Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Kentucky

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
So you rather be UGA, Michigan, etc... teams that spend decades in mediocrity... any average coach could do what Disco Dan has done... What has he proven? It's not about the playoffs, we aren't even a contender in our own conference.

FSU is where they are due to their administration. We are closer to becoming them by allowing a disenfranchised coach linger on, than by cutting bait and striving for greatness.

You just say the same thing over and over. It's like having and intelligent discussion with a two year old. You gave up on DM i haven't it's that simple. You think there are pixie sticks and rainbows with whatever is next when the truth is it's shark humpers and Muschumps.

UGA is mediocre- okay tell me why they are #2.
Disco Dan had us in the SEC championship game last year and still could this year. UGA has peaked already.
FSU is where they are because they are FSU and hire crummy coaches and are bankrupt.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Season ticket holder since '93. Not eve sure as to what your point is.

Crowds will be light, resale tickets will be abundant and cheap for the "figurative you".

They, we, you, etc. can buy cheap tickets in years 5, 6, 7... of the Mullen err, uh era.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You just say the same thing over and over. It's like having and intelligent discussion with a two year old. You gave up on DM i haven't it's that simple. You think there are pixie sticks and rainbows with whatever is next when the truth is it's shark humpers and Muschumps.

Thank you for further proving you are just like Dan Mullen, scared to take the step because we might fuch up. See his press conference Monday for confirmation. The whole argument of a 2 year old is funny, I mean it just shows how you know your whole premise is wrong by your use of it... but that's ok...

Disco Dan had us in the SEC championship game last year and still could this year. UGA has peaked already.
FSU is where they are because they are FSU and hire crummy coaches and are bankrupt.

What has UGA won in the last almost 40 years? 3 SEC Championships, or half the number we had in the 90s.
Who gives a flying fuch who is #2 after the first week in October, the only rankings that matter are the ones at the end of the season.

Great Mullen got us to one SEC Championship Game, and Sharkfucher got us to two. But you loved some Sharkfucher when he was coach as well. So no surprise there.

FSU is where they are because first they let a coach linger in Jimbo, then hired WiLLLLLLLEEE and broke him off, all while living off of State Funding. That's not UF.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021

You have a really dumb outlook on a potential coaching search. There's dozens of better choices than Mullen or Muschamps. We have to get a guy smarter than Stricklin to find a new coach. I'm happy for you that you are pleased with just getting to Atlanta and getting run out of the stadium and embarrassed on tv. There's also no way in hell we are still making it to Atlanta. You are delusional.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
You have a really dumb outlook on a potential coaching search. There's dozens of better choices than Mullen or Muschamps. We have to get a guy smarter than Stricklin to find a new coach. I'm happy for you that you are pleased with just getting to Atlanta and getting run out of the stadium and embarrassed on tv. There's also no way in hell we are still making it to Atlanta. You are delusional.

The only delusion I have is that this forum is for Gator fans.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
Thank you for further proving you are just like Dan Mullen, scared to take the step because we might fuch up. See his press conference Monday for confirmation. The whole argument of a 2 year old is funny, I mean it just shows how you know your whole premise is wrong by your use of it... but that's ok...

What has UGA won in the last almost 40 years? 3 SEC Championships, or half the number we had in the 90s.
Who gives a flying fuch who is #2 after the first week in October, the only rankings that matter are the ones at the end of the season.

Great Mullen got us to one SEC Championship Game, and Sharkfucher got us to two. But you loved some Sharkfucher when he was coach as well. So no surprise there.

FSU is where they are because first they let a coach linger in Jimbo, then hired WiLLLLLLLEEE and broke him off, all while living off of State Funding. That's not UF.

You win go back to your trailer. I know longer give a rats azz what you say.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Mullen could save this board a lot of time and hand-wringing if he just decided to put "relentless effort" into doing his job. All of it - game prep, drilling players to perfection, being a team motivator where they're ready to bust through walls before taking the field. And recruiting. Something that he's never done worth a sh!t because it takes time and effort. He can do all of this - starting today if he wanted to. He needs his azz chewed like a red-headed stepchild and his cushy $7.4M dream job threatened. I don't think he'll ever be driven to do his job 100% on his own. The Cotton Bowl prep (everybody go home for a week) followed by Okie demolishing us, followed by his "So What?" reaction was telling.

This is all on Mullen. Gator fans are rattling our opponent's heads in the Swamp trying to help him. He needs to get real serious fast, or GTFO

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen could save this board a lot of time and hand-wringing if he just decided to put "relentless effort" into doing his job. All of it - game prep, drilling players to perfection, being a team motivator where they're ready to bust through walls before taking the field. And recruiting. Something that he's never done worth a sh!t because it takes time and effort. He can do all of this - starting today if he wanted to. He needs his azz chewed like a red-headed stepchild and his cushy $7.4M dream job threatened. I don't think he'll ever be driven to do his job 100% on his own. The Cotton Bowl prep (everybody go home for a week) followed by Okie demolishing us, followed by his "So What?" reaction was telling.

This is all on Mullen. Gator fans are rattling our opponent's heads in the Swamp trying to help him. He needs to get real serious fast, or GTFO

It's year 4, too late for that schit... this is his players, his staff, his way...

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
What is mediocre to you anyone not in the playoff? Start changing coaches every 3 to 4 years and we will be FSU faster than we will be Alabama. There's a lot more crap coaches than "mediocre" and far more likely to find one of those than a Urban, Spurrier or Saban. I don't see any coaches out there that even look remotely at that level. I'd rather wait 2 more years and see if Mullen puts it together over the pop warner coaches people on here want to replace him with.

Interesting that you reference Alabama and Saban. Gene Stallings' last year was 1996, Saban's first was 2007. They went thru 4 head coaches and one interim. The point being that they made some bad choices but they kept swinging for the fences.

I am frankly amazed that anyone can defend Mullen after essentially taking a knee those last 2 minutes of the first half. I'm baffled by a coach that would do that and I'm baffled by anyone that would defend a that kind of coach.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Interesting that you reference Alabama and Saban. Gene Stallings' last year was 1996, Saban's first was 2007. They went thru 4 head coaches and one interim. The point being that they made some bad choices but they kept swinging for the fences.

I am frankly amazed that anyone can defend Mullen after essentially taking a knee those last 2 minutes of the first half. I'm baffled by a coach that would do that and I'm baffled by anyone that would defend a that kind of coach.

Yeah after he pulled that shyt in that situation I just knew UF was gonna lose. I've been more pro Mullen then I ever thought I'd be but it's over now, fuch him. The first red flag was how he handled Franks and Trask. Next it was the LSU game last year. Then the way he's handled AR this year has anyone with a functioning brain asking WTF man? Then to go and lay an egg Sat night against a lousy Kentucky team with everything still on the line was it. I've finally accepted that he doesn't have the balls or ability to be a coach at this level. Time to move on.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
It's year 4, too late for that schit... this is his players, his staff, his way...

And his unacceptable losing to inferior teams because he didn't care enough to do his damn job. Mullen will not last here, and if he follows your advice he's gone sooner than later

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yeah after he pulled that shyt in that situation I just knew UF was gonna lose. I've been more pro Mullen then I ever thought I'd be but it's over now, fuch him. The first red flag was how he handled Franks and Trask. Next it was the LSU game last year. Then the way he's handled AR this year has anyone with a functioning brain asking WTF man? Then to go and lay an egg Sat night against a lousy Kentucky team with everything still on the line was it. I've finally accepted that he doesn't have the balls or ability to be a coach at this level. Time to move on.

My ride on the Mullen train has been a roller coaster. I watched him choke against Bama his last year at State. I didn't want him. But he got here and he brought an attitude and energy that I liked. Then he lost to UK the first time in Gainesville. I admittedly was pretty low on him. But the pumper in me said give him a chance. Then Trask happened. Nobody saw that coming. Once in a decade offensive juggernaut. I was rolling high again. Then the dwag defense showed up. (Law and others will say it was already there and they are probably correct). But we beat Georgia last year. I'm rolling high again, maybe the offense is so good it can over the "dwag effect". Then comes the LSU game, again at home. Frankly I was done after that. I said on here somewhere that I'm angry, I'm still angry from last year.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
My ride on the Mullen train has been a roller coaster. I watched him choke against Bama his last year at State. I didn't want him. But he got here and he brought an attitude and energy that I liked. Then he lost to UK the first time in Gainesville. I admittedly was pretty low on him. But the pumper in me said give him a chance. Then Trask happened. Nobody saw that coming. Once in a decade offensive juggernaut. I was rolling high again. Then the dwag defense showed up. (Law and others will say it was already there and they are probably correct). But we beat Georgia last year. I'm rolling high again, maybe the offense is so good it can over the "dwag effect". Then comes the LSU game, again at home. Frankly I was done after that. I said on here somewhere that I'm angry, I'm still angry from last year.
I second that emotion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only delusion I have is that this forum is for Gator fans.
Well,many of us are Gators,not Gators fans which is why we dont want the Lost Decades to continue.

Dwags sure do celebrate every time we hire or keep a lazy, loser piece of shyt coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its year four and his lazy, garbage recrutimg means even three years from now we will still be struggling with an inferior roster.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Well,many of us are Gators,not Gators fans which is why we dont want the Lost Decades to continue.

Dwags sure do celebrate every time we hire or keep a lazy, loser piece of shyt coach.

It's a crappy reality we're living in with Mullen - initial successes gave us all a glimmer of hope with the peak when be whipped UGA last year with Trask. Then he can't stand prosperity and sticks his head up his azz with the season-ending triple-faceplant that only a shrink could explain. Now the weakness in past recruiting, lack of team discipline, lack of game preparation and refusal to take responsibility for any of it has me thinking we have our own Joe Biden running this sh!tshow

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's a crappy reality we're living in with Mullen - initial successes gave us all a glimmer of hope
3 or 4 losses is not succes, period.

It is winning the gimme games and going 1-3 or 0-4 vs the teams with a pulse.

It isnt success at all. It is Ron Zook, but FSU is a gimme now too.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's a crappy reality we're living in with Mullen - initial successes gave us all a glimmer of hope with the peak when be whipped UGA last year with Trask. Then he can't stand prosperity and sticks his head up his azz with the season-ending triple-faceplant that only a shrink could explain. Now the weakness in past recruiting, lack of team discipline, lack of game preparation and refusal to take responsibility for any of it has me thinking we have our own Joe Biden running this sh!tshow
Grab someones shoe and chuck it between plays b/c you're an undisciplined punk - benched? admonished? coach at least acknowledges the mistake? Nope. You get to start and be the team captain the following week.

Cant read defenses, cant get the ball out in time to an open receiver, cant hit water from a boat on any pass farther than 15 yds, cant get through progressions after 4 years in the system despite knowing the playbook when there is a younger more talented and more athletic option to go to - benched? snaps limited? challenged? Nope. You get to start and get praised for knowing the playcalls even though you cant execute them.

Can't block a stationary target after 25 years in the system (delance), get pushed aroudn like a rag doll, false start all on the regular - benched for younger talented guys? Admonished, at least pushed to perform better? Nope. You start and grade out as champion.

Your defense sucks like a black hole so bad that the entire nation was on fire granthem watch at the end of the SEC title game - Fired? Demoted? Called out publicly? Nope. Praise and money flow like milk and honey.

Your offense and game management are putrid more often than they are effective and have cost us numerous games against patsies since your arrival. Acknowledge that there's some improvement needed and do the work? Take accountability for coaching mistakes and not blame the players, refs, crowd noise, weather, etc? Nope. Act petulant, arrogant, condescending and continue to believe that you lost in smarter fashion than anyone ever won.

Accountability problem you say? Player attitude and focus reflects leadership you say? Nah... there's no evidence of that anywhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.