Brenton Cox

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

And lost his job to a true freshman. From the articles I’ve read, he was 3rd string. Doesn’t exactly scream nfl ready. I get your point about Moon though and agree.

Bogle has already played in at least 3 games and looked really good. He’s earned more played time. Diabate needs to redshirt. He looks thinner than our safeties.

beteez

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watch SEC championship, Hurts killed him on the run, cannot play in space, reason he was getting passed by Nolan Smith and others so he bolted.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
RS’ing Bogle would be a waste as I doubt he’ll be here five years. It would not surprise me to see him leave after three.

Agree. As Bait'nGator said, if a kid is ready to play and doesn't need the redshirt, it truly makes zero sense to do so. It's an old-school thought that worked for decades, but is completely irrelevant today. Outside of a QB, OL and a handful of other examples, there is really no more saving players for later.

I always laughed at the fact that Moreno was probably Richt's best RB through his first 8 seasons. And he got a year and a half out of him. Total waste.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I’m not saying he won’t be good. I was just responding to the idea he’ll be leaving for the nfl after next season. There’s nothing in his time at UGly indicating he’ll be that level next year. I hope he is. That’d be great.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've always been of the opinion that if a player is even worth having this kind of discussion about, then worrying about a RS is a waste of time. If he's that good he isn't playing here that many years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what? Was his one sack as a freshman that impressive?
I gave you a like for the sarcasm.

However I used to think only chicks thought that sacks and interceptions were the only stats that mattered on defense.

Holding your gap and getting off blocks and making tackles when the play comes to you is FAR more important. Most teams run 2 out of 3 plays.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So is this totally dead now? Could really use him as our front 7 is banged up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator