Championship Week Thread

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Young is awesome but I’d think a dominant inside guy would be the way to disrupt LSU’s offense. LSU has faced good edge rushers but only Auburn truly screwed with him due to pressure up the middle. Remember Auburn - Oregon when Auburn’s NT just took over the game and Oregon couldn’t do anything? I’m thinking a NT like that is the only thing that would stop LSU (not comparing their offenses - couldn’t be more different. Just think a dominant inside player is the only sure thing for disrupting ANY offense).

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Branches of service in order of hardcoreness are Marines, Army, Coast Guard, Navy, Air Force.

I put the Coast Guard ahead of the Navy because with their smuggling interventions and whatnot a USCG crewman typically sees more action than a USN sailor. Of course the Navy Seals would be the exception to that. Also the Air Force has some para-rescue and forward base security guys who are pretty badass. But generally speaking, ranking service members in order of having to fight one of them, I'm going AF, USN, USCG, USA, USMC.
Navy does all the same things just overseas. Look up Navy MSO if you want to learn more. I was just in Bahrain - home of the 5th Fleet - and they were doing interdiction operations every day in the SOH, AG, GOO, GOA, etc. Our coastie brothers were there too. Also playing with WBIEDs and other fun toys. I know 7th Fleet in Japan does a ton of it near the Philippines too.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Fromm got rolled up on but looks like he’s going to tough it out.

Brady is a wizard and matches perfectly with Burrow. There’s a wide open receiver on every play and Burrow seems to find them. UGA is lucky not to be down by 18 - LSU player was running free and had the ball bounce off his hands.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Burrow is unreal. On that dropped TD pass, he placed that ball as perfectly as possible into double coverage but neither coverage guy had a whiff of a chance. Only the WR. Would’ve been a tough play but I think in the NFL it gets made. Which is exactly why I think he’s going to be a monster in the NFL if he doesn’t get selected by a dumpster fire team. Unfortunately, he probably goes #1 and does end up on a crappy team.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Fromm tosses a terrible throw that only the DB could catch - and he does. I hate Grantham more today than ever. How can you make Fromm look so good?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
UGA goes pure man but doesn’t rush Burrow. Got torched. He’s just too good for UGA. And he’s made the pass rushers look silly a couple of times with escape acts for first downs when they had him dead to rights. How did OSU let him go?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Fromm tosses a terrible throw that only the DB could catch - and he does. I hate Grantham more today than ever. How can you make Fromm look so good?

It’s pretty simple. Smart has made the game in Jax EVERYTHING similar to the way Spurrier did. If you’ve seen his antics after the game you know it. There’s not some secret formula. He has just wanted it more than us and it’s shown. We probably shouldn’t have even been close either year because of the talent disparity, so that’s a bit of a credit to DM. He can absolutely out coach Ks. He just has to match the intensity. Until he does, well see the results we’ve seen.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia with only 21 yards on the ground.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It’s pretty simple. Smart has made the game in Jax EVERYTHING similar to the way Spurrier did. If you’ve seen his antics after the game you know it. There’s not some secret formula. He has just wanted it more than us and it’s shown. We probably shouldn’t have even been close either year because of the talent disparity, so that’s a bit of a credit to DM. He can absolutely out coach Ks. He just has to match the intensity. Until he does, well see the results we’ve seen.
He has that fire for FSU. Needs to get it for UGA.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Burrow is just showing what a great QB can do. No way Fromm can do that - or most QBs. That pay was phenomenal.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I know our biggest problem on O is the OL, but dang I wish we got Burrow. Although, I heard a rumor that he's really just another team's cast-off...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LSU is a juggernaut. They win their next two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.