Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n172852 said:
Disagree. You know it's amateur hour when the Alligator Army starts calling you out. I think the media has done a good job of boxing the father in and getting him to stand down to avoid further embarrassment. He's already come out and said he's fine with whatever decison his son makes now. That should've ended it. Instead, there are just more delays. They're looking for reasons to not sign here, and more importantly how to do it without further character damage. Keep in mind that guys like Easley, Powell, Floyd etc. dealt with much more than just a position coach change, and were moving away from home to attend a school on the opposite side of the country, and we didn't see these types of antics, even after Edwards left.

You're obviously closer to this story than I am. If it turns out the kid's playing us, then by all means cut the cord. The pressure is on him. He's going to look like a royal jackass if he changes his pledge now.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
MJMGator;n173008 said:
I'm over it. At this point, I hope he's NOT on our roster for 2015. Go be the drama queen on someone else's team.

CeCe's not the one generating the drama. It's the old man. Families hate having their dirty laundry aired, especially when it comes to a dysfunctional parent. The young man is trying to save face for his family's sake, in particular his mom's. I've seen this before. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time they've had to do this sort of dance with this schmo. This father is a real piece of work. Give Cece a chance to work around this fool. It can't be easy. Until he comes or goes, this is my opinion on the whole thing.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's all on the old man. He's a gold digger..

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Alagator;n172908 said:
What Leo says publicly and what Leo says and does privately are two different things. 'Leo's gonna take care of Leo...'

I agree with this. And to your question about believing him, no I don't necessarily believe him. But I also think he's not smart and allowed himself to be painted into a corner with his Twitter nonsense. In 24 hours, the guy went from an unknown to a national villain that was holding his son's college decision hostage. The reporters boxed him in and he looked like an idiot that couldn't even get his storied straight. So now that excuse, even if only publicly, isn't valid because his dad has had to try to save face. The mom is on board even if he isn't. Everything he's asked for he's gotten. So why are we still discussing this?

I'll also say this. I don't have the greatest relationship with my father. But at no point in my life have I ever even considered calling him by his first name. So I don't see this guy being as influential as its being made to seem. It may be a factor, but I don't think its the sole one.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n172987 said:
even his public statements are a circus.

version 1. "We want CeCe going further from home for school."
version 2. "The staff didn't really treat us right."
version 3. "We're not sure about the coaching change and don't know Rumph."

All this within 24 hours. It is all complete BS of the lowest order. I can't imagine what this family has to go through on a daily basis with loony Leo. And the young man still turned the focus of this wackiness onto himself. Whether or not he ends up here, I don't think the drama has stemmed from CeCe and he actually took the fire for his so-called dad.

Yeah, Leo said they wanted CeCe to go further away from Baker county to get away from so-called distractions. Looks like we found out who the distraction really is...

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I was listening to Brady Ackerman's show Thursday and he said he knew CeCe personally and he was a good kid. He said all of this drama was being caused by his dad and outside influences but when everything is said and done CeCe would be a Gator. With Brady's connections to Baker co I believe he knows what he's talking about. Everything will play itself out and his Dad will look like what he is in the end.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Can't Mac just send a new LOI to the school and have mom go there and sign? Or does Leo have everyone locked in a cage?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Marianna said:
I was listening to Brady Ackerman's show Thursday and he said he knew CeCe personally and he was a good kid. He said all of this drama was being caused by his dad and outside influences but when everything is said and done CeCe would be a Gator. With Brady's connections to Baker co I believe he knows what he's talking about. Everything will play itself out and his Dad will look like what he is in the end.
Leo has said CeCe can go to UF if he wants. So what's the hold up. Why is CeCe saying "some time next week" now? Really? What day CeCe. Even if CeCe signs some day we'll be stuck with Leo hanging around the program causing trouble for 4 years. He'll be butthurt and on a mission to prove UF was the wrong place forhis son. We don't need that.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
He should at least explain why he is delaying. If it's getting to know the new coach then fine, but say it so everyone can stop speculating.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A tweet from CeCe and a response:

@cecejeferson7: 🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊🐊 #BeatUK

@NYGATOR1: @cecejeferson7 sign bro 🐊🐊🐊🐊

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Isn't Cece 6'2" and 250lbs??? Can't he just punch his dad in the effing mouth and make him his bitch?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard on the radio that if CeCe changes his pledge, there is a good chance that the NCAA will investigate. For whatever that's worth, too much smoke here if he flips.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If I was Mac, I'd call the kid and tell him the scholly offer is rescinded. This drama has gone on long enough. I'm willing to bet wherever the kid goes, he's going to be a prima-donna that requires a lot of extra effort on coaches behalf and wont be worth the results on the field. Let him go be someone elses headache. We are trying to rebuild something here and are in no position to be bending over backwards for drama queens and attention seekers. Just my 2 cents.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n173214 said:
I heard on the radio that if CeCe changes his pledge, there is a good chance that the NCAA will investigate. For whatever that's worth, too much smoke here if he flips.
No one in Trailerbama is afraid of the NCAA.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n173217 said:
If I was Mac, I'd call the kid and tell him the scholly offer is rescinded. This drama has gone on long enough. I'm willing to bet wherever the kid goes, he's going to be a prima-donna that requires a lot of extra effort on coaches behalf and wont be worth the results on the field. Let him go be someone elses headache. We are trying to rebuild something here and are in no position to be bending over backwards for drama queens and attention seekers. Just my 2 cents.

I hear ya. I said this the day after signing day.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I feel like CeCe is playing games as well. Pull the scholarship and move on, even if he does sign it feels like he's going to be a "me first" type locker room drama queen we just don't need.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
OcalaGator83;173229 said:
I feel like CeCe is playing games as well. Pull the scholarship and move on, even if he does sign it feels like he's going to be a "me first" type locker room drama queen we just don't need.
:facepalm:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n173223 said:
I hear ya. I said this the day after signing day.
I didnt pull out the chopping block right away. But enough is enough. Signing day was Wednesday, its Saturday and everyday brings a new excuse coupled with conflicting media interviews and "tweets". Whether it's his dad, him or a combination, doesn't really matter at this point. It simply means there's a good chance it'll be an ongoing headache. Wish the kid all the best, but we've had enough drama and garbage to deal with the past 5 or 6 seasons. We definitely don't need to allow more for someone who hasn't even done anything for the program. Kids need to feel honored to get an offer from a top school, not the other way around. The first step in resetting that dynamic starts by telling kids who want to play games to hit the bricks.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The newest report from IAKW has two new sources that basically say the same thing and that Leo is crazy. One says Leo burnt the letter and is watching for the new one. The other is that he's skipped town with it. Either way a new letter is needed and the mom will sign, but they have to get to it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator