Bits & Pieces: Florida vs Georgia

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some thoughts, maybe reading between the lines on things as well.
  1. We will have an OC next year. It was dumb of Napier to think he could do it all. He can't. To be honest, Spurrier couldn't do it all in today's game. The next evolution will either be a General Mgr or a complete overhaul of the NIL experiment (Semi Pro would make the most sense).
  2. Not sure if Special Teams will be overhauled or not this offseason, but boy does it need it.
  3. We are still lacking talent, not scheme. I'm willing to give the coaches some leeway as I think they are trying to install systems rather than work around talent deficiencies, knowing that help is on the way via recruting.
    1. The portal is not a cure all that pundits make it out to be. Most of these kids are transferring because they aren't good enough to get on the field. Unless you find lower division guys like Cam Jackson, it's going to be rough sledding.
    2. We lack depth across the board.
  4. We are better this year than last, and will be better next year compared to this year.
We are underestimating the overall damage to the infrastructure, brand, and culture over the past decade plus. So long as recruiting stays top 5 we can continue to progress.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

1. We will have an OC next year. It was dumb of Napier to think he could do it all. He can't. To be honest, Spurrier couldn't do it all in today's game. The next evolution will either be a General Mgr or a complete overhaul of the NIL experiment (Semi Pro would make the most sense).
  2. Not sure if Special Teams will be overhauled or not this offseason, but boy does it need it.
  3. We are still lacking talent, not scheme. I'm willing to give the coaches some leeway as I think they are trying to install systems rather than work around talent deficiencies, knowing that help is on the way via recruting.
    1. The portal is not a cure all that pundits make it out to be. Most of these kids are transferring because they aren't good enough to get on the field. Unless you find lower division guys like Cam Jackson, it's going to be rough sledding.
  4. We are better this year than last, and will be better next year compared to this year.
We are underestimating the overall damage to the infrastructure, brand, and culture over the past decade plus. So long as recruiting stays top 5 we can continue to progress.

Lacking so much talent to lose to Kentucky back to back years, Utah with a pig farmer as QB and Vandy last year, right? Am I doing it right?

My God some of y'all have Stockholm syndrome. LL at Kansas literally took the worst roster in maybe all of college football and a team that hadnt won a conference game since Fat Ass Mangina and beat Oklahoma yesterday in year three.

In year two his teams were competitive....us, well we're not remotely competitive but it's all talent right? Not boneheaded coaching decisions and or terrible use of personnel.

If we were seeing improvement to go alongside good recruiting it would be one thing but we're in theory more talented than 3/4 of the teams we play and yet were going to be lucky to be 6-6. To top it off, the most important position on the field is being recruited like we're a G5 and thats with two OL coaches

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yeah I don't know what the hell is wrong with that guy. He was supposed to be our shutdown corner, first round draft potential, but he has been a train wreck.
Maybe our D staff isn’t coaching well? Seriously, how can kids with speed talent and experience look lost or like they don’t care?

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Lacking so much talent to lose to Kentucky back to back years, Utah with a pig farmer as QB and Vandy last year, right? Am I doing it right?

My God some of y'all have Stockholm syndrome. LL at Kansas literally took the worst roster in maybe all of college football and a team that hadnt won a conference game since Fat Ass Mangina and beat Oklahoma yesterday in year three.

In year two his teams were competitive....us, well we're not remotely competitive but it's all talent right? Not boneheaded coaching decisions and or terrible use of personnel.

If we were seeing improvement to go alongside good recruiting it would be one thing but we're in theory more talented than 3/4 of the teams we play and yet were going to be lucky to be 6-6. To top it off, the most important position on the field is being recruited like we're a G5 and thats with two OL coaches
I’m with you if you suspect that by now it can’t be just talent but more the training and preparation and management that good teams display if being coached by competent people.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

It's amusing to me that this is your first post since early October, after we had lost to Kentucky. Then you go completely radio silent following the two wins. How strange.

UF loses, and bink! Like a magic trick, you pop back up out of nowhere. You must have been seething after the last couple of wins. Glad this latest game worked as therapy for you and you could safely post again.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I wish I could agree that talent is the main issue still. fsu apparently found gold in the portal as did LSU previous cycle. Our staff took a Bama transfer that seems unable to play at this league’s level, and he’s starting.

It feels more like this staff has less than SEC level capabilities, organization, ability to bring different units together to function like a complete program.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marshall got roasted by Mcconkey and to
Make matters worse put forth a poor effort to save a score by making the tackle. Nevertheless he responded with several pass breakups later in the game including one in the EZ. One of his better games as a gator

8 on the other hand is atrocious. He can’t cover and is soft physically with no desire to hit anyone . Moore is thirty times the player and should leave if he is going to play second fiddle to that pussy Kimmy number 8.

10 stinks and makes me long for the days of Stiner. Thankfully it appears he has been replaced by 18 Thornton who made some plays and has a desire to hit someone . Also 14 played well and those two can make a good tandem after safety .

Nice to see Shemar tough it out but he and scooby don’t compliment each other . Neither is very physical and tries to
Ole blockers like Edwardo Carrochio rather than man up and hit the son of bitch with your inside shoulder and keep your outside arm free. Most of run defense is the desire to hit and then wrap up while running through contact. The only backer we have that does that is number 20 and unfortunately he couldn’t beat a one legged man in a foot race . I hear we have some good backers coming in. Good they are going to need to play right away if they are willing to hit somebody .

Our DL isn’t perfect and we desperately need another pass rusher but they did their job yesterday holding the line and rarely let a blocker get to the linebackers .

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's amusing to me that this is your first post since early October, after we had lost to Kentucky. Then you go completely radio silent following the two wins. How strange.

UF loses, and bink! Like a magic trick, you pop back up out of nowhere. You must have been seething after the last couple of wins. Glad this latest game worked as therapy for you and you could safely post again.
To be candid, he is going to have at least 3 more, if not 4 more, times to chime in after losses. I see only Arkansas as a potential win with the remaining schedule...

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Agree with you on the lack of talent especially on the OL which is a major train wreck. The secondary's performance is especially disappointing in view of the pedigree of former DBU coach Raymond. How much of the the secondary issue is the lack of edge rushers and QB pressure?
Once again thanks to the strip mining job that Mullen did to our recruiting we are hurting for quality and depth on defense. Great point on the need to focus on the lower divisions for quality transfers. Look no further than The Semi's with Verse from Albany. With all the new analysts and coordinators we have, finding these kids should be a priority. A lot of work to do in the future. For now the boys better forget the pity party, and get ready for the Arky Hogs coming to Hog Town.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

This and all of this. When I hear all these words like infrastructure and culture and another window dressing bull shcit excuse, I just cringe. Billy Napier is a BAD offensive coordinator. It's not too much for him to be an oc and a hc, he just sucks at it and culture, relationships, chemistry or any other bullshcit term people pull out of their ass isn't going to make up for it. There are some major freaking holes in his plan and there's nothing wrong with admitting that. And it all starts with with his offensive scheme and lack of feel for the game on offense.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Don't you have some more begging for money to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator