Bucs coaches excited about "impressive" Kyle Trask

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This isn’t necessarily a defense of Mullin, or an endorsement of his offensive style. But all offensive coaches have specific types of players that they want. There’s a reason why Tommy Frazier wasn’t even given a look from us when he came out of Bradenton(?). Spurrier didn’t miss on him. He didn’t fit what we wanted to do. Franks was always going to be the guy until Jones was ready, because he could be some of the things Mullen wants. But keep in mind that after Trask couldn’t start because of injury, Franks proceeded to help lead a comeback win against Usce, played well the next week, helped lead a win against the noles and then won a bowl game over Mich. It’s easy to say he should’ve been replaced sooner. But the fact is, until the disaster against miami, he was playing good football. And even after that game, multiple players were defending him and saying he was definitively their QB. You could argue that he should’ve been pulled against UK rather than needing the injury to dictate things, but other than that, Franks wasn’t the issue.

Now, Stiner, Taylor and Wilson. I have no answer there, specifically the first two.

I don't disagree with any of this, and it actually supports my previous post. Mullen wanted Franks to be the guy unless it was absolutely necessary put play Trask instead. Even if he would have pulled Franks in that Mizzou game, I think he would have given Franks a second chance the following week. Just my guess based on Mullen's philosophy and how he managed other players.

More than fan speculation: I think it was a given.
Look,Southflorida nailed it. CDM didn't want a drop back passer, even a good one. But after Franks played so badly, Trask would have gotten his chance if he had stayed healthy. Even if CDM is due much, give him his due.

Perhaps, but I disagree. Delance, Stiner, Taylor, and Wilson are all examples of guys who got significant playing time while their backups consistently out performed them. I just don't see why Mullen would do anything different with the quarterback that that doesn't fit his offensive system.

I will give credit to Mullen in that he made some adjustments to his system and style this past year to better fit the skill set of Trask, but he really didn't have that much of a choice after the whole country saw what Trask was capable of.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'm not sure if lebron is the best player anymore. This whiteboy for the mavs has made Leonard and George his prison *****es. And he's only like 20 or 21 I think.
Or not lol. I like the Mavs and hate the Clippers and especially Steve Ballmer, but Leonard destroyed them yesterday and it looks like Dallas's season comes to an end tomorrow. Dallas are 7 point dogs so Vegas sees it the same way I do. The only thing going for Dallas is the home team is O-for so far but that streak probably ends tomorrow. You know what they say, never trust an NBA team whose best player is a white guy.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Good breakdown but it's weird how you seem to think facts are important in conversations. :scratchhead:
Facts? What facts, that Franks is a 500 or slightly better (i'm too lazy to look it up) career starter (and only that because he needed a 1 in 10 chance successful hail Mary against a terrible Tennessee team and was bailed out by Trask to avoid a 2 game losing streak to Kintuck') who can't read a defense to save his life, has a terrible slow windup and release, along with being very slow to process and make decisions of where to go with the ball so there is never any rhythm or flow to the O.

Don't fall for SoFla's smooth talk about practice reports or Franks almost having a 4 game winning streak once. Bottom line is Mullinz had to have been a fuktard to see Franks and Giraffe Boy in passing drills everyday and think Franks is my guy.

The only reason Mullinz got the raise and extension instead of a pink-slip is because of Trask, and despite having him there the entire time, the "QB whisperer" had to have Franks' foot torn off before reluctantly letting Trask save his career. I'd say the facts are clear, Mullinz is a complete fuktard.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Or not lol. I like the Mavs and hate the Clippers and especially Steve Ballmer, but Leonard destroyed them yesterday and it looks like Dallas's season comes to an end tomorrow. Dallas are 7 point dogs so Vegas sees it the same way I do. The only thing going for Dallas is the home team is O-for so far but that streak probably ends tomorrow. You know what they say, never trust an NBA team whose best player is a white guy.
I definitely spoke too early lol. Either way, that white dude has been destroying the clippers until last night

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Facts? What facts, that Franks is a 500 or slightly better (i'm too lazy to look it up) career starter (and only that because he needed a 1 in 10 chance successful hail Mary against a terrible Tennessee team and was bailed out by Trask to avoid a 2 game losing streak to Kintuck') who can't read a defense to save his life, has a terrible slow windup and release, along with being very slow to process and make decisions of where to go with the ball so there is never any rhythm or flow to the O.

Don't fall for SoFla's smooth talk about practice reports or that Franks almost having a 4 game winning streak once. Bottom line is Mullinz had to have been a fuktard to see Franks and Giraffe Boy in passing drills everyday and think Franks is my guy.

The only reason Mullinz got the raise and extension instead of a pink-slip is because of Trask, and despite having him there the entire time, the "QB whisperer" had to have Franks' foot torn off before reluctantly letting Trask save his career. I'd say the facts are clear, Mullinz is a complete fuktard.
Oh, I agree that Trask was the better passer and had better command of the offense, and that it should have been apparent in practice. A more flexible and resourceful HC would've recognized that Trask gave the team a better chance of winning and started him over Franks, even if it meant modifying the HC's preferred style of offense somewhat.

But I also agree with @soflagator's observations that, number one, what do you expect from Mullinz? Even if Trask was a better passer, Franks had more mobility. So that was the guy that Cousin Eddie wanted. He is NOT the most flexible and resourceful coach, unfortunately.

Plus it's also true that just when Cousin reportedly was thinking about benching Franks, Trask got hurt, and after that Franks was playing a little better anyway. Those are facts to be considered in understanding why Cousin didn't start Trask earlier, even if it's still fair to be highly critical of the decision.

If he was the better and less stubborn HC that he is not, he would've started Trask over Franks from day one. But, he is what he isn't. :dunno:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
At least they have a chance to repeat. UGA has won a national championship since the last time the phins won a super bowl. And the Gators have won 3 national championships since your canes have won their last one.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
At least they have a chance to repeat. UGA has won a national championship since the last time the phins won a super bowl. And the Gators have won 3 national championships since your canes have won their last one.

The Canes won it in 2001 because they were spared getting their ass handed to them by Oregon because the BCS let Nebraska back in to the title game.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
But the thing is, though, neteng*...you live in Tampa.

Your teams can bring in mercenary whores who were developed by other teams and buy all the quickly-forgotten (by everyone else) Covid* Championships* you want, but as soon as the parades are over, guess what? The next day you still have to get up and go to your boring, sh*tty job, in your boring, sh*tty city.

I read an interesting stat the other day that said 99.9999% of tourism to the Tampa Gay Area consists of people going to visit their grandparents. The only exception was one family from Minnesota who won a free trip to Busch Gardens in a raffle.

Funny thing was, they didn't even enter the raffle. Nobody who entered wanted that prize, so they had to give it away. The mother from that family accepted it because she'd been wanting to take the family to Tampa anyway. On account of, her parents live there. The father was pissed when he found about it, believe me. Wouldn't you be? I sure would.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This is too easy.

EcstaticThisAruanas-max-1mb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads