Cavin Ridley commits, then decommits from USCe

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So do we want him now? Or does he smell like Chump?

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do we really want a guy who decided to commit to Chump to begin with. Doesn't make me feel real good about his intelligence or lack thereof.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do we really want a guy who decided to commit to Chump to begin with. Doesn't make me feel real good about his intelligence or lack thereof.
I would say that he shouldn't be ruled out. Dante Fowler and CeCe Jefferson were anything but smooth during their recruitments, but both turned out to be high character guys.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He gets a huge knock for committing there at all. But he'd get huge props for committing to UF, so it evens itself out.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We definitely want to land a taller/bigger WR in this class and Ridley's a little bigger than our 3 current commits who are all 6' to 6'1" and weighing around 180 (Swain, Hammond and Wells). I'd like to have NCM, Gavin or Victor to fill that big WR role in front of Ridley (they're all taller/bigger than Ridley). For a slot WR, still hoping for Tre Nixon.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He should have stayed at USCe. Can you imagine how good of a blocker he could have become?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
As much as I want to (and will) knock Muschamp, he has been a good recruiter in the definition of closing the deal on the kids you want. He sucked as a head coach, therefore didn't attempt to fill the holes in the roster. To me, a good recruiter lands the kids you want, a good coach wants kids to meet the roster needs. He was a good recruiter, not a good head coach. Evidence - he landed the good defensive kids he wanted, both here and at AU. He can close a deal, he just can't recognize the true team needs, and as we have all seen he can't identify good talent (Harris?) nor develop kids once he lands them.

For Ridley, I hadn't heard him change from his USCe commitment which I saw as another case of WM closing the deal with a kid he wants (mix in a good bit of the kid not wanting to be in his brother's shadow, I'm sure). However if he did change his mind, I assume it is the same thought process I went through trying to understand such a commitment - Yeah WM would love to have Ridley there, makes him feel the love, and there is a wide open roster to earn early playing time BUT how many offensive players has WM or any of his OC's been able to develop and get to the NFL? And who is the WR coach? And who is the QB that is needed to get Ridley the dang ball? Early playing time is great, you get out there and run your routes....for what? You need a coaching staff that calls plays that get you the ball and a competent QB to execute those plays. That doesn't exist at USCe.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Now he won't learn to run block as soon.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I would rather him go to Bama than go to USCe. I want to see Muschamp fail and I want the failure to be fast and spectacular. Not getting a 4* receiver will definitely help that.
That is very immature of you, wanting the Chump Slump to fail. I wish I was mature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator