Braves win the World Series

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Great game. Should’ve been only one hit. Swanson needed to let Rosario catch that one. Wish the hitting was there, but it was enough.

I’m wondering who’s pitching tomorrow. Gonna be interesting the rest of the series with Morton out.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Great game. Should’ve been only one hit. Swanson needed to let Rosario catch that one. Wish the hitting was there, but it was enough.

I’m wondering who’s pitching tomorrow. Gonna be interesting the rest of the series with Morton out.
Tomorrow is a bullpen game. Game 5 might be as well. I hate those things.

As for the hitting it doesn't help when the home plate ump calls everything within a foot of the strike zone a strike. They can either swing at something outside or strike out looking. Also didn't like he kept calling strike three on checked swings without conferring with the 1st or 3rd up.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m rooting for the Braves but a very good chance the next 2 go to the Ass-Holes. Their bats will come alive and I’m not sure Braves pitching can keep it going.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Tomorrow is a bullpen game. Game 5 might be as well. I hate those things.
If the Braves win tonight, don’t be surprised if Snitker goes with Fried on 3 days rest. He goes on gut feelings and I bet if he thinks he can wrap it up in 5 games he’ll go for it. Interesting series so far for sure.

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
If the Braves win tonight, don’t be surprised if Snitker goes with Fried on 3 days rest. He goes on gut feelings and I bet if he thinks he can wrap it up in 5 games he’ll go for it. Interesting series so far for sure.

Fried has been bad since the Brewers' series, as if the stage is too big for him. Very possible he is tipping his curve ball. I wish Travis D would call more fastballs to set up the curve- you throw 5 benders in a row, the batter eventually times it.

It was amazing to see Ian's 5 inning no-no, considering he threw 76 pitches and only 39 were strikes. The ump was inconsistent as hell, IMO.

Oh, yes- one more thing. They can't keep leaving runners on base--- 2 runs isn't going to cut it going forward.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I’m rooting for the Braves but a very good chance the next 2 go to the Ass-Holes. Their bats will come alive and I’m not sure Braves pitching can keep it going.
Worries about that as well. Our lefty relievers have been great but the rest constantly have you expecting the worse.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I just can’t believe they only have 3 starters to put out there, two now with the injury. It’s insane that a World Series team has that thin a rotation.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
What a comeback tonight….Dansby and Soler back to back jacks in the 7th+ money bullpen=1 win away from Manfred having to put his tail between his legs and hand us the trophy after the All Star Game screw job….

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What a comeback tonight….Dansby and Soler back to back jacks in the 7th+ money bullpen=1 win away from Manfred having to put his tail between his legs and hand us the trophy after the All Star Game screw job….

200.gif

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Its too bad my rays crapped out after their great season, but I'm happy the braves are on the cusp after the MLB screw job. Also, it shows that the playoffs are a crapshoot. 88 win team in the crappiest division in baseball wins the world series. Had the rays played in the braves division they'd have broken the mariners 2001 win mark.

Anyways, sore loserness aside, go braves. Btw, you're welcome for Morton. You're lucky our owner is a cheapskate ass hole.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Its too bad my rays crapped out after their great season, but I'm happy the braves are on the cusp after the MLB screw job. Also, it shows that the playoffs are a crapshoot. 88 win team in the crappiest division in baseball wins the world series. Had the rays played in the braves division they'd have broken the mariners 2001 win mark.

Anyways, sore loserness aside, go braves. Btw, you're welcome for Morton. You're lucky our owner is a cheapskate ass hole.

Rays are my favorite AL team by far….Cash knows how to manage…I always admired the way the Rays do it every year….was hoping for a Braves-Rays WS as one of my good buddies is a Ray….and yeah when the Braves lost Acuña, I thought we were done…never expected our GM to go all in and certainly never expected the guys he acquired to perform like they are….I haven’t checked the records but I imagine we have the best record in baseball since those trades…our bullpen has been absolute money too…hopefully they have one more W in them! Would love to see us get a ring for Freddie

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Rays are my favorite AL team by far….Cash knows how to manage…I always admired the way the Rays do it every year….was hoping for a Braves-Rays WS as one of my good buddies is a Ray….and yeah when the Braves lost Acuña, I thought we were done…never expected our GM to go all in and certainly never expected the guys he acquired to perform like they are….I haven’t checked the records but I imagine we have the best record in baseball since those trades…our bullpen has been absolute money too…hopefully they have one more W in them! Would love to see us get a ring for Freddie
Im of the opinion that the red sox cheated to beat us. They do have a cheater manager...We won the season series against them, they never hit our pitching like that, and suddenly they were on EVERYTHING after we dominated game 1. Ah well. I take solace in knowing that had the braves been in the AL east they probably don't get here :p The Rays are built to win in the regular season but seem to have a hard time when it comes to a short series

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Im of the opinion that the red sox cheated to beat us. They do have a cheater manager...We won the season series against them, they never hit our pitching like that, and suddenly they were on EVERYTHING after we dominated game 1. Ah well. I take solace in knowing that had the braves been in the AL east they probably don't get here :p The Rays are built to win in the regular season but seem to have a hard time when it comes to a short series

Yeah it’s a joke that Cora and Hinch are still in the game and nothing happened to the players….Pete Rose and the Braves GM were banned for life for less offensive things….one reason why I’m not a fan of Manfred….as far as the division stuff, you aren’t wrong haha but at the same time it’s not the Braves fault everyone else underachieved….

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Yeah it’s a joke that Cora and Hinch are still in the game and nothing happened to the players….Pete Rose and the Braves GM were banned for life for less offensive things….one reason why I’m not a fan of Manfred….as far as the division stuff, you aren’t wrong haha but at the same time it’s not the Braves fault everyone else underachieved….
Rays won 100 games in a division with three other teams that won 90 games. But yeah...88 win team is "better."

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Rays won 100 games in a division with three other teams that won 90 games. But yeah...88 win team is "better."

Do you remember any of the World Series winners and how many regular season wins they had that season? Of course not…no one does because it doesn’t matter..all that matters is getting in sir

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Do you remember any of the World Series winners and how many regular season wins they had that season? Of course not…no one does because it doesn’t matter..all that matters is getting in sir
I do actually. Generally world series winners win 90+ games in the regular season. To me if you were under 90 you got in because your division sucked and you were the least sucky. But yeah I get that all anyone cares about is the ring. The best team doesn't always win it all in the MLB, and I think this year is a case of that.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I do actually. Generally world series winners win 90+ games in the regular season. To me if you were under 90 you got in because your division sucked and you were the least sucky. But yeah I get that all anyone cares about is the ring. The best team doesn't always win it all in the MLB, and I think this year is a case of that.

I’m just saying whether a team wins 85, 95, or 105….if they win the title, they celebrate the same regardless….if Braves pull this off, they would have gone through the likes of Burnes, Woodruff, Scherzer, Urias, Buehler, etc….in addition to losing one of our best starters…in some ways that will be more gratifying than winning 100 games with an easier road….not to mention we lost Acuña which I feel would have for sure put us over 90 wins

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator