Blame SOS?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s because we have a dwag running our D. Lay with dogs and you’ll get fleas.

beteez

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. We just brought some of that losing onto the staff. Clean out the dawgs - take back Jax.

Mullinz doesn’t have the fire that a player who came up on the short side many times in the cocktail party does. SOS did & apparently Kirby does.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Mullinz doesn’t have the fire that a player who came up on the short side many times in the cocktail party does. SOS did & apparently Kirby does.
We win with a competent DC. Plain and simple. Even with all the warts, we still had a shot and Grantham couldn’t generate a 3rd and 7 stop. Not one. Its embarrassing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The 2 biggest issues are Grantham and the talent level needs to get a little better. Spurrier said when asked during the 2018 KY game that if you are an SEC team you needed to be near that top 5 area in recruiting to win the SEC.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The 2 biggest issues are Grantham and the talent level needs to get a little better. Spurrier said when asked during the 2018 KY game that if you are an SEC team you needed to be near that top 5 area in recruiting to win the SEC.

You’re giving Mullen, architect of the 6 plus minute drive with 9:30 left, down two, and no offensive urgency, quite a pass. I could hear Robbie Andreu saying, “I thought they were going to run tempo “‘his year’”. Yeah. That might have been the time.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You’re giving Mullen, architect of the 6 plus minute drive with 9:30 left, down two, and no offensive urgency, quite a pass. I could hear Robbie Andreu saying, “I thought they were going to run tempo “‘his year’”. Yeah. That might have been the time.
Man, that drove me crazy. At the same time, I wanted to yell at Trask - dude was in NO hurry. Perine was giving him the “hurry up” sign multiple times. Not sure that pace was by design.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
But that last drive I bet we waisted 3 min of game clock.

More like 6:50

Man, that drove me crazy. At the same time, I wanted to yell at Trask - dude was in NO hurry. Perine was giving him the “hurry up” sign multiple times. Not sure that pace was by design.

It was NOT by design, but it absolute was the result of coaching. We saw what we have on our sideline.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017

We had ONE tempo play, the TD pass at the end of that last drive, resulting in an easy pitch and catch while UGAly was in disarray. Could have done that several times on that drive alone.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Lots of individual plays that you could point to and say "If only this or if only that".
End result is that Ga just has superior athletes. They have out recruited Fla over the last many years. Until that changes, nothing else will. You would think that with FSU and Miami in
the crapper we would have our pick of the top talent in the state and even have
a long reach on the national stage. Not so. Alabama, Clemson, Georgia come
in and lure the top kids away. Even Miami and FSU still give us fits on the recruiting
trail. So far, Dancing Dan and his staff have done a credible job with the players available to
them. But when you play teams like LSU, Alabama and Georgia who end up at or near the top
of the recruiting wars year after year the results are predictable.
I am always amazed at the number of fans who act as if the sky is falling after such a game,
demanding heads should roll or monolithic mega-structures costing hundreds of millions need to be built so as to raise the program's profile and lure 17 and 18 year old kids to sign on the dotted line.
Gators still an odds on favorite for a 10 & 2 record with a New Years Day bowl. Not too shabby, my friends. Not too shabby at all.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of individual plays that you could point to and say "If only this or if only that".
End result is that Ga just has superior athletes. They have out recruited Fla over the last many years. Until that changes, nothing else will. You would think that with FSU and Miami in
the crapper we would have our pick of the top talent in the state and even have
a long reach on the national stage. Not so. Alabama, Clemson, Georgia come
in and lure the top kids away. Even Miami and FSU still give us fits on the recruiting
trail. So far, Dancing Dan and his staff have done a credible job with the players available to
them. But when you play teams like LSU, Alabama and Georgia who end up at or near the top
of the recruiting wars year after year the results are predictable.
I am always amazed at the number of fans who act as if the sky is falling after such a game,
demanding heads should roll or monolithic mega-structures costing hundreds of millions need to be built so as to raise the program's profile and lure 17 and 18 year old kids to sign on the dotted line.
Gators still an odds on favorite for a 10 & 2 record with a New Years Day bowl. Not too shabby, my friends. Not too shabby at all.

Well it would be the weakest 10 win resume I can remember as far as wins go anyway. A probable 4 loss Auburn team would be the only good win probably. I guess there would be something to not having an upset but Mullen was saved there because of Franks situation or we likely have 2 now with this crappy running game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who gives a ****? Honestly, I could not care less about a 10-2 record with no championships and some crappy "New Years Day" bowl. That is a FAILED season, and UF should refuse the bowl invite.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who gives a ****? Honestly, I could not care less about a 10-2 record with no championships and some crappy "New Years Day" bowl. That is a FAILED season, and UF should refuse the bowl invite.
Cowbell Jr has arrived. Just proud of managing one of the 36 "New Years Day" bowls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.