CeCe Jefferson has not signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n172833]I wouldn't drop the kid, not just yet anyway. It's not his fault. The father is literally holding him hostage. I'd give it a bit more time. I think if he does, it'll send the positive message that McElwain not only can recruit, but he can do so with a sense of compassion and understanding for what these kids go through.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. You know it's amateur hour when the Alligator Army starts calling you out. I think the media has done a good job of boxing the father in and getting him to stand down to avoid further embarrassment. He's already come out and said he's fine with whatever decison his son makes now. That should've ended it. Instead, there are just more delays. They're looking for reasons to not sign here, and more importantly how to do it without further character damage. Keep in mind that guys like Easley, Powell, Floyd etc. dealt with much more than just a position coach change, and were moving away from home to attend a school on the opposite side of the country, and we didn't see these types of antics, even after Edwards left.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n172848 said:
I hope he signs and gets in. Once he gets on campus and fall camp starts,the honeymoon is over. Those 5stars are removed and hopefully all the diva treatment will be over. Seems like he might be marking himself . One thing that bothers me is we have other defensive linemen who thought they were playing for Davis and they're not begging to get out of their loi. I think it's disrespectful to your future teammates.

Great point and exactly what I'm talking about when I say we're headed down a dangerous path. Why does this kid deserve any different treatment than what the other kids that signed as scheduled have received? Should we let them look around as well? How are we not encouraging this type of behavior?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n172845 said:
Unfortunately our backup plans probably also had a shelf life. Nothing to lose by waiting at this point.

In the future I won't be surprised if we don't give our first tier guys a dropdead date on the offers then move on. We just weren't in strong position to do that this year.

I honestly think that giving a clearly defined time window, or just dropping all together at this point, would send a clear message about this staff. I realize we weren't exactly negotiating from a position of strength. But we made tremendous strides with or without Jefferson. We would get rave reviews from the entire country by putting an end to this saga.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Well the newest report in on all kinds of weather says that once again Leo is the problem. The first letter is MIA and the staff has mailed a second letter to him for his mom to sign. Cece and the mom are on board with coach rumph and he is adamant about wanting to be a Gator, but the dad refuses to let him still. Essentially they said mom and dad fight constantly and she is now prepared to sign it behind his back if he won't get on board at this point because she want him to be a Gator and so does Cece. It will get taken care off, but its just a matter of them being able to get it done without Leo interfearing. He strikes me as the type of guys who will wait by the mailbox non-stop the next few days to try and prevent it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
gingerlover;n172857 said:
Well the newest report in on all kinds of weather says that once again Leo is the problem. The first letter is MIA and the staff has mailed a second letter to him for his mom to sign. Cece and the mom are on board with coach rumph and he is adamant about wanting to be a Gator, but the dad refuses to let him still. Essentially they said mom and dad fight constantly and she is now prepared to sign it behind his back if he won't get on board at this point because she want him to be a Gator and so does Cece. It will get taken care off, but its just a matter of them being able to get it done without Leo interfearing. He strikes me as the type of guys who will wait by the mailbox non-stop the next few days to try and prevent it.

Just not buying any of it. The dad has completely been boxed in and has stated that he is supportive of the UF pledge. And if the mom and CCJ are so adamant about things and willing to sign behind this idiot's back, then why not either do it or at least announce that he is the problem. Up to this point, Jefferson himself has stated that it isn't true, but rather that it's about the DL coach change. Now he loves the new coach, has history with him, and there's still no definitive timeline? Gmab. There's obviously more there than what we're seeing, and I'd say there's a fairly decent chance that it's shady. Hopefully we're not already wrapped up in this and can walk away. But that's exactly what we need to do. This is trouble.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Leo may be out on furlough from Florida State Hospital MacClenny?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n172854 said:
But we made tremendous strides with or without Jefferson. We would get rave reviews from the entire country by putting an end to this saga.
We made tremendous strides. I said all along I wanted to see OL and don't care about DEs. We even added potential playmakers at RB and WR.

However, at this point we'd just be running him to Chimp with no backup kid to sign. He'll be an orange helmet (sans stickers) soon enough and he'll either learn his place or sink.

This coach doesn't strike me as the type that is going to give any kid the Percy Harvin primadonna even-the-coaches-can't-tell-him-what-to-do treatment.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
gingerlover;n172857 said:

I told you guys that shady bully swiped it.

The family are just trying to save themselves further public embarrassment for having such a twit in the family by saying all this rigamarole about coaches and whatnot. The dad is a selfish, overgrown child and now everyone knows it. No wonder all the women were cutting their eyes at him when CeCe was signing. They knew it was going to hit the fan.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I still can't get past that it is with Leo. Sure CeCe is going to say otherwise as he does not want a negative perception about his father and the circus its creating. But I go back to CeCe's announcement on TV. Watch how Leo acted. It will tell you alot. More going on here than meets the eye. I would also think that CeCe wants to make sure all is cool with Rumph before anything else happens. With the coaching change it just added to the circus thats going on.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n172852 said:
Disagree. You know it's amateur hour when the Alligator Army starts calling you out. I think the media has done a good job of boxing the father in and getting him to stand down to avoid further embarrassment. He's already come out and said he's fine with whatever decison his son makes now.

What Leo says publicly and what Leo says and does privately are two different things. 'Leo's gonna take care of Leo...'

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n172870 said:
Just not buying any of it. The dad has completely been boxed in and has stated that he is supportive of the UF pledge...

Do you believe him?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
TN G8tr;n172888 said:
I still can't get past that it is with Leo. Sure CeCe is going to say otherwise as he does not want a negative perception about his father and the circus its creating. But I go back to CeCe's announcement on TV. Watch how Leo acted. It will tell you alot. More going on here than meets the eye. I would also think that CeCe wants to make sure all is cool with Rumph before anything else happens. With the coaching change it just added to the circus thats going on.

Rumph recruited CeCe two years ago. They know each other. He already tweeted about being "reunited" with the guy. It's ALL Leo.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Alagator;n172908 said:
What Leo says publicly and what Leo says and does privately are two different things. 'Leo's gonna take care of Leo...'

even his public statements are a circus.

version 1. "We want CeCe going further from home for school."
version 2. "The staff didn't really treat us right."
version 3. "We're not sure about the coaching change and don't know Rumph."

All this within 24 hours. It is all complete BS of the lowest order. I can't imagine what this family has to go through on a daily basis with loony Leo. And the young man still turned the focus of this wackiness onto himself. Whether or not he ends up here, I don't think the drama has stemmed from CeCe and he actually took the fire for his so-called dad.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm with Sofla on this. I'd give him 12 hours or pull it. I know the dad has messed this up but CeCe's playing us too. His story changes every time he tweets. Give them a deadline, if Leo isn't going to let the kid go where he "says" he wants to go then he'll have to live with the consequences that leaves on their relationship. Hell, we have WR's that committed and they dont even have a coach. CeCe says he's committing to the school and not a coach. Call his bluff and make him sh!t or get off the pot.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm over it. At this point, I hope he's NOT on our roster for 2015. Go be the drama queen on someone else's team.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I read on here the LOI is only good for 7 days ? So does coach Mac send him another one or does CeCe have to
ask for one. Is the 7 day deal real ?
Maybe CeCe hands it in at our UK v UF basketball game ?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n172853 said:
Great point and exactly what I'm talking about when I say we're headed down a dangerous path. Why does this kid deserve any different treatment than what the other kids that signed as scheduled have received? Should we let them look around as well? How are we not encouraging this type of behavior?
Yea and I would hope the coaches aren't sitting around begging him to sign the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.