CBN on Josh Pate’s the Late Kick on Tuesday

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
i feel like hes been mailing it in since he arrived. what part of the program is better than when dildo dan was here - and dont say facilities b/c that has nothing to do with either of them.
I think the overall roster is better. Results won’t support that due to the coaching though.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I actually thought it was a pretty good interview too.

I didn’t really see any Coach speak. And even on the special teams issue he said they have had organizational challenges. He did qualify it by saying that the rest of the ST worked really well but organizationally (getting people on the field, etc…) they know they work
Sounds to me like the future is driveway? :dunno:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I tried. I really, really tried to get through it all. I turned it off after Billy said Special Teams was one of the best in the nation.

I don't think you can fix a problem if you don't think there is a problem to fix.

Do I think that's coach speak? No, I genuinely believe that Billy is perplexed every time we lose.
If you watch to his 3/23 Spring practice presser, you can see he really doesn't know what what he means. He's struggles to convey concepts.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
i feel like hes been mailing it in since he arrived. what part of the program is better than when dildo dan was here - and dont say facilities b/c that has nothing to do with either of them.

I’ll give him ’22, and think he genuinely tried that first season. But after his “not gonna let you not be happy” locker room speech after a terrible win over Charlotte and then getting adversarial with the fans a week later following the Uk beating, I do think he mailed it in. His plan to keep doing this despite the chorus of people, fans, media and even recruits taking about the need for an OC just tells me he’s too arrogant and has too thin of skin to be a successful head coach. He knows it and is simply going through motions at this point. So yeah, between the stubborn “finger” to the fans and the quitting, he’s exactly the same as the last 3. Zero difference except possibly dumber.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He did qualify it by saying that the rest of the ST worked really
What worked well? I know it isnt a very nice thing to do, but has anyone told this guy we can block kicks occasionally?

He thinks just managing to get a foot on the ball on punts and extra points is good enough? Just a punt of 30 yards are more and SOME fgs and xp's is good enough?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We will all know after the Miami game what this team will be.
Yeah, I don't think we will. Generally Cajun Taggart manages one win over a team with a top 50 roster every year. It really feels like it has to be Miami.

scUM looks hilariously bad in their spring game at that middle school field....BEFORE they lost their top talent. I really dont think they can afford to fire him no matter how bad it gets.

We ve also seen this team win against Top 40 Utah and Top 30 Tinerc then fall apart completely. October will be the key. And his yearly embarrassment vs Kintucky.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What worked well? I know it isnt a very nice thing to do, but has anyone told this guy we can block kicks occasionally?

He thinks just managing to get a foot on the ball on punts and extra points is good enough? Just a punt of 30 yards are more and SOME fgs and xp's is good enough?

Well also, on several occasions we did manage to get 11 people off the field, and 11 others—completely different people mind you—onto the field. Let’s not discount that as if it’s nothing. Only at some of the world’s finest symphonies, and maybe, maayybbee a 1st grade PE class dodgeball game, have I seen such brilliant orchestration. I don’t know how he does it.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yeah, I don't think we will. Generally Cajun Taggart manages one win over a team with a top 50 roster every year. It really feels like it has to be Miami.

scUM looks hilariously bad in their spring game at that middle school field....BEFORE they lost their top talent. I really dont think they can afford to fire him no matter how bad it gets.

We ve also seen this team win against Top 40 Utah and Top 30 Tinerc then fall apart completely. October will be the key. And his yearly embarrassment vs Kintucky.
I would take the win over miami then if it falls apart, so be it. At least their season will beg to know, how did you lose to that HC?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I saw him in another interview talk about this. I can’t remember when. Maybe at the end of the season. And he brought up a ton of statistics and showed how we were top-tier in them. I think they were on punt and kick off coverage.

But honestly, I don’t care. I want to see enough people lineup. I want to see blocked kicks. I want to see a good field goal kicker. I want to see a good punter. And I want to see great kick and punt returns.

We don’t block kicks, we can’t line up enough people. And we are not particularly good at punt or kick returning. which tells me that special teams is a problem.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the new Apple update was designed by squirrels.

And not particularly intelligent squirrels.
My left AirPod stopped working for about three days. It all of a sudden started again, but it’s about 1/10 of the volume.

I couldn’t get my AirPod Case to charge all day today. Then all of a sudden it just started charging.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My left AirPod stopped working for about three days. It all of a sudden started again, but it’s about 1/10 of the volume.

I couldn’t get my AirPod Case to charge all day today. Then all of a sudden it just started charging.

Had something similar happen with mine. Ended up getting new ones as a gift because the microphone on one stopped working and people couldn’t hear me. Then they’d charge all night and then the left would be dead within minutes the next day in the gym. Of course, you k ow me. I took it in stride and barely threw them.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
But honestly, I don’t care. I want to see enough people lineup. I want to see blocked kicks. I want to see a good field goal kicker. I want to see a good punter. And I want to see great kick and punt returns.
We don’t block kicks, we can’t line up enough people. And we are not particularly good at punt or kick returning. which tells me that special teams is a problem.
Would be interesting to know if those aspects are coached and practiced.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017

Reasonable take. I'll counter with this. Simple Bill seems to coach down to his rival coaches. So no matter how bad Miami looks, my prediction is so will the Gators. Yeah I know Utah and all, but we barely won that game, a fluke INT in the end zone in the closing seconds saved it. We should have lost that game. The next week vs KY was brutal.

I think that Tennessee game was the only time he out coached his rival.

So back to Miami, even with a win, if it's a typical Simple Bill barely scraping by a crappy rival, we are going to know it's gonna be a long year.

Now, if he's cleaned all that up, comes out a curbstomps Miami, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would take the win over miami then if it falls apart, so be it. At least their season will beg to know, how did you lose to that HC?
I think their idiot is worse than our idiot. And they paid 100 mil for theirs.

imagine being Oregon and getting rid of both Taggart and Cristobal without paying a penny.

of course to get rid of both taggart and crystal ball you have to have hired both Taggart and Cristobal.... so maybe it isn't so great. he hired two coaches with a below 500 career record.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reasonable take. I'll counter with this. Simple Bill seems to coach down to his rival coaches. So no matter how bad Miami looks, my prediction is so will the Gators..
Oh I absolutely believe it'll be a moronathon for the ages. This is like an eclipse or a comment. You don't so much stupid on the field at one time. I may happen only every few decades. Or it may never happen again in our lifetime.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I took it in stride and barely threw them.
Napoleon Dynamite Rock Throw GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.