on that other teams practice to master and I doubt Napier gets that. Team is just going through the motions in practice, perhaps the staff as well.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I read excerpts from Billy’s post game presser. More of the same shyyt. This guy (and his staff) is not, and never was, the answer to our coaching needs. It’s embarrassing the excuses and the word salads that he spews week in, week out. Process, looking inward, players with character, coach better, execute better, it was a good play call, etc. He’s got to go. It may not happen for financial reasons but he needs to be gone. @cover2 good luck with your surgery. I wish you a full & speedy recovery.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I read excerpts from Billy’s post game presser. More of the same shyyt. This guy (and his staff) is not, and never was, the answer to our coaching needs. It’s embarrassing the excuses and the word salads that he spews week in, week out. Process, looking inward, players with character, coach better, execute better, it was a good play call, etc. He’s got to go. It may not happen for financial reasons but he needs to be gone. @cover2 good luck with your surgery. I wish you a full & speedy recovery.
I don't care if he rambles on with coach speak at pressers. I would rather he do that than act like a jack ass (see Coach Me Me Me at CU) and throw his players under the bus.

But what I would like to see, and have been mostly disappointed to not see, is that he really does see and know how to fix the problems. The last four games and what he does with his staffing issues after the season will tell us all whether he really gets it or if his processes, that have so far not shown much game day improvements, are ever going to result in championships and not just great recruiting and mediocre to upper-mediocre seasons.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

About the 4th down call…”I’ve got conviction about the call!” :scratchchin:

Yeah, I read this yesterday. This should tell everybody all they need to know about Sun Belt Billy.

But then again, WTF do I know? I said punt the ball so I must be scared money, and we all know from Billy that scared money don’t make money.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Judging by your latest string of embarrassing posts, nothing.

I’m not one of the posters who got fooled into believing, based off a come from behind victory against a shytty USC team, that our Billy-coached team had a chance to beat Georgia a few days ago, so I know something.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not one of the posters who got fooled into believing, based off a come from behind victory against a shytty USC team, that our Billy-coached team had a chance to beat Georgia a few days ago, so I know something.
The only person in America who picked UF to beat UGA was Dan Mullen. Our fate was sealed at that point.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It wouldn’t make a difference. Billy wouldn’t pay a lick of attention to any of the constructive criticism in the post.
“The red area”, “ we can play better”, “ this gives us an opportunity to stick together” “ ,we made too many mistakes “ . “ this group has character “. “ if I know anything about this team it’s they will respond the right way”. All the pressers are pretty much the same. Other than injury updates it’s a waste of everyone’s time.

Other than maybe South Carolina what team in our league would trade their coach for Billy Bob taggart? Can’t think of one .

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
8 looks like he belongs in middle school . Devin Moore and Jackson have to be fuming thst good for nothing bum is not only starting but plays 99 percent of the snaps .

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
:shocked:

You mean Gator fans actually picked the Gators to win a rivalry game? The hell you say!

Come on now. Stop being deliberately obtuse. You saw all the posts leading up to the game. You mean to tell me that there weren’t quite a few posters here who took the bait after the USC comeback win and believed we would pull the upset? You know that happened. Hell, several openly admitted as much on the board after the game. Even some of the Gator sites bit and wrote articles about us finding our footing under Napier, turning the corner, etc.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
We have to make some progress man. I’m tired of being stuck in neutral. We aren’t improving in any tangible ways.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Good luck with your surgery Cover.

It took me this long to be able or revisit or read about that atrocity. You were spot on about the trick play on fourth down .
One of those plays if it had worked , we’d be talking about damn what a play, but it didn’t ,the Gators went into a tail spin and crash and burn.
Bottom line is ga. had better athletes and better coaching , just hard accept.

Again good luck Friday, everyone here will be pulling for your speedy recovery, prayers to you my man.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
We have to make some progress man. I’m tired of being stuck in neutral. We aren’t improving in any tangible ways.
We don't rebuild. We reload the same endless cycle of excuses every 3 or 4 years. There are endless examples of other programs and coaches turning it around right away. I'm tired of hearing about "the process."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.