Breaking: UF moving BHG capacity down to 75K

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
See but that is the narrative that you are fitting. Ya, I remember the days of standing sideways on the bench sweat, bourbon, sometimes puke. Everyone should go through that right? So get off my lawn!!!! I am all for improving the stadium, improving the stadium experience and making our football facilities better. I see it differently than some conspiracy.
You get a like for saying puke. I haven't read that in awhile.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming this is true and comfort is the key.... The stadium is still open to the sultry Gainesville heat or inclement weather events.

This is an example of a guy so privileged that football games mean leather seats, AC, and networking.

What a maroon!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Scoreboard and sound system upgrades are first on the docket with a completion goal tentatively set prior to the 2023 season, followed by seating renovations that tentatively would be complete before the 2024 season.

Jeebus, THREE YEARS to do seating renovations? The unions must give Stricklin a kickback or something for stringing these projects out. Our construction timelines are ridiculous.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Seats? We don't need no stinking seats!

Last game I went to at the swamp no one sat down.

It turned to be SOS's last game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
See but that is the narrative that you are fitting. Ya, I remember the days of standing sideways on the bench sweat, bourbon, sometimes puke. Everyone should go through that right? So get off my lawn!!!! I am all for improving the stadium, improving the stadium experience and making our football facilities better. I see it differently than some conspiracy.

When was this though? I don't know your age. What I do know is that based on all the data available, people were ok with bourbon, sweat, puke and sideways standing through much of the 80s, practically begged for it throughout the 90s and into the 2000s, had an epiphany for few years where they deemed such things quite unpleasant, only to give them another chance and ultimately falling back in love with them again around 2005, before once again realizing that they didn't like them post 2010 except for Aub 2019 and Alabama this year. Weird.

Last edited:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I hate everything about this. Giving up on the one major advantage that we as a program own. The swamp is special and decreasing capacity by 10-15% can only hurt that magic. Also for a family like mine, less seats makes it harder for us to afford tickets to games going forward. It’s a great way to kick a fan base when it’s down

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
If you want to upgrade something in the stadium to improve the experience, add a massive shade structure. It will help with noise too. But, having a sweaty back stuck to a chair isn't changing my in game experience.

Winning and not feeling the wrath of god by feeling about 15 feet away from the sun would change the experience.

No real vision out of this guy, just follows some generic, B- level, Athletic Directing for Dummies guidebook.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Pretty sure @soflagator was volunteering to give them a lift.

You still mad about that hold time when you tried booking my upstairs guest room? I was very clear that it was unusually high call volume.:lol:

But honestly, if you know much about the campus area, it's not that far from some of these areas. It would be such an easy thing to coordinate and execute with some volunteers. Believe me when I say many of the local youth feel like UF doesn't care until they're standouts and ready to be recruited for a team. There's simply no reason for tickets to be wasted while kids who'd love to be there aren't.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
A classic closeted homosexual response

Next you will respond either with some comment on your unit or your sexual prowess

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Scoreboard and sound system upgrades are first on the docket with a completion goal tentatively set prior to the 2023 season, followed by seating renovations that tentatively would be complete before the 2024 season.

Jeebus, THREE YEARS to do seating renovations? The unions must give Stricklin a kickback or something for stringing these projects out. Our construction timelines are ridiculous.

Relax, it’s not 3 years…that’s just what they’re telling everyone. It’s actually closer to 9 years. They don’t want to rush things and make the construction crew building the all-in-one look lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator