Can we now be glad we have Mullen and not....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This roster is seriously more devoid and recovering from 98-pound weakling syndrome. That's what's different.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine a 30-degree plane. A downward 30-degree plane.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Can we stop the nonsensical comparisons here between NMSU 2015 & CSU 2018? Everyone is missing the point. C - O - N - T - E - X - T is what is needed here. The point isn't the Gators of McElwain's first game. The point is the steady deterioration of the program from that game on. I don't see that happening with Mullen. Mullen's track record at another SEC school proves that. One other thing. Mullen's track record with QB's from Alexis Smith to Dak Prescott is quite a resume point for Coach Mullen. I'm not saying he's going to lead us to the promise land by any stretch of the imagination. What I AM saying is he won't lead us to Dante's 9 level of hell like McElwain did.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017

No idea what that means. I guess Kelly does not want to be in College football? So he decided to get a Job to go from a winning record to a losing record for fun? Yea, that sure would attract NFL calls....

Good news is, we don't have to be guessing much longer about Mullin. 4 weeks from now, we will have 3 SEC games under our belt, including a very tough road game at MSU. We will find out a lot during that time about this season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Neither school was especially thrilled with the hire. The difference was, we tabbed a guy who had already proven he could swim in the SEC West.

FSU got a $5 million recruiting coordinator.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Kelly has got to have like $50 million in the bank. How motivated can he possibly be to expend the energy necessary to recruit and coach at a high level?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Can we stop the nonsensical comparisons here between NMSU 2015 & CSU 2018? Everyone is missing the point. C - O - N - T - E - X - T is what is needed here. The point isn't the Gators of McElwain's first game. The point is the steady deterioration of the program from that game on. I don't see that happening with Mullen. Mullen's track record at another SEC school proves that. One other thing. Mullen's track record with QB's from Alexis Smith to Dak Prescott is quite a resume point for Coach Mullen. I'm not saying he's going to lead us to the promise land by any stretch of the imagination. What I AM saying is he won't lead us to Dante's 9 level of hell like McElwain did.

I actually agree with you. I think Dan will probably do ok here. But that QB track record thing...man, that sounds familiar. Stupid dog.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Wow. I didn't say any of that. You must have me confused with another post.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Chump left us with out an Oline. But there was talent on the offensive side of the ball. K. Taylor, D. Rob and some good TE's. Treon was a servicable QB until defenses figured out he was a one trick pony and of course the other guy who is on a few Heisman lists this year. You can't win without an Oline for long unless you're a somewhat competent coach and butters certainly wasn't. We are still recovering from Chump's Oline recruiting that the shark humper never fixed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All this "he knows how to utilize players" and "wins the ones he should stuff" is crap. He was .500 against Bielema and that moron at Ole Piss while on probation. And lost to South Alabama, IN HIS SEVENTH YEAR. Some of you are insane.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Neither school was especially thrilled with the hire. The difference was, we tabbed a guy who had already proven he could swim in the SEC West.

FSU got a $5 million recruiting coordinator.
Mullen got boat raced by most of the secw. I wouldn't call that swimming. Recruiting coordinators don't turn around 3 programs. Taggart maybe in over his head. We'll see what both teams have in November. Hopefully a gator win is the result. We need momentum in the state.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen got boat raced by most of the secw. I wouldn't call that swimming. Recruiting coordinators don't turn around 3 programs. Taggart maybe in over his head. We'll see what both teams have in November. Hopefully a gator win is the result. We need momentum in the state.
No, not just Mullen. The entire college football landscape got boatraced by the SEC West.

Until he bombs here, we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt. We'll be able to sleep better awaiting whatever is about to happen.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This is my biggest gripe. That, recruiting and the buyout. I expect us to kill cupcakes but Mullen is being paid beat Bama $. Mullens a good coach I just don't think he's an elite coach. Which given how we've struggled recruiting isn't good. We'll see when we play lsu, msu, UGA and FSU. I'll gladly admit being wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.