Championship Week Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My non-Italian side. And honestly don’t remember the name of the place. Skied at both mountains, so not terribly far from there.
I did a malpractice defense trial there once LONG ago. Was very surprised at the jury pool. Local counsel knew.

I can't say that I've ever stayed in a worse hotel though.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Oklahoma finally starting to lean on its talent advantage. If we were in the market for a coach this year, Matt Rhule would be my 1-5th choice. What he’s doing at Baylor is extremely impressive and he has a history of doing it at other schools.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well Lamey's not doing anything to lower his stock with this game. 21-3 Owls barely a minute into the 2d qtr
Im just shocked by the optics.

They fired Freeze for calling prostitutes then hire Half Kiff.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Im just shocked by the optics.

They fired Freeze for calling prostitutes then hire Half Kiff.
They fired Freeze for LYING about it. Kiffy has never tried to argue what he is. Ole Miss is an ideal situation for him.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Baylor staying in this game with a lot of 9 routes. Per @ltraz, pure trash offense. Nobody does that. Rhule is junk - smoke and mirrors.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sorry to interrupt this thread about Championship Week with a post about a championship game but if you want a laugh, take a look at Lame Kiffin's FAU Owls in the C-USA Championship Game on CBSSN, if you have it. Then flip back to the Florida-Butler basketball game on FOX.

Which game has the larger crowd? lmao

That’s just because a December day in Boca > a December day in Indianapolis.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Big 12 Championship game is a truly great game. Really entertaining.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Big 12 Championship game is a truly great game. Really entertaining.

The ref explaining the OT rules sounds like he was just hired and is just bumbling through it. Even had a couple “ya know”s in there. Sounded like someone’s random grandfather asked to get off the couch and announce the rules.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The ref explaining the OT rules sounds like he was just hired and is just bumbling through it. Even had a couple “ya know”s in there. Sounded like someone’s random grandfather asked to get off the couch and announce the rules.
I like how he called the player “buddy”. That explanation was a disaster - a glorious, deeply southern fried disaster.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t forget this was the crew for the Miami game in week 0.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Was really hoping for someone other than Oklahoma in the playoffs yet again. Oh well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
B12 game was actually entertaining, and looked like both teams had respectable defenses (which is odd for the B12). Rhule has a bright future. Curious where he ends up next (NFL?).

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
B12 game was actually entertaining, and looked like both teams had respectable defenses (which is odd for the B12). Rhule has a bright future. Curious where he ends up next (NFL?).
If Jerry Jones was smart, he’d give a hard look before Riley. Riley has all the advantages in the world at OU. Rhule has taken a trainwreck at Baylor and put them on par with Oklahoma with significantly less funding and athletes. Very impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator