Sep 15, 2014
741.gif

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They're celebrating a bowl appearance like it's the SECCG. I think they are now relegated annually being on the bowl bubble. Here's their schedule next year, I see 4-6 wins again with five sure losses coming to Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Missouri. Arkansas and South Carolina are swing games for them making a bowl again.

TBD creampuff
Western Carolina
@ Florida
Arkansas
Georgia
@ Alabama
@ Kentucky
South Carolina
North Texas
@ Missouri
Vandy

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BearCatGator;n128076 said:
I wouldn't count them out. They have had back to back top 5 recruiting classes and with the SEC East being down they would make some noise. They have a young QB that did quite well to end the year. Depending on what McElwain does UT should could be ranked anywhere from 1-4 in the SEC east. They were only 12 points away from winning the east this year.

They're poorly-coached, nothing has shown otherwise. They're a flukey, oddball total collapse versus SC from being 5-7 again.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BearCatGator;n128076 said:
I wouldn't count them out. They have had back to back top 5 recruiting classes and with the SEC East being down they would make some noise. They have a young QB that did quite well to end the year. Depending on what McElwain does UT should could be ranked anywhere from 1-4 in the SEC east. They were only 12 points away from winning the east this year.

I agree they will probably be much improved next season. I could definitely see them going 8-4.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
New picture has surfaced of Butch Jones and his new extension

giphy.gif

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n128128 said:
I agree they will probably be much improved next season. I could definitely see them going 8-4.
I can just as easily see them going 5-7. They will be competing for the 4 spot in the East for the forseeable future.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I might ask "can UF be a competitive team?". The "biguns", Alabama, LSU and Auburn keep churing out teams competing for the SEC and National Championship. Upstart teams like Ole Miss and Mississippi State have come on the scene to stake their share of competing for the SEC Crown. Three wasted years under Will the Thrill not to mention the incredible erosion of top tier recruits added to the three or more years it will take for the new coach to hopefully build a program than can compete for the SEC East let alone a National Championship. Like it or not Tennessee is at the midpoint on the SEC MOUNTAIN while you're at the bottom looking up to begin another hard and long climb on Mount Everest. You don't get it, do you? That decade of losing to Florida has been wiped off the slate. You are no longer the feared and hated Gators of Steve Spurrier, Danny Wuerffel, Urban Meyer and Tim Tebow. You're just the University of Florida with a new untested head coach. We want to get back to being the bad ass lizards of old when you ruled the SEC and knocked on the door of the National Championship. Then you will be worthy of being shocked and defeated by the new Tennessee. Next year when we take you down in the Swamp it won't feel like fitting retribution, true victory.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You've been saying the same thing for 10 years.:rolleyes:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
... next year when we beat you, by Alvie Dork :hehehe:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I almost feel an obligation to chip in on this. Maybe Gators can crowdfund this.

We really need to do everything we can to ensure Bytch and Richt maintain their current employment.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This has a lot to do with Michigan calling for permission to interview him. He said no.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n128297 said:
I might ask "can UF be a competitive team?". The "biguns", Alabama, LSU and Auburn keep churing out teams competing for the SEC and National Championship. Upstart teams like Ole Miss and Mississippi State have come on the scene to stake their share of competing for the SEC Crown. Three wasted years under Will the Thrill not to mention the incredible erosion of top tier recruits added to the three or more years it will take for the new coach to hopefully build a program than can compete for the SEC East let alone a National Championship. Like it or not Tennessee is at the midpoint on the SEC MOUNTAIN while you're at the bottom looking up to begin another hard and long climb on Mount Everest. You don't get it, do you? That decade of losing to Florida has been wiped off the slate. You are no longer the feared and hated Gators of Steve Spurrier, Danny Wuerffel, Urban Meyer and Tim Tebow. You're just the University of Florida with a new untested head coach. We want to get back to being the bad ass lizards of old when you ruled the SEC and knocked on the door of the National Championship. Then you will be worthy of being shocked and defeated by the new Tennessee. Next year when we take you down in the Swamp it won't feel like fitting retribution, true victory.

Same rinse and repeat......again.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
This was a smart move by the brass at UT. Butch Jones is a good coach who had the unenviable job of removing the stench left by Kiffin and Dooley -- he's done well with what he was given. Their program is on the upswing, which is good for the SEC East.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WDCGator;n128842 said:
This was a smart move by the brass at UT. Butch Jones is a good coach who had the unenviable job of removing the stench left by Kiffin and Dooley -- he's done well with what he was given. Their program is on the upswing, which is good for the SEC East.

He sucks. 11-13 overall and 3-13 in the SEC. We just canned a guy for a helluva lot better than that. You can have him and his extension.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Gator Wray;n128033 said:
"Obviously we were very, very excited....," Jones said about getting into the Taxslayer Bowl, the game formerly known as the Gator Bowl.
His announcement of the assignment was greeted with cheers and high-fives and hugs inside Tennessee's main team meeting room. Tennessee's roster includes 12 Florida natives.

Wow, Tenn getting excited about playing the in "old GatorBowl". Program has really slipped.
I think they left off part of the quote "Obviously we were very, very excited not to have to play in Birmingham".

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
The Original DC;n128947 said:
He sucks. 11-13 overall and 3-13 in the SEC. We just canned a guy for a helluva lot better than that. You can have him and his extension.

Considering the hand he was dealt with the state of that football program, he has done an admirable job. I understand this is Gator board and objectivity isn't a requirement for membership, but Butch Jones is a good coach.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Butch Jones got blown out by Derek Dooley and went 0-2 vs. Muschamp, but he's 2-0 against Spurrier. So...........

harryshrug_zpsb5c8276d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator