Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Kentucky

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He isn't committed to getting things to where they should be, and that leaves us little choice in the matter
I think he's afraid to put forth the effort & still fail. He's the kid that never lets on that he studies to get decent grades.

Dare we say his unprofessional manner in which he handles his job.
There needs to be an Intervention House where you send Mullen-afflicted coaches. A Betty Ford clinic type place. Break off his bad attitudes & flawed habits. Instill some "want-to" in him. Put him on a conveyer belt so he comes out hungry & humble.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think he's afraid to put forth the effort & still fail. He's the kid that never lets on that he studies to get decent grades.

There needs to be an Intervention House where you send Mullen-afflicted coaches. A Betty Ford clinic type place. Break off his bad attitudes & flawed habits. Instill some "want-to" in him. Put him on a conveyer belt so he comes out hungry & humble.
Something like this:
Clockwork-Orange-27.jpg

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Mullen's dumbassery stretches the logical brain to the elastic limit. How can a stiff this stupid earn $7M+ per year for being scared of his own shadow? He needs an immediate pay cut to $1M and stern warning from Stricklin (HAHA) to get aggressive and act like he cares about his team and Gator Nation. That would be a stop-gap measure. In the end, Mullen is a great OC but never will be a HBC - he can't connect the dots to put a championship program together.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen's dumbassery stretches the logical brain to the elastic limit. How can a stiff this stupid earn $7M+ per year for being scared of his own shadow? He needs an immediate pay cut to $1M and stern warning from Stricklin (HAHA) to get aggressive and act like he cares about his team and Gator Nation. That would be a stop-gap measure. In the end, Mullen is a great OC but never will be a HBC - he can't connect the dots to put a championship program together.

Is he a great OC, or did he have a head coach that gathered great talent and it made his system go?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Is he a great OC, or did he have a head coach that gathered great talent and it made his system go?

Well, he had the benefit of letting Meyer do the heavy lifting for all the pesky HBC stuff (like recruiting)... Mullen just can't seem to elevate his thinking above the locker room level. If he could just think on Saban's level he could see the strategery :)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he had the benefit of letting Meyer do the heavy lifting for all the pesky HBC stuff (like recruiting)... Mullen just can't seem to elevate his thinking above the locker room level. If he could just think on Saban's level he could see the strategery :)

There is nothing about his schemes that are special, and most defenses know what he is going to run by how we line up. Having better athletes is one side of the equation, but his offense is still stuck in early 00's and even Meyer didn't want to take that with him to Ohio State a decade ago. The myth of him being a qb whisperer and a great offensive play caller... where is the evidence. I'm not saying he isn't above average, but nothing shows any innovation in his game.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
Ok, got a parable for ya. You're driving home. On your route is construction. You get a flat tire. You get it fixed, take the same route home the next day, you get another flat. I bet you on the third day, you pick a different route. You can still get a flat on the new route, it's certainly possible, but I bet you still pick a different route.

We may not be any better with a new coach, but we know that we won't be any better with this coach.

I am in the mind-set of take another route home and get into an 20 car pile up on the Skyway which gets hit by a ship and fall into Tampa Bay. I don't want to be FSU.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am in the mind-set of take another route home and get into an 20 car pile up on the Skyway which gets hit by a ship and fall into Tampa Bay. I don't want to be FSU.

so mediocrity is perfectly acceptable to you... thanks for clarifying.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
so mediocrity is perfectly acceptable to you... thanks for clarifying.

What is mediocre to you anyone not in the playoff? Start changing coaches every 3 to 4 years and we will be FSU faster than we will be Alabama. There's a lot more crap coaches than "mediocre" and far more likely to find one of those than a Urban, Spurrier or Saban. I don't see any coaches out there that even look remotely at that level. I'd rather wait 2 more years and see if Mullen puts it together over the pop warner coaches people on here want to replace him with.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What is mediocre to you anyone not in the playoff? Start changing coaches every 3 to 4 years and we will be FSU faster than we will be Alabama. There's a lot more crap coaches than "mediocre" and far more likely to find one of those than a Urban, Spurrier or Saban. I don't see any coaches out there that even look remotely at that level. I'd rather wait 2 more years and see if Mullen puts it together over the pop warner coaches people on here want to replace him with.

So you rather be UGA, Michigan, etc... teams that spend decades in mediocrity... any average coach could do what Disco Dan has done... What has he proven? It's not about the playoffs, we aren't even a contender in our own conference.

FSU is where they are due to their administration. We are closer to becoming them by allowing a disenfranchised coach linger on, than by cutting bait and striving for greatness.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

You should be able to get great seats at bargain prices so you can watch the games in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.