Breaking: UF moving BHG capacity down to 75K

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
If you want to upgrade something in the stadium to improve the experience, add a massive shade structure. It will help with noise too. But, having a sweaty back stuck to a chair isn't changing my in game experience.

Winning and not feeling the wrath of god by feeling about 15 feet away from the sun would change the experience.

This right here. Install chairbacks if you want, but also do what the Pacific Northwestern schools have been doing for awhile and put in a big metal roof that's engineered to reflect sound down to the field. If we're cutting capacity, we need to make 83k fans sound like 90k+ does now if not even louder.

While you're at it, add in some extra seats or a couple of big walls to close the gap on each side of the upper north end zone and trap any noise from escaping through those gaps.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Downsizing is a stupid fcvking idea. You want to do something bold & smart…upgrade the stadium/sound video systems/concessions/bathrooms/etc. (it’s badly needed), upgrade the seating (maybe in the prime areas only as nobody in the cheap seats nor the student section cares about that) AND add a couple thousand new seats! While the upgrades are taking place, go hire a real HC and staff and upgrade the rest of the program areas that need it (support staff, etc.) so that the product on the field is so good that people want to fill the stadium on Saturdays.

I know this won’t happen but it is the smart thing to do.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Kansas seems to be doing just fine with their stadium....maybe we should follow their lead (inside joke for my political buddies on here)

In all seriousness, people just don't go to games like they used to...whether it's big screen TVs, sitting in hot weather, saving on gas, not wanting to pay $200 on Stubhub to watch us blow out Vandy, boycotting over politics, etc. its just a fact...now while I think 75k is too low, I do get where he is coming from....Mullen is our best coach since Urban and we still can't fill the stadium...for optics, they would rather have 75k full than 90k with empty...

I do agree with the sentiment on here regarding our AD....we have gone soft, woke, etc and put fancy luxuries over people and the gameday experience...look at the O Dome...ever since they made the alumni section into the fancy club, the basketball atmosphere just hasn't been the same

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Haha okay so you think our program was better under Muschamp and Clarabelle?
I think it was basically the same. Multiple losses every year, ass kickings by teams with talent and quality coaching, an occasional east title in a down year for the league and nothing else.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I’m not a Mullen fan in terms of his personality and demeanor but from an offensive mind, he is our best since the glory years
81W4ArEShvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

which one is he exactly? I forget? The one with he curly.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think college football is past its zenith.

More and more high schools are struggling to have to cut kids. Some are having to go to 8man.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I think it was basically the same. Multiple losses every year, ass kickings by teams with talent and quality coaching, an occasional east title in a down year for the league and nothing else.

When Mullen loses to Georgia Southern I will agree with you...or when he loses the SECCG by 40....until then, he is miles ahead of the last 2....the only losses that have been inexcusable IMO in his 3.5 years so far are both UKs and LSU last year....all others (assuming I am not forgetting any) we lost to a better team

I will say though that I don't think we get back to elite status until we get rid of 3rd and Grantham

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The only difference being <name soon to be redacted> occasionally has a game that is watchable. Chump games were root canals through the anus without anesthesia. Afterwards you had a nice grill but was it worth it? Yeah I know some of you are into that sort of thing. And butters, well butters was a ****ing comedy of errors.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Mullen loses to Georgia Southern I will agree with you...or when he loses the SECCG by 40....until then, he is miles ahead of the last 2....the only losses that have been inexcusable IMO in his 3.5 years so far are both UKs and LSU last year....all others (assuming I am not forgetting any) we lost to a better team

I will say though that I don't think we get back to elite status until we get rid of 3rd and Grantham
You are pissing in the wind. These curs have the halo effect.

With that said our leaders need to be sued for negligence if they do not have options/plan to replace Eddie.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am confused....Eddie?
Cousin Eddie.

He’s actually exceeded my expectations but we need to make him month to month and give him a bonus (if we were paying him appropriately to begin) and shake hands when an opportunity presents itself.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When Mullen loses to Georgia Southern
Mullinz lost to South Alabama, Kintucky twice, Mizzu, and Ogre's practice squad.

And he is destroying recruiting in part by laziness and in part by fuchsed up offensive playcalling which means no WRs, RBs, or normal QBs will consider us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator