Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. UMass

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just wish we had a more dynamic quarterback. When you look back at the teams that give Bama the most difficulty, they usually have a playmaker calling signals. Del Rio is the Nissan Maxima of SEC quarterbacks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wholeheartedly disagree. There are a handful of folks who I'd just as soon see jump off a ledge.

We want names.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can the list include not just those we'd like to see jump but also those we'd like to push? :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Feels nothing like the Chump years. Chump wanted 3 yard plays and 10-9 games. There was never any hope that something exciting was going to happen on any given play. Saturday night you felt a team trying to bust out in every play. Hell a bomb to open the show. And 44 pass plays. If that felt like Chump to you you're not very observant.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Feels nothing like the Chump years. Chump wanted 3 yard plays and 10-9 games. There was never any hope that something exciting was going to happen on any given play. Saturday night you felt a team trying to bust out in every play. Hell a bomb to open the show. And 44 pass plays. If that felt like Chump to you you're not very observant.
That was my point about watching the USCe-Vandy game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, dude, I've been telling you for months to get rid of the Fiero. You keep telling me it's a chick magnet.
And it will do doughnuts like nobody's business.

Id seriously like to have a Fiero in mint condition, but I guess they all burned, huh?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Id seriously like to have a Fiero in mint condition, but I guess they all burned, huh?

Well, there's this one. He comes with it.

i115579.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

I'll send you a pic of one for sale down the street that looks mint on the outside anyway... It looks like an 87 or 88 GT in red. In Detroit, we called 'em "Repairo's" ;) But I loved the final model which was the ORIGINAL design minus turbo. Classic GM f up... Final model was original design but killed by sales because they made a substandard version for four years...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks fast just sitting there.
honda-del-sol-parts.jpg
Yeah, fast as a Honda, which is to say slighter faster than my lawnmower.

Ours WAS red like that but it had the factory rear spoiler to keep the rear planted with all that power on tap.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just wish we had a more dynamic quarterback. When you look back at the teams that give Bama the most difficulty, they usually have a playmaker calling signals. Del Rio is the Nissan Maxima of SEC quarterbacks.
Fatford thru for 450yards or so and he is hardly dynamic.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll send you a pic of one for sale down the street that looks mint on the outside anyway... It looks like an 87 or 88 GT in red. In Detroit, we called 'em "Repairo's" ;) But I loved the final model which was the ORIGINAL design minus turbo. Classic GM f up... Final model was original design but killed by sales because they made a substandard version for four years...

Those were semi-glorious times for GM. Every maker except Olds had a two-seater. Fiero, Corvette, Allante, Reatta.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Couple of points I'm not sure I've seen mentioned.

Sitting there Saturday night, I started thinking about our last 4 games. Through 16 quarters, we've scored a total of 4 offensive TDs. What's worse, one was garbage time hail mary, and one was a trick WR-to-QB throw back play. I've been a Mac supporter, but that's absolutely abysmal any way you look at it.

Playing up/down to your opponents is never acceptable, but is to be expected early in a tenure as players aren't 100% bought in. Doing so in week 1 of the second season is concerning. Our players need to spend less time tweeting about how great they are, how they're gonna ball, etc., and more time actually doing it.

I thought DelRio looked exactly like what he's been touted. Upside isn't Grier, but also isn't another Treon. The OL did him no favors. And the D's consistently allowing Umass to flip the field on us, giving us terrible starting positions, probably affected how aggressive they felt they could be. In any event, I thought he was ok.

As has been discussed, the quips to the media, making jokes where they don't belong, and continuing on with them far past the point of them being even remotely appropriate or funny, is simply deflection, and is indeed--to borrow someone's quote--bush league. You're paid millions of dollars to coach a football team into a solid performance, and answer the questions reporters--who are paid peanuts by comparison--ask you afterward. It was uncomfortable to listen to.

I've stated numerous times that Mac was the best realistic option at that time. So we have who we have. But I think his 2016 season, the class he brings in, and the opener against Michigan next year, will determine exactly what we have. In a worst case scenario, I hope Herman stays at least one more year, so that seed could be planted immediately. I don't agree with Avatar's thread, but this isn't deciding to buy a new sofa or car that you can decide to do at any time. There is a process of beginning to look at different scenarios. The facts on the ground are proof that we can't afford another end of 2013 type roll of the dice where we clearly aren't prepared and elect to hang on to a dead limb too long. CFB moves fast. We're not there, but we're not terribly far away either.
I'm gonna go ahead and nominate Sofia as the AD.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Happened to run across this, never heard of these guys and never watched them but it's a nice recap and pretty much falls in line with nearly everything mentioned here. Maybe minus some of the emotion, which is a good thing. Check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator