Brandon Marshall a Jets

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Percy isn't the "exact opposite of someone NE would take" at all. Hope they grab him.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n187727 said:
bears shoulda sent their qb too
Haha.

Marshall is a problem child and teaming him up with Percy the problem child will be a riot! I mean Percy blew it in Seattle. All he had to do was stay down and be a good teammate and he couldn't. The Jets got both Marshall and Harvin cheaply and it's easy to figure out why.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n188219]

9253988e4eeae8715692245fe36d0377.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Allpro who actually produced on the field. Ten 1000 yard seasons. Big difference. Moss was a pain in the azz but not just unfulfilled potential.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n188350 said:
actually produced in the field. Big difference. Not just unfulfilled potential.

But there is a parallel. Moss' production had dropped noticeably for three seasons, the last two in Oakland, when the Patriots acquired him in exchange for a fourth-round pick. I think you're overlooking that Moss and Harvin both had a prima donna streak and both became a value play for other teams as a result.

Brett Favre lobbied the Packers hard to go after Moss, and said of him, "There is no one in this league who puts fear in people more than Randy Moss." I'm willing to bet at least a few NFL general managers feel the same about Harvin.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, reports are that the Jets have been shopping Harvins for weeks with no takers. I know to many here he's the best player ever. However, NFL GMs seem to disagree.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n188360]

But there is a parallel. Moss' production had dropped noticeably for three seasons, the last two in Oakland, when the Patriots acquired him in exchange for a fourth-round pick. I think you're overlooking that Moss and Harvin both had a prima donna streak and both became a value play for other teams as a result.

Brett Favre lobbied the Packers hard to go after Moss, and said of him, "There is no one in this league who puts fear in people more than Randy Moss." I'm willing to bet at least a few NFL general managers feel the same about Harvin.[/QUOTE]

I get what you are saying...I do but Moss is a top 5 WR of all-time. Harvin? Not so much. He's a bust as of right now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n188361 said:
Well, reports are that the Jets have been shopping Harvins for weeks with no takers. I know to many here he's the best player ever. However, NFL GMs seem to disagree.

Here's where it gets interesting and bathed in irony. The Jets are essentially looking to swap one prima donna (Harvin) for another (Marshall), and money is at least part of the motivation. Harvin's set to earn $10.5 million and the Jets need the cap space to address weakness in the secondary.

But guess which two teams are most interested in Harvin? The Raiders and Pats.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-landing-spots

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n188363 said:
I get what you are saying...I do but Moss is a top 5 WR of all-time. Harvin? Not so much. He's a bust as of right now.

He's a tease is what he is, but until he stops running a sub 4.4 with that kind of acceleration, I think teams will remain intrigued over what he can do for their offense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law, you honestly believe no team is interested in Harvin? What they don't want is his CONTRACT, not his talent. How did a "bust" like him get a $40 million dollar deal in the first place if he was worthless? He completely changes how a defense and special teams have to play when he's on the field. He has plenty of value. Maybe your hate goes back to the fact he was a Meyer guy that helped us win two championships. You seem to hate those teams. What's next, Tebow bashing? I think you'd personally throw those 2006 and 2008 crystal trophies into Lake Alice if given a chance.

Also, you clowns keep throwing around that he was a problem in New York. Where was it reported he was a problem at all with the Jets?

Harvin remains one of the greatest players I've ever seen with the ball in his hands. The Broncos tried to kick away from him in the Super Bowl and still got burned for a TD. Law was seething when that happened.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n188373 said:
Law, you honestly believe no team is interested in Harvin? What they don't want is his CONTRACT, not his talent. How did a "bust" like him get a $40 million dollar deal in the first place if he was worthless? He completely changes how a defense and special teams have to play when he's on the field. He has plenty of value. Maybe your hate goes back to the fact he was a Meyer guy that helped us win two championships. You seem to hate those teams. What's next, Tebow bashing? I think you'd personally throw those 2006 and 2008 crystal trophies into Lake Alice if given a chance.

Also, you clowns keep throwing around that he was a problem in New York. Where was it reported he was a problem at all with the Jets?

Harvin remains one of the greatest players I've ever seen with the ball in his hands. The Broncos tried to kick away from him in the Super Bowl and still got burned for a TD. Law was seething when that happened.

4 teams in 4 years in the sign of a serious problem.

His talent is unquestioned...it is the rest of him that I question.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n188373 said:
Law, you honestly believe no team is interested in Harvin?
:yawn: Call me when he has a job.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Harvin must make some trouble to get traded, now it probably is how much you pay him otherwise just hire a sitter and put clauses in his contract for conduct. His health is also an issue. For the right money I would be happy to have him as a Dolphin if he will behave properly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some you guys are so dramatic. Law acts like Percy is the first injury prone player to get cut because he has a large contract.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you guys jump at the chance to hate on former gators?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n188434 said:
Why do you guys jump at the chance to hate on former gators?

Hatin @ss Spurrior hates everybody equally. Not just former Gators.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@hatinassspurrier just got a twitter. I cant wait.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol I'm gettin one now

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.