Can you be an Elite Academic Institution and be an Elite Football Program?

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by NOLAGATOR, Jan 10, 2019.

1. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,219
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / -394
    No problem, but I must admit I did not really fact check your post. I just remembered that when UNL was kicked out/left the AAU it meant they were the only Big Ten member not in the AAU. I too could not remember Rutgers was a member and had to look up the 14 member.

2. gatorev12

gatorev12 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,221
    Ratings:
    +1,224 / -98
    I'd agree that it's far tougher and more subjective to rank universities than athletic programs; and would also agree that UM has better graduate programs than ND does (mostly due to the fact UM has a med school and more grad programs than ND does). I just found it curious that you'd characterize Stanford and Michigan as being elite; and ND as not being in that category--when the rankings place them in between the two.

3. NVGator

NVGator Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,636
    Ratings:
    +7,296 / -298
    Stanford?

4. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,219
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / -394
    Depends on the ranking. Stanford and Michigan are in the AAU and UND is not. Other rankings would rank the three schools differently and the AAU membership is based on criteria related to graduate programs mainly.