CeCe Jefferson has not signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n172627 said:
So why all the delay over the coach. This is stupid.

Because there is more to it than what is being let out. It's frustrating, and truthfully a little embarrassing, that these reporters aren't willing to ask that very basic, simple question. It's almost as if they're afraid to sound like they're prying or being too intrusive. So instead they just dance around the obvious and take the very stale, and quite contradicting mantra again and again. Call it what it is.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
soflagator;n172636 said:
Because there is more to it than what is being let out. It's frustrating, and truthfully a little embarrassing, that these reporters aren't willing to ask that very basic, simple question. It's almost as if they're afraid to sound like they're prying or being too intrusive. So instead they just dance around the obvious and take the very stale, and quite contradicting mantra again and again. Call it what it is.
I could care less what their reasons are. They should just be honest and quit talking out of both sides of their mouth. If you want to wait to see who your coach is then say so. This is why the Roquan Smith delay is no big deal and CeCe's is a cluster F***. Just quit lying.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n172566 said:
There's probably a ridiculous NCAA rule stating only fax makes it official.
I think the NCAA still uses Morse code.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n172645 said:
I could care less what their reasons are. They should just be honest and quit talking out of both sides of their mouth. If you want to wait to see who your coach is then say so. This is why the Roquan Smith delay is no big deal and CeCe's is a cluster F***. Just quit lying.

I even see the Smith deal as an issue. This has to stop. At some point, kids are going to keep pushing this further and further until you have kids committing at the team's Spring Game. And that may seem facetious, but it's headed that direction. As I said the other day, if you're a big name, you'e been evaluating options for years. There's literally zero reason why your mind can't be made up in that time frame. It's a college choice, and there aren't any terrible choices. Spend less time trolling fans and tweeting every thought that comes to mind, and more time truly focusing on your options.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: RT "@JonShu89: CeCe Jefferson said he's planning on signing his #LOI to #Florida sometime next week.”

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
williston_gator;n172759 said:
@AndrewSpiveyGC: RT "@JonShu89: CeCe Jefferson said he's planning on signing his #LOI to #Florida sometime next week.”

Uhh, he already signed it on camera....

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: Correct. Lasts seven days from Tuesday. New one can be sent if necessary. RT @UF1: @onlygators if he waits too long, the LOI expires

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
First real test of JM's tenure. Hopefully he sets a tone here and drops this kid. It's enough already. All the other "game players" stopped 2 days ago. Letting one player to continue playing this game is much more dangerous than losing a prospect. We immediately win in the realm of public perception. And at this stage, I'm all but convinced that this kid will be a bust. Time to cut the cord and save face. He's not going to be a Gator. And even if by some chance he does, he's already shown a selfish side that rivals anything we've dealt with previously. Cut it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No need to worry about it too much as he will probably sign it soon and if he doesn't we just move on.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n172795 said:
First real test of JM's tenure. Hopefully he sets a tone here and drops this kid. It's enough already. All the other "game players" stopped 2 days ago. Letting one player to continue playing this game is much more dangerous than losing a prospect. We immediately win in the realm of public perception. And at this stage, I'm all but convinced that this kid will be a bust. Time to cut the cord and save face. He's not going to be a Gator. And even if by some chance he does, he's already shown a selfish side that rivals anything we've dealt with previously. Cut it.
Potential cancer in the locker room. Let him play his games elsewhere.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
soflagator;n172795 said:

This.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't drop the kid, not just yet anyway. It's not his fault. The father is literally holding him hostage. I'd give it a bit more time. I think if he does, it'll send the positive message that McElwain not only can recruit, but he can do so with a sense of compassion and understanding for what these kids go through.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately our backup plans probably also had a shelf life. Nothing to lose by waiting at this point.

In the future I won't be surprised if we don't give our first tier guys a dropdead date on the offers then move on. We just weren't in strong position to do that this year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let him meet the new coach, BFD. The team already likes him, doubt he'll be a cancer. Just move onto the WR coach candidates

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he signs and gets in. Once he gets on campus and fall camp starts,the honeymoon is over. Those 5stars are removed and hopefully all the diva treatment will be over. Seems like he might be marking himself . One thing that bothers me is we have other defensive linemen who thought they were playing for Davis and they're not begging to get out of their loi. I think it's disrespectful to your future teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator