Bits & Pieces: Florida vs LSU

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Billy talked in post-game about our resiliency, resolve and TOUGHNESS. Billy, whatever color pills you're taking, please gimme somma dat
Maybe he tells the team something different?

I dont associate Tough with this team.

The 06 team? Yes. The 08 team? Yes. The 07 team? No.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he tells the team something different?

I dont associate Tough with this team.

The 06 team? Yes. The 08 team? Yes. The 07 team? No.

The '07 defense was young, inexperienced and like a sieve. We knew it was going to be a spotty year, and it was. That defensive group grew up fast.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great write up C2. I do not understand why we cannot get a competent DC. AA should be released this week.

I am not so sure he’s the problem.
I am beginning to think that Brian Kelly knew what he was doing when he chose not to keep Corey Raymond on staff.

The DB’s are the weakest link in the defense with no improvement or accountability. How can any coach justify sending Jalen Kimber out there every week after watching the film?
His backups are freshmen and I assume they would screw up too but at least they can learn and develop. Kimber is a 3-4 year player that never improves. He’s is Brinton Cox 2.0 and another Kirby castoff that we seem to think can play.

Every member of the coaching staff must be evaluated objectively during the offseason and real decisions must be made.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone else here ever heard of Grantland Rice?

0d73db08-cb9d-40bf-82eb-b55828bc8576_text.gif

Only the old guys like me

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am beginning to think that Brian Kelly knew what he was doing when he chose not to keep Corey Raymond on staff.

The DB’s are the weakest link in the defense with no improvement or accountability. How can any coach justify sending Jalen Kimber out there every week after watching the film?
His backups are freshmen and I assume they would screw up too but at least they can learn and develop. Kimber is a 3-4 year player that never improves. He’s is Brinton Cox 2.0 and another Kirby castoff that we seem to think can play.

Every member of the coaching staff must be evaluated objectively during the offseason and real decisions must be made.
I get what you’re saying, but Armstrong is a problem if as DC he’s still allowing the poor play and loser’s effort to continue week after week. Any enthusiasm I’ve had previously for Raymond is long gone, as he is the primary position coach responsible for the weekly schit show. Ultimately, it all reflects on Billy and it is inconceivable that whether the guy cut his HC teeth in the Sunbelt or wherever he allows us to trot out the same bunch that doesn’t cover, doesn’t hit, doesn’t tackle, and loafs like they have zero pride. This is a staff failure starting at the HC and flowing downward.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I get what you’re saying, but Armstrong is a problem if as DC he’s still allowing the poor play and loser’s effort to continue week after week. Any enthusiasm I’ve had previously for Raymond is long gone, as he is the primary position coach responsible for the weekly schit show. Ultimately, it all reflects on Billy and it is inconceivable that whether the guy cut his HC teeth in the Sunbelt or wherever he allows us to trot out the same bunch that doesn’t cover, doesn’t hit, doesn’t tackle, and loafs like they have zero pride. This is a staff failure starting at the HC and flowing downward.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
This is a staff failure starting at the HC and flowing downward.
It makes it extremely difficult to defend thats for sure. I dont know how someone preaches systems and accountability like Billy does and produces just the opposite.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Hmmm :scratchchin: I see S Miss is 2 spots below us at 131. Wasn’t that where Armstrong came from or am I mistaken? If so, maybe just a coincidence. Anyhow, very embarrassing that we’ve fallen so low.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hmmm :scratchchin: I see S Miss is 2 spots below us at 131. Wasn’t that where Armstrong came from or am I mistaken? If so, maybe just a coincidence. Anyhow, very embarrassing that we’ve fallen so low.
We're behind Vandy. So when you play the Gators, it's actually easier to score on us than on t-gator's mom.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dont understand the excuses being made for the trash that we're seeing.

Here me out here...

Players are young. Ok, fine, theres a lot of young players in CFB and many of them are having stellar years. Look at Jalen Milroe. he's a true fresh and as of this moment, probably the best player in all of CFB. Too anecdotal for you? Fine. How about the guy he replaced - Bryce Young. Won a dang heisman as a true freshman. why is it that other teams can plug in top guys but we cant?

but the vast majority of young players arent good? Ok, fair enough. Let's agree for arguments sake that while other teams are able to get excellent performances out of young players, it simply isnt allowed at Florida. Fine. Accepted. Our team is very young. Fact. And they play poorly. FACT. Who's fault is that, exactly? You can't dump 60% of the roster in year 1, backfill them with guys straight out of highschool ball, then lean on youth and inexperience as an excuse when the performance sucks.

You dumped the roster supposedly b/c guys sucked and were problems in the locker room. The implication is one of addition by subtraction. You dont get to then play the youth/inexperience card when things get worse, especially when notable starters that were dumped are having great years elsewhere.

Coaches are young, inexperienced, new to their roles. Ok, fine, there's a lot of young coaches and coaches in new positions in CFB, its not just the gators. Them being young and new to their role doesnt mean they should get mulligans. Florida is NOT an OJT job or stepping stone for up and comers to get some experience before moving on to real programs. So why does our AD and the coaches he hires continuously treat it that way?

AA's defense is a f#### train wreck. It's so bad I'm honestly not sure if Toney and his 12 yard WR cushion wasnt actually better. Why is youth and inexperience on the field and on the sideline an excuse for non accountability? And if youth and inexperience does in fact equal (hypothetical b/c we know it doesnt) non accountability, why in the hell did tater choose that route to begin with?

Nobody aside from total retard pumpers thought we were winning anything significant this year, but 7 or 8 wins was absolutely doable with this roster and our schedule. it ain't that difficult. Vandy, SC, ark, the cupcakes, ut, and ky all should have been wins without question, then of the 4 or so left, we should have been able to figure a way to get at least 1 of them. A competent staff and good coaching would have gotten 8 wins easily with this schedule and team, 9 likely.

Talk about rebuild and crootin all you want but that has no bearing on the inability to show any progress, ANY progress, since tater first arrived. If we are honest with ourselves we are currently worse than we were when he got here. The ONLY thing constructive he's done since stepping on campus is give us the chance at a top level class. But even that is prediction at this point and currently trending negatively. If he left tomorrow he'd leave as recruiters go, no better than mullen or macelwain were and thats numerical fact.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I dont understand the excuses being made for the trash that we're seeing.

Here me out here...

Look at Jalen Milroe. he's a true fresh and as of this moment, probably the best player in all of CFB. Too anecdotal for you? Fine. How about the guy he replaced - Bryce Young. Won a dang heisman as a true freshman. why is it that other teams can plug in top guys but we cant?.
I pretty much agree with everything your saying but Milroe is a redshirt soph and Brice young was a soph the year he won the Heisman. But yeah we suck ass and it isn't because we're young.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I pretty much agree with everything your saying but Milroe is a redshirt soph and Brice young was a soph the year he won the Heisman. But yeah we suck ass and it isn't because we're young.
apologies, thought both were true fresh.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Both are protected by 5* O - Libes.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017

LBs are the weakest unit. Jaydon Hill is a baller and been the best player on the defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.