Brenton Cox

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
No, it's what the support staff (not truly a paralegal) says about our lazy ass legal department.

You seriously HAVENT noticed we are the only ones who lose these NCAA things? Or when we do win, it is 9 months later than everyone else?

We are the only ones who are ONE FVKKING YEAR LATE on our I-20 visas?

Let me guess, you thought PDS was right when he said that UF couldn't put offset or noncompete penalties in our contracts?

Yeah, they are doing a bang up job.
Won Grimes and Jefferson. Haven’t lost a single transfer eligibility request yet that I’m aware of. Cox transferred like 3 weeks before the season started.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Won Grimes and Jefferson. Haven’t lost a single transfer eligibility request yet that I’m aware of.
Is he eligible? I haven't seen him playing.

If he sits out this year, we didn't win.

Is that offensive lineman with the team? The kid who tried to enroll early and UF didn't do the Immigration form (I20)?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Is he eligible? I haven't seen him playing.

If he sits out this year, we didn't win.

Is that offensive lineman with the team? The kid who tried to enroll early and UF didn't do the Immigration form (I20)?
You said “you seriously haven’t noticed we are the only ones who lose these ncaa things?” Which ones have we lost? Has the cox ruling come out?

And the kid in the Bahamas knew for a long ass time he needed a visa and didn’t get it done. That’s on him and his parents more than anyone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And the kid in the Bahamas knew for a long ass time he needed a visa and didn’t get it done. That’s on him and his parents more than anyone.
Dude, look, you know nothing about the VISA process and I will give you some slack on this. You are just parroting twitter.

THE SCHOOL makes the I20 request, and basically all the approvals really, not the kid. THE SCHOOL in a program called SEVIS, and every school has some SEVIS program coordinators with access. I'd expect UF has dozens. Hell maybe hundreds. They have to say he is accepted and attending.

We don't just let any kid on the planet apply for a visa and enter the country, or millions would do it an never enter school and just disappear for ICE to chase.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Dude, look, you know nothing about the VISA process and I will give you some slack on this. THE SCHOOL makes the I20 request, not the kid. THE SCHOOL in a program called SEVIS. They have to say he is accepted and attending.

We don't just let any kid on the planet apply for a visa and enter the country, or millions would do it an never enter school and just disappear for ICE to chase.
Ok. Thanks for the info.

Now back to you saying we lose every ncaa appeal. Which ones are they again?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Process[edit]
Issuance of first Form I-20[edit]
Once the prospective student has accepted the institution's offer of admission, the institution issues a Form I-20 to the student.[1][2]

Apart from biographical information about the student (including the student's name, date of birth, citizenship, etc.), there are two main pieces of information that must be entered in the student's SEVIS record and the initial Form I-20.

• Program details: The program name, start date, and end date.
  • How the student intends to meet tuition and living expenses for the first year the student is in the program, or until the end date indicated on the I-20, whichever is shorter.
Each international office may follow its own rules or guidelines regarding the type of documentation it requests from the student or from other departments in order to be able to issue the I-20. The jargon used for this documentation will also vary by institution. For instance, the University of Chicago and University of Michigan uses the term "Financial Resources Statement" for the statement that students need to submit to it regarding how they will meet their expenses,[9][10] while the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign uses the term "Declaration & Certification of Finances for I-20/DS-2019 Application".[11]

After receiving information from the student and institution regarding the program length and end date, the international office creates the student's SEVIS record, gets a SEVIS number for the student, and issues a Form I-20. A physical copy of the form may be mailed to the student overseas. In the case that the student has a SEVIS record from previous student status, the existing SEVIS record should be transferred.[7]

The international office may refuse to issue a Form I-20 if the student is unable to demonstrate how he or she plans to cover expenses for the first year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. Thanks for the info.

Now back to you saying we lose every ncaa appeal. Which ones are they again?
Every kid who had to sit out.

Including Cox.

Oh, and this guy named Will Grier.

Same appeal that WVU won.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Every kid who had to sit out.

Including Cox.

Oh, and this guy named Will Grier.

Same appeal that WVU won.
How hard do you think Butters really pushed for that appeal?

He wanted “his guy” Del Rio more than he wanted Grier, which is downright hilarious and stupid simultaneously.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wut

Which kids, that transfered to Florida, had their appeal denied? Which ones?
Now you add "transferred." You're squirming bro. all the kids in history who sat out a year.

And Grier had an NCAA appeal too. Which UF lost. And WVU won.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Now you add "transferred." You're squirming bro. all the kids in history who sat out a year.

And Grier had an NCAA appeal too. Which UF lost. And WVU won.
:lmao2:

What in God’s green earth are you talking about? The transfer rules were changed a few years ago. You said we are the only ones to lose ncaa appeals. And now you can’t list a single solitary player who’s lost an appeal to play immediately. Because we don’t have any. Because you made that up just like you make up almost everything you say. I could care less about will Grier transferring to WVU and getting an appeal AFTER already sitting out a ton of time. That has nothing to do with players transferring to Florida and “losing” an appeal for immediate eligibility which you claimed happens all the time apparently.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The transfer rules were changed a few years ago. You said we are the only ones to lose ncaa appeals.
Transfer rules havent changed. Transfer rules are the same now as they were in the 80s and 90s. The frequency of winning appeals at other schools has increased though, but the rules haven't changed.

You mean we have only lost the Cox appeal since last August? Are you trying to limit it to then? We have players on the field right now that had to sit out. DeLance for instance. We didn't win that appeal.

So, how narrow are you trying to define it now?

After losing on the I20 aspect.

And Grier. (Errr.. I meant transfer appeals dude.)

You're dancing like Michael Jackson in an MTV video.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Transfer rules havent changed. Transfer rules are the same now as they were in the 80s and 90s. The frequency of winning appeals at other schools has increased though, but the rules haven't changed.

You mean we have only lost the Cox appeal since last August. Are you trying to limit it to then.

After losing on the I20 aspect.

And Grier. (Errr.. I meant transfer appeals dude.)

You're dancing like Michael Jackson in an MTV video.
Dude you have absolutely lost it.

NCAA looking at more changes to transfer rules

The NCAA Division I Council recently approved an amendment to transfer waiver guidelines for student-athletes seeking immediate eligibility following a transfer. This amendment was effective April 18, for transferring student-athletes who are seeking immediate eligibility for the 2018-19 academic year.

Currently, NCAA rules require athletes who have not graduated to sit out a season after they transfer to a new school. ... Starting Oct. 15, athletes will no longer have to ask for permission to transfer from their current schools and schools cannot block transfers or dictate where they go

NCAA transfer rules, explained quickly and honestly

Every last person here knows the immediate eligibility waiver is new but you apparently.

And nobody gives a flying fvkk about Grier. That’s you waving frantically to grasp to anything even remotely tangible in this argument. That wasn’t what anybody was talking about and it’s not what you originally were referring to no matter how many times you bring it up.

Cox has not been denied. Unless you work in the ncaa you are blowing this out your ass just like the rest of it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. ... Starting Oct. 15, athletes will no longer have to ask for permission to transfer from their current schools and schools cannot block transfers or dictate where they
:doh:

Dude, this has nothing to do with whether or not they sit out a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator