CFB Coaching Changes: LSU loses OC, fires DC

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Didn’t they once have a coach named John L Smith that was a complete lunatic and actually slapped himself once in a halftime interview? The name resemblance would be too much for me to overcome.
John L Smith is one of the worst HC in college football history. He parlayed his record at Louisville to the Mich St. job where he showed what a complete moron he was. He was then interim coach for a few games at ARK years later and continued to show his buffoonery.

As for Cousin Eddie, as much of a moron as he is, the landscape of college football currently should work to his favor. Look at Lame Kitten. Hates to recruit but no arguing that he has an appealing offense to many players. So he can clearly be a big player in the transfer portal yearly for offensive players who want to play and may have been highly regarded in their past but looking for a new home. Cousin Eddie is even more lazy than Lame, but I would argue that Cousin Eddie does not have any football system that makes attracting players that easily. And since Cousin Eddie is not ever going to be considered for a HC position at a top football school, he is better off at a place where football is considered a hobby as the fans await the college hoops season. Hence why I say Mark Stoops has the best job in the SEC. Paid incredibly well where the other sport is what really matters.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Didn’t they once have a coach named John L Smith that was a complete lunatic and actually slapped himself once in a halftime interview? The name resemblance would be too much for me to overcome.
What are we, your googlez bitch???!?!??

(Magic 8 ball says “yes”)

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Correct
He was one of the financial victims of Jim Donnan the former dwag coach that screwed several of his peers in a ponzy scheme

ted

Aug 24, 2019
I guess this is the obvious reason he didn't care to cover the spread for my Pick Em pick this week!
So Ohio State wants to fire/push out Ryan Day? Yes he has lost three straight vs Michigan, but he is 56-7 , with 4 CFP appearances. Spurrier was 0-3-1 vs FSU in the early 90’s but even Gator fans understood that FSU was an elite football program. Who is going to be better than Day? Except for Nick and Kirby, there are no sure home run hires out there, ask USC, A&M, and Penn State. I really hope that they follow thru with their temper tantrum and lose Day just I can watch the aftermath of one of the most ridiculous decisions in recent college football history unfold. If this was 2024, OSU would be in the CFP, regardless of the outcome of the Michigan game. SMH

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
So Ohio State wants to fire/push out Ryan Day? Yes he has lost three straight vs Michigan, but he is 56-7 , with 4 CFP appearances. Spurrier was 0-3-1 vs FSU in the early 90’s but even Gator fans understood that FSU was an elite football program. Who is going to be better than Day? Except for Nick and Kirby, there are no sure home run hires out there, ask USC, A&M, and Penn State. I really hope that they follow thru with their temper tantrum and lose Day just I can watch the aftermath of one of the most ridiculous decisions in recent college football history unfold. If this was 2024, OSU would be in the CFP, regardless of the outcome of the Michigan game. SMH
Not sure what any of that has to do with my pick em joke. :confused:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Looks like TAMU will hire stoops from UK. Maybe we can beat them again if so.
ATM is a much better football job than UK. But being handsomely paid to try and win8-9 games at a place where football plays 2nd fiddle ain't a bad gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator