Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Tennessee

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I'm going to stop complaining about anything w/ Knox. This is all on Mullen and Johnson. I'm not going to complain about RB recruiting at all, because any RB wanting to play in this offense is probably dumb AF. WHY, why in TF would any RB worth a sh*t want to play in this offense? It's like a RB committing to play for Mike Leach. We should go out and find transfer portal guys and be happy if every now and then a HS kid is stupid enough to commit to play in this offense. Even after Trask leaves, this offense has to be unattractive to a downhill type RB with NFL aspirations - Perine & Scarlett were already on the roster. I don't know what Lingard & Bowman were thinking.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I understand missed assignments when there are blitzes and twists. But he’s playing tackle, and the end has his hand in the dirt. That’s 100% his dude, 100% of the time.

When the end runs by him, Delance is looking as if he was someone else’s assignment.

WTF!?!

I'm hoping it was him not being on the same page w/ the snap count on this play....but that's probably not the case. It's inexcusable and you have to wonder WTF the coaches see when they review film. Tarquin may not be ready, but they have other options - like moving Gouraige outside and letting White or Braun play his OG spot. I don't get it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I didn't hear any announcer or anyone here talk about the fact that we hit the wheel route to a back for a TD (taken back with flag for penalty that didn't exist) in the first half, then didn't really run it again. I think we coulda "wheel routed" UT to death a la UGA... maybe just trying to take it off the radar knowing that "it's there when needed for future game."

I really think the O game plan vs. bama will be almost identical to the UGA game... tons of wheel routes with backs and TE's to create a bunch of mismatches and make up for the weak running game. Will bama be ready for that? Yup, at least on paper, but given that their defense isn't the greatest, will that be enough to overcome the mismatches?

I agree w/ this. Many are saying Mullen doesn't have the "killer instinct" (and there's a lot of merit to that). But we've been awfully vanilla or simply trying to get cute (forcing runs, rotating Emory in when it doesn't make sense, running Trask on 3rd and 8, etc). We're going to have to open it up vs. Bama and hope we score on 90% of our possessions (meaning we don't score on 1 or 2 of our total possessions).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we coulda "wheel routed" UT to death a la UGA... maybe just trying to take it off the radar knowing that "it's there when needed for future game."
This is the dumbest thing.

Lets circle something to use later and instead keeping running options that will never work.

You know.... to keep them honest.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
This is the dumbest thing.

Lets circle something to use later and instead keeping running options that will never work.

You know.... to keep them honest.
Hey, I'm tryin' here! You don't think I was screaming, "why in the actual FUK are we NOT running the wheel routes?!?!??!" after that play went, just like it did vs. UGA more than once, for a TD?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Tell me why Jean Delance is still starting:

On that note, "According to Pro Football Focus, the right tackle position has allowed 32 pressures, 20 hurries, nine hits and three sacks this season." ~ Crucial

Tarquin must really suck to not be able to beat out Delance.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
On that note, "According to Pro Football Focus, the right tackle position has allowed 32 pressures, 20 hurries, nine hits and three sacks this season." ~ Crucial

Tarquin must really suck to not be able to beat out Delance.

It's not even Tarquin. We could move Gouraige to RT and play White or Braun at his LG position. It's insanity.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It's not even Tarquin. We could move Gouraige to RT and play White or Braun at his LG position. It's insanity.

After the game, Mullinz was asked about a change at RT. He said not at this time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If we need to throw 70 times to win, we should do it. Screw "establishing the run". In my opinion, the only way to beat Bama is for Trask to torch them for 500+ yards. He's had a legendary season, use every ounce of him you can. Throw every single down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Bammer is scared to death of Third and Grantham.

They may just forfeit.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hey, I'm tryin' here! You don't think I was screaming, "why in the actual FUK are we NOT running the wheel routes?!?!??!" after that play went, just like it did vs. UGA more than once, for a TD?
I agree with you, maybe he is giving our future opponent more things to scheme for.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
If we need to throw 70 times to win, we should do it. Screw "establishing the run". In my opinion, the only way to beat Bama is for Trask to torch them for 500+ yards. He's had a legendary season, use every ounce of him you can. Throw every single down.
Amen

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Gators needed a "W" to make the SECCG, they got it. Now scratch some dirt over it like a good kitty in the litter box and move on to the corndogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.