CBN on Josh Pate’s the Late Kick on Tuesday

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I saw him in another interview talk about this. I can’t remember when. Maybe at the end of the season. And he brought up a ton of statistics and showed how we were top-tier in them. I think they were on punt and kick off coverage.

But honestly, I don’t care. I want to see enough people lineup. I want to see blocked kicks. I want to see a good field goal kicker. I want to see a good punter. And I want to see great kick and punt returns.

We don’t block kicks, we can’t line up enough people. And we are not particularly good at punt or kick returning. which tells me that special teams is a problem.
I don’t need to look it up and will trust that we averaged 2.3 yards more on kick/punt returns than the national average or gave up 1.2 yards less per punt/kick return.

I’d love the see the stat on games lost/won by special teams plays made or blown. I’m highly confident we were in the bottom 25 in 2023. Gamechangers indeed.

It is this type of attempt to serve us poisoned rotten overcooked steak while highlighting that it took a staff of 3 chefs and 48 hours to make the compound butter sauce on top of the rancid meal that is so infuriating (from Stricklin, the most, and Napier).

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I don’t need to look it up and will trust that we averaged 2.3 yards more on kick/punt returns than the national average or gave up 1.2 yards less per punt/kick return.

I’d love the see the stat on games lost/won by special teams plays made or blown. I’m highly confident we were in the bottom 25 in 2023. Gamechangers indeed.

It is this type of attempt to serve us poisoned rotten overcooked steak while highlighting that it took a staff of 3 chefs and 48 hours to make the compound butter sauce on top of the rancid meal that is so infuriating (from Stricklin, the most, and Napier).
Try ketchup

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Indeed. They’re arrogant. They’re brash. They think if they use just the right spices and cook this rancid meat long enough it will work. But they’ve gone too far. They’ve over seasoned it. Which is why fans are keeling over all around them.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Indeed. They’re arrogant. They’re brash. They think if they use just the right spices and cook this rancid meat long enough it will work. But they’ve gone too far. They’ve over seasoned it. Which is why fans are keeling over all around them.
I'm starting to think that Billy approaches football the way a finance guy looks at stocks. Not as a business owner but as a stock guy. That may be why he's considered a "process guy" or a "detail guy" it's certainly not organizationally.

He has said many stupid things such as "that play has a 15% success rate." What coach says that? Statisticians and analysts say that, not coaches.

My suspicion is that he approached it this way at ULL also but was able to recruit bigger, faster, and stronger guys and 'voila' .... the process works. Thus verifying his 'process'.

My fear is that without being able to out recruit in the SEC he will stubbornly stick to his process because he has statistical evidence that the 'process' TM (patents pending) is a success.

This is as equally stupid and magical thinking as Muschamps "going with the hot hand"

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm starting to think that Billy approaches football the way a finance guy looks at stocks. Not as a business owner but as a stock guy. That may be why he's considered a "process guy" or a "detail guy" it's certainly not organizationally.

He has said many stupid things such as "that play has a 15% success rate." What coach says that? Statisticians and analysts say that, not coaches.

My suspicion is that he approached it this way at ULL also but was able to recruit bigger, faster, and stronger guys and 'voila' .... the process works. Thus verifying his 'process'.

My fear is that without being able to out recruit in the SEC he will stubbornly stick to his process because he has statistical evidence that the 'process' TM (patents pending) is a success.

This is as equally stupid and magical thinking as Muschamps "going with the hot hand"

I’ve stopped trying to figure it out. Either he’s an incredible genius, and it will be evidenced by our winning 9+ games this year, or my gut instinct that he isn’t cut out to run a hotdog stand is correct and he spends Thanksgiving in a different state. Either way I’m fine. I was just looking at cruises in the fall last night and didn’t even bother to check the dates for potential game interference. That’s where we’re at.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
-Z5vp-.gif

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve stopped trying to figure it out. Either he’s an incredible genius, and it will be evidenced by our winning 9+ games this year, or my gut instinct that he isn’t cut out to run a hotdog stand is correct and he spends Thanksgiving in a different state. Either way I’m fine. I was just looking at cruises in the fall last night and didn’t even bother to check the dates for potential game interference. That’s where we’re at.
We, meaning you.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reminds me of the story deet once told in the box after one too many. He, J, and Urg were all sitting on a park bench before a ladies lacrosse game when a guy in a trench coat ran up, opened his coat and flashed them.

It shocked them so much that Deet and J had strokes but Urg's arms were too short to reach.
New York Comedy GIF by HULU

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

You’re hoping for clarity one way or another. I am too. But we may be headed for a “competitive” 6-7 wins, which while an improvement, wouldn’t provide the relief of real success or failure.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You’re hoping for clarity one way or another. I am too. But we may be headed for a “competitive” 6-7 wins, which while an improvement, wouldn’t provide the relief of real success or failure.

I see a differently. I could be way off on this, but looking at that schedule, if we’re only able to beat five or six of those teams, we’re probably only actually beating two or three. Likewise, if we can win six or seven of those games, then we are good enough to win nine or more. It’s just not a schedule that will allow for a team that already lacks a bit of confidence to bumble its way through. We either are better than what some are expecting, grab some momentum and do really well, or there are enough pitfalls in the first half of that schedule for the wheels to completely come off. I just don’t see any middle ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.