Can we now be glad we have Mullen and not....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only difference that matters is the CJM believed that Grier and Harris should be in a QB battle. If you don't believe that this staff, with any of the shortcomings it may have, is light years better than a guy who can't recognize that difference - then I don't know what to tell you. One of these things was clearly not like the other.

Coach speak is Coach speak.... Saban said there is no separation between Tua and Hurts all offseason.... did you believe him as well. Grier took first team snaps during the O&B debut. We all knew who was the leader in the contest, when they were showcasing his talents, and not Harris.

McElwain is a bag of dicks, but this example is a poor example, especially with all the evidence of whom was the leader in the competition even before the season. If you believed it was Harris in 2015, or if you believed Hurts was really in the running for starting qb at Bama this year... I got some Indian Ocean coastline to sell you in Kansas.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So Donkers would want a coach with a top offense then? So from a Sunbelt team like New Mexico, Arkansas St, Ball St, Nevada, or Western Michigan? Those teams are in the top 11 offenses in the nation. And yet he STILL can't name THE coach he would want instead of Mullen. LOLOL

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
blah blah babbling idiot nonstop blah blah
At no point would I ever consider a coach w a losing conference record who also lost to a D2 team.

Ever.

We were trying to get rid of those type coaches.... I thought.

One thing Ive learned with criminals, business people, attorneys, almost everyone is that you are what your record says you are.

You can try spiking the ball in the endzone after Charleston but you should know by now it is going to bounce into your gonads again, like always.

Do we HOPE he is better this go around? sure. Are you likely yo look like a fool again for pretending his record isnt mediocre at best? Of course.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Take a look at the thread after the New Mexico game in 2015... then lets all pump the breaks. A great first game, but it's Charleston Southern... lets wait a bit.
I didn't want to be the ass who suggested waiting until at least October before ordering the tickets to Atlanta.....

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
After this huge win, 10 win prediction or you are a dumper.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
After this huge win, 10 win prediction or you are a dumper.
I'd say probably 8 maybe 9 wins including a bowl game but it could also come crashing down to 5 or 6 with a rash of injuries....:dunno:
I'll wait until after the UT game to give a more solid prediction....If we have 1 or more losses at that point sh!t could get ugly....if we're still unbeaten it could end up being a decent season. Only time will tell and the clock will start talking this Saturday.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Coach speak is Coach speak.

McElwain is a bag of dicks, but this example is a poor example, especially with all the evidence of whom was the leader in the competition even before the season. .

I'm sorry, you're flat just wrong. It wasn't just coach speak in this case. They were splitting reps in the first two games and he was on record stating he planned on playing both against Kentucky as a starter had not been decided.

Will Grier, Treon Harris expected to play for Gators against Kentucky | Gator Bytes

Treon was actually warming up on the sideline at one point in the Kentucky game.

It's coach speak when the coach is not naming a starter in the preseason. It was pretty clear who Saban's guy was in game one and his testy response to the reporter is evidence that he's done talking about it.

Butters addressed in the weekly press conference that week at the 4:00 mark. The very first question from the press is about the QB situation - after game 3. 9:43

Treon got suspended for Tennessee and the way that one ended made the issue moot. Whether due to gross incompetence or because he had a personal issue with Grier he couldn't see what he had.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sorry, you're flat just wrong. It wasn't just coach speak in this case. They were splitting reps in the first two games and he was on record stating he planned on playing both against Kentucky as a starter had not been decided.

Will Grier, Treon Harris expected to play for Gators against Kentucky | Gator Bytes

Treon was actually warming up on the sideline at one point in the Kentucky game.

It's coach speak when the coach is not naming a starter in the preseason. It was pretty clear who Saban's guy was in game one and his testy response to the reporter is evidence that he's done talking about it.

Butters addressed in the weekly press conference that week at the 4:00 mark. The very first question from the press is about the QB situation - after game 3. 9:43

Treon got suspended for Tennessee and the way that one ended made the issue moot. Whether due to gross incompetence or because he had a personal issue with Grier he couldn't see what he had.

I'm so sorry, I forgot that McElwain was so honest during his press conferences, even when the evidence stated otherwise.

So we have the other quarterback warming up while the new starter is struggling no team ever does that.

Go take a look at Saban's statements about his two quarterbacks after game one this season.

Ask yourself what does the O&B debut represent, a practice or a marketing tool for the future? Take a look at the O&B debut and who was running with the 1s the majority of fall practice. That tells you where they were at the end of Spring and who was the leader heading into game 1.

You are trying to find the specs of evidence that fits you bias.

Drive Break Down by Game:

NMU: Grier: 6, Harris: 6, Grady:1
ECU: Grier: 8, Harris: 4
UK: Grier:10 Harris: 0

Last edited:

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I'm so sorry, I forgot that McElwain was so honest during his press conferences, even when the evidence stated otherwise.

You are trying to find the specs of evidence that fits you bias.

No, I'm accurately remembering history. In a one possession East Carolina game in the fourth quarter it was Harris not, Grier leading the offense. It's one thing to have a belief about something; it's another to retain that belief in the face of being confronted with evidence that you were incorrect. The East Carolina game itself is manifest proof that you're not remembering the situation correctly. I'm not going to go back and pull every link from every beat writer and resurrect every dead thread to show you there was no clear consensus; especially not when you yourself simply made a declaration with nothing to back it up and then when you're called out on it you simply call what's presented confirmation bias.

I'm in the camp that happens to believe Butters had a personal problem with Grier because he wasn't his type of guy. Anyone with eyes could see he was better.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, I'm accurately remembering history. In a one possession East Carolina game in the fourth quarter it was Harris not, Grier leading the offense. It's one thing to have a belief about something; it's another to retain that belief in the face of being confronted with evidence that you were incorrect. The East Carolina game itself is manifest proof that you're not remembering the situation correctly. I'm not going to go back and pull every link from every beat writer and resurrect every dead thread to show you there was no clear consensus; especially not when you yourself simply made a declaration with nothing to back it up and then when you're called out on it you simply call what's presented confirmation bias.

I'm in the camp that happens to believe Butters had a personal problem with Grier because he wasn't his type of guy. Anyone with eyes could see he was better.

In otherwords, because you remember it that way it must be true. Thanks for informing us all of your "fact" based bias. Go ahead and take a look at those drive summaries and threads from 2015. I already have.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
In otherwords, because you remember it that way it must be true. Thanks for informing us all of your "fact" based bias. Go ahead and take a look at those drive summaries and threads from 2015. I already have.

No. Because I gave you the proof. You don't put the ball in a QB's hand with the game on the line, in a game that had no reason being close, if he is not at least on equal footing with the other QB. It's no big deal. You were wrong about something that doesn't even matter anymore, why not just say so and move on? Or are you going to continue to argue that Will Grier was clearly "the guy" in Butter's mind even though when the game was on the line he put someone other than "the guy" in? Seriously, dude.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

I am in the camp that MacShark was so arrogant and out of touch, he could have had Emit Smith and Tebow on the team and still managed to lose. Mac had a personal problem with Mac:trux:

And we know where Michigan is heading. At least Muschump has wised up a little.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I thought going into the season that Francois and Blackmon were both bad fits for taggarts offense . Its showed last night. His offense requires a running qb. At least from what I've seen of it anyhow. Even the guy they have committed looks like a bad fit.

Francois was the #1 Dual Threat QB in the 2015 class. I'm not sure how much better a fit any running-QB system could ask for. And frankly, I thought DF was the least of their concerns Monday. They couldn't protect him, the routes were a joke, the playcalling itself was laughable, and the ST's seemed like they hadn't practiced since March.

I'll give you Blackmon not fitting though. Outside of the NYC Marathon, I'm not sure what system he fits.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Who woulda thought after 6 pages we’d still be waiting for Donkey to give us a list of more qualified head coaches we should have hired or targeted?

61d47b33-bb18-47d8-9b9c-2e259c7213da.inline_yes

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Francois was the #1 Dual Threat QB in the 2015 class. I'm not sure how much better a fit any running-QB system could ask for. And frankly, I thought DF was the least of their concerns Monday. They couldn't protect him, the routes were a joke, the playcalling itself was laughable, and the ST's seemed like they hadn't practiced since March.

I'll give you Blackmon not fitting though. Outside of the NYC Marathon, I'm not sure what system he fits.
Francois is a good qb. He, Akers, and Burns were the highlights as well as that Laborn kid.

5 star Levonta Taylor got punked all night

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Mac had a personal problem Mac

I've heard apocryphal stories about truly strange behavior. I say apocryphal not necessarily because I don't believe them, but because I only began to hear them after the whole death threats thing came out. My buddy who's a former Gainesville area car dealership owner (and was a Bullgator in the Meyer era and now again in the Mullen era) said a friend of his what as at a dinner with Butters in the spring of 2015 and that he was all weird and awkward with people. He'd go from laughing to looking like he was fighting back rage. He'd walk away from people while they were in mid sentence talking with him and then walk back later and chat them up like nothing had happened. Take it with a grain of salt - but it made sense coming from a guy that apparently fabricated death threats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.