CFB Coaching Changes: LSU loses OC, fires DC

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I’m calling BS on the legitimacy of this alleged contract. No way they pay this guy $10.5m in incentives for winning the NC. That’s a $17.5m total payout when base salary is included.
Could it be that they aren't stackable? So, for example, if he wins the national championship he gets a $3.5 million bonus. However, if he advances to the national championship but loses, the bonus is only $2.5 million. So advancing and winning doesn't get both, it is just the greatest bonus based on the criteria. Just a thought.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Could it be that they aren't stackable? So, for example, if he wins the national championship he gets a $3.5 million bonus. However, if he advances to the national championship but loses, the bonus is only $2.5 million. So advancing and winning doesn't get both, it is just the greatest bonus based on the criteria. Just a thought.
That's how it works in other sports... we're talking NCAA football coach contract... obviously stackable!!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Break out the bikes and bimbos for round two!
I think this would be a good spot for Petrino sans the personal issues. Though more skill player talent at ATM, you know that Dumbo was in his ear all the time. If Pittman pulls this off, Petrino will have free reign.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Yes, non-cumulative non-stackable would have to be what it is, hence my comment there is no way he’s getting $10.5m in bonus $ if he wins the NC, which is how the picture reads.

Last edited:

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, non-cumulative non-stackable would have to be what it is, hence my comment there is no way he’s getting $10.5m if he wins the NC, which is how the picture reads.
I assumed you meant $10.5m in bonuses (if you add up the bonuses, they just happen to add to $10.5m). My fault for the misunderstanding.

Edit: Just went back and re-read your original post and you were saying $10.5m in incentives which would give the $17.5m total, but arguing that this can't be how the actual contract is written. Think I'm finally on the same page now and we agree that it would be non-stackable. :eek3:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I assumed you meant $10.5m in bonuses (if you add up the bonuses, they just happen to add to $10.5m). My fault for the misunderstanding. Obviously, $10.5m in bonuses on top of his base salary (giving him $17.5m for the year) would be even more unbelievable, so I thought this was what you were referring to.

You didn’t misunderstand, that’s what I was referring to. No way he’s getting $17.5m ($10.5m of it bonus $) for winning the NC. $3.5m total bonus is believable though.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah, there’s no way I’m investing my money in any all-you-can-eat restaurants in Starkville. This fat bastard is going to put a serious crimp in profit margins.
Now you know the real reason Bert was gone from Fayetteville.....nobody wins 8 games in a season there and gets fired from that sh!tty place...

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.