Blah Ohio State 6 Wins and in the CFP

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
How can it be, they didn't play anyone of note. They keep saying it's not fair to deny their player the CFP because it was out of their control. Well what about the players on teams that played 10 games, how is it "fair" to them. And another thing, shouldn't the teams that played 10 game be able to count only their best 6.

I am just irked and think the CFP committee just wants a Big 10 team in the CFP.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
How can it be, they didn't play anyone of note. They keep saying it's not fair to deny their player the CFP because it was out of their control. Well what about the players on teams that played 10 games, how is it "fair" to them. And another thing, shouldn't the teams that played 10 game be able to count only their best 6.

I am just irked and think the CFP committee just wants a Big 10 team in the CFP.

OSU has a larger footprint than anyone for viewership and ratings...the only other tweaking they want to force in is ND because of the same thing

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Put a tampon in your cvvvnt. If Dorky Dan Dullen recruited well enough or coached well enough to beat Ogre's 3rd and 4th string, this wouldnt be an issue.

I suee hope Dildo Dan doesn't manage to make our entire fan base a bunch of bleeding twats.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
Put a tampon in your cvvvnt. If Dorky Dan Dullen recruited well enough or coached well enough to beat Ogre's 3rd and 4th string, this wouldnt be an issue.

I suee hope Dildo Dan doesn't manage to make our entire fan base a bunch of bleeding twats.

Didn't say anything about us but whatever. OSU homer

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Because the conference commissioners had one goal in mind--get their best teams in the playoff so they can hopefully win a national title in this disastrous year. It's why one by one they all decided to play once the SEC and ACC said they were. So Warren made whatever adjustments were needed to make that possible. We can agree or or not, but it was smart.

On the other hand, you have a guy like Sankey. Not only do we go 10 conference games and no OOC(something even the ACC didn't do), we insisted on two division winners playing meaningless rescheduled games, a week after their respective divisions were decided, and a week before squaring off against one another, rather than allowing the two teams to rest and get healthy in a predetermined week off. In the process he took his conference's chances of a title from 50% to 25%.

Can't get mad at the B10 for playing it smarter. And I'd rather see them, Clemson or ND win it over the Tide.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

You're actually defending OSU being eligible for this game? It's outrageous.

And cool it with the disgusting rhetoric. I don't want to see "tampon in your ****" or "bleeding twats" on here again. Talk like a human being.

Your clownish point didn't make any sense either. Had we beaten LSU and gotten our brains beat in by Bama, we'd still be out and OSU would be in. The LSU game is meaningless unless we beat Bama, and we were never going to beat Bama.

OSU has no business in the CFP.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
Because the conference commissioners had one goal in mind--get their best teams in the playoff so they can hopefully win a national title in this disastrous year. It's why one by one they all decided to play once the SEC and ACC said they were. So Warren made whatever adjustments were needed to make that possible. We can agree or or not, but it was smart.

On the other hand, you have a guy like Sankey. Not only do we go 10 conference games and no OOC(something even the ACC didn't do), we insisted on two division winners playing meaningless rescheduled games, a week after their respective divisions were decided, and a week before squaring off against one another, rather than allowing the two teams to rest and get healthy in a predetermined week off. In the process he took his conference's chances of a title from 50% to 25%.

Can't get mad at the B10 for playing it smarter. And I'd rather see them, Clemson or ND win it over the Tide.

I'm not sure the B10 played it smarter. They couldn't decide to play or not like you said. I think they lucked into it more than anything. The second best team is conference doormat Northwestern.

I also agree about us & bama playing last week(even before we lost) - the ACC did it right.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm not sure the B10 played it smarter. They couldn't decide to play or not like you said. I think they lucked into it more than anything. The second best team is conference doormat Northwestern.

I also agree about us & bama playing last week(even before we lost) - the ACC did it right.

They lucked out, but are basically being graded as an extension of the 2019 season. It's not right, but that's on the playoff committee honestly, not the B10. They have the power to say, "sorry, that's not a season", but they're not. The B10 is simply playing their hand. I don't like it or agree. And as I said last week, I'm not sure the buckeyes had to even play a single game based on how they're being viewed, much less 5.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They’re supposed to pick the best 4 teams aren’t they? Who’s better than OSU? Certainly not us.
So now we're on the "who is better" argument. Doesn't it have to be earned on the field?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
They’re supposed to pick the best 4 teams aren’t they? Who’s better than OSU? Certainly not us.
aTm? I don't think so. Agree with all who say it sucks how pOSU got a pass getting in playing so few games, but they are 1 of 3 teams that have a legitimate chance of winning it all so might as well have them in.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
aTm? I don't think so. Agree with all who say it sucks how pOSU got a pass getting in playing so few games, but they are 1 of 3 teams that have a legitimate chance of winning it all so might as well have them in.
Wild stuff. By this moronic logic, OSU didn't have to play ANY games this year. They are obviously a top-4 team, so they should have just sat at home until playoff time.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So now we're on the "who is better" argument. Doesn't it have to be earned on the field?
No it doesn’t. Part of the reason I liked the BCS better than this playoff system. The selection criteria was way more in depth and accurate.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Wild stuff. By this moronic logic, OSU didn't have to play ANY games this year. They are obviously a top-4 team, so they should have just sat at home until playoff time.
Would you rather see Jimbo (who might get in by jumping ND) or Cincinnati or 8-2 Iowa State in?

Do they deserve to be in? No. Are they better than the other trash that could get in instead of them? In my opinion, yes. I don't really care who wins it when we aren't in (which is always, thanks Foley). I usually end up pulling for Climpson by default.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. They earned it on the field.
Fair enough, but putting Cincy or ISU in the playoff is nothing more than putting in a place-holder for the first round. aTm is a little more reasonable, and they may very well get in. The bucknuts didn't earn it, true, but they have the players to make for a real game, so if you want to see good on good they make the most sense, which is how I think the committee is viewing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator