Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. UMass

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Del Rio didn't live up to the hype that I have been hearing about him on here. He did OK and is a hell of a lot better than Treon but he isn't going to create offense by himself.

Yes, definitely better than Freon. But he's not been hyped too much as a world beater. Many of us assessed him as managing the offense. The big stuff will come later. He did what we needed him to do. Take care of the offense. He made throws, no pics, got rid of the ball to play another down, etc. I would have loved more, but he did a far better job that what we saw in Orlando last Jan. 1. That OL has better get fired up and play with some intensity for him.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was REALLY hoping we could reel Eason in. It would have been a chance to fill the void in future potential that walked out the door with Grier and his PEDS, tattoos and pregnant NFL cheerleaders. He just looked like the real deal on film compared to the guys we got who are 3 year projects.

Del Rio didn't live up to the hype that I have been hearing about him on here. He did OK and is a hell of a lot better than Treon but he isn't going to create offense by himself.
Seriously what hype have you hearing about Del Rio? Everything I heard he was average to above average.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Idk, LDR did a descent job I thought. As others have chimed, all things considered, this being the first game, parents-media-rain-natural emotions-1st start if you will. I mean in a way I'm glad it was a tough "minded" defense and the game didn't leave confetti/ticker tape parade visions in his head. Decisions looked pretty good with ball security, bounced a few off the mat, stretched a few guys out here/there but zipped the balance right to the spot. The canon arms are behind him on the bench needing to learn, hopefully watching how teams win. Sure, I would of loved Antonio to have hauled in that welcome to the Swamp first deep pass, but at the end of the day, LDRs footwork in the pocket was nice to see, can take a pop ok instead of that fetal position or eat it/lose it stuff we've been watching... overall, proud of the kid leading the team to an expected win. Nice start, we don't deserve any media accolades with what our product has been. So, Gator team forget the back patting about the glorious past, gotta extend the foundation for a new era of respect and kill this new maybe next year monkey that's upon us. Just saying, Go Gators!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Second year coaches...
Ole Hee Haw
Tom Herman
Jim Harbaugh

olegator

Jan 23, 2016
*Edit - Forgot to add how great it was seeing and hearing the Ol' Ball Coach in the Swamp again. Might have been the games' biggest highlight!

Hope he as some input for next week.....we need some help on O.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Second year coaches...
Ole Hee Haw
Tom Herman
Jim Harbaugh
Yeah, you can really tell who the gems are by the second recruiting class and second year.
Which one of those guys doesnt belong?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but you can get four or five Kias for the price of one Bmw.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As an aside to the discussion, the Kia Sorento is now the top-rated midsize SUV.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Never understood the Kia purchaser. Obviously you dont care about quality but feel that driving a Chevvy or Dodge is just waaaaay to uppity?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Never understood the Kia purchaser. Obviously you dont care about quality but feel that driving a Chevvy or Dodge is just waaaaay to uppity?

I bought a Sorento EX for my fiance a month ago. It's actually a very nice SUV. This one looks esp good with the Gator plate on the back. 100,000 power train warranty. I'll bet even Saban doesn't come with a 100,000 power train warranty. :)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I bought a Sorento EX
Id buy a Kia for my Ex.

I knew there would be a few Kia people out there when I typed it. Too many people dont k kw what a Yugo is. Kia and Fiat are all we have as examples oc terrible cars for this generation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Id buy a Kia for my Ex.

I knew there would be a few Kia people out there when I typed it. Too many people dont k kw what a Yugo is. Kia and Fiat are all we have as examples oc terrible cars for this generation.

I've owned a BMW X5 4.8 at twice the price and a Sorento EX and I'm telling you the Sorento stacks up very well. What this means in terms of the football discussion, I have no idea. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama beat USC by 46 points. I think they would beat us by at least 30. Anything is possible, but that's just how much better they are than us right now. They are far and away the best team in college football and I see no reason why they won't win another title. Best players + best coaching = championships.

Only other team that has a formula anywhere close is Ohio State. Meyer believes in the "best players + best coaching" algorithm as well. Hell, he proved it by beating Saban in championship games.....twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator