Chip Kelly fired....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
B.S. Penn st is a private school, we could out bid them in a second if we choose to. He could kill it at UF and u and swamp donkey know it. He's the only realistic homerun hire we could get. He's the best get out there that we can get.

So we're advocating for coaches who cover up sexual assault scandals??? Might as well hire Art Bryles... or better yet... see if we can get the governor to pardon Jerry Sandusky and give him the job.

No Thanks

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What makes you think this job will be open next year? I have a feeling Mac wins enough games to stay another year.

Screw that! I want Mac to start kicking ass and taking names... I want Mac to OWN the state of Florida... I want Mac to set the league on notice, so them bastads are scared as hell because they know the MIGHTY GATORS are coming for them...

What I DON'T want is...... for Mac to win just enough games to not get fired..... I don't want a perennial, win 9 games a year coach. That's Mark Richt all over again. Screw that.

This is THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA and we've been mediocre for long enough. I want Mac to do what he was hired to do. Fix the offense, bring in elite talent, lock down our state, compete for titles each and every year, and to give us our swag back. Do THAT or get outta the way so we can hire someone who will do THAT.

I refuse to believe that we are incapable of hiring a badazz coach, who is capable of not only making us relevant again, but also regular championship contenders

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So we're advocating for coaches who cover up sexual assault scandals??? Might as well hire Art Bryles... or better yet... see if we can get the governor to pardon Jerry Sandusky and give him the job.

No Thanks
Almost all of us would welcome Art Briles with open arms. It's desperate times.

As for Sandusky, I think you'd still have at least 50% support. :lol:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I know, right?!?!

How far we've fallen...

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

No Thanks

Man when it comes down to it most if not all the top guys like Saban, Meyer, Jimbo, Dabo I bet would or have looked the other way on stuff like that in the past, just never came to light. None of these guys are saints and will do whatever it takes to win. I'm not saying I don't want an upstanding guy with a lot of class to lead our football program, cause I do, but I'll definitely take a guy with a little dirt on him if he's gonna lead us to championships. I guarantee you that there is still some buried skeletons from when Meyer was our coach, but I bet you didn't mind those championships. I have a mother and father in law that are very Christian and Seminole fans, but they were still happy as hell when Winston led Fsu to that title in spite of all the stuff he did. My point is winning makes fans look the other way on a lot of things that they would normally be against.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Not me and no alumni that I am aware of. Remember when how we handled an issue generated a lot of whining because the judge had season tickets and used to go to school here? We don't need any more of that sort of exposure.

Unless this is satire that I did not detect.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not me and no alumni that I am aware of. Remember when how we handled an issue generated a lot of whining because the judge had season tickets and used to go to school here? We don't need any more of that sort of exposure.

Unless this is satire that I did not detect.
Let me simplify all this: every coach in America is a slimebag. And a cheater. And a liar. That includes Mac, who simply isn't any good at it. There's no doubt in my mind we're offering illegal benefits to recruits like everyone else. If you're looking for a choir boy as a coach, we can expect 5 to 7 win seasons indefinitely.

Saban is a slimy, cheating liar. And so is Meyer. And so is Dabo. Do their fans give a damn? Not at all. And neither would you Chief, if we had those guys. I doubt you were running around claiming Meyer should be fired during our title seasons because our program was sleazy.

I think the university is far more embarrassed by awful football than they are by having a coach with little or no moral scruples.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let me simplify all this: every coach in America is a slimebag. And a cheater. And a liar. That includes Mac, who simply isn't any good at it. There's no doubt in my mind we're offering illegal benefits to recruits like everyone else. If you're looking for a choir boy as a coach, we can expect 5 to 7 win seasons indefinitely.

Saban is a slimy, cheating liar. And so is Meyer. And so is Dabo. Do their fans give a damn? Not at all. And neither would you Chief, if we had those guys. I doubt you were running around claiming Meyer should be fired during our title seasons because our program was sleazy.

I think the university is far more embarrassed by awful football than they are by having a coach with little or no moral scruples.

I hear what you're saying.... BUT actively covering up or choosing to ignore multiple cases of gang rape and/or sexual assault may be just a smidge more serious than merely lacking in moral scruples.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I hear what you're saying.... BUT actively covering up or choosing to ignore multiple cases of gang rape and/or sexual assault may be just a smidge more serious than merely lacking in moral scruples.
Had the university found out about it without it getting out, they would have covered it up. Any school would have, including Florida. They only fired him due to public pressure.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any of you clowns that don't think Chip Kelly would come in here and light it up just don't know jack about football. First, he would have every stud offensive recruit, and most defensive ones too, in the Southeast lining up to beat down the door to play here. 2. His offenses at Oregon were PROLIFIC. 3. We would be relevant again and not an after thought on ESPN and other Sports Sources. 4.) We have one of the wealthiest Alumni bases in all of college sports, we could afford to pay any amount the right coach wanted.

To clarify, Art Briles and Baylor covered up Sexual Assault. Chip Kelly paid a "recruiting guru" and that was his trouble with the NCAA.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any of you clowns that don't think Chip Kelly would come in here and light it up just don't know jack about football. First, he would have every stud offensive recruit, and most defensive ones too, in the Southeast lining up to beat down the door to play here. 2. His offenses at Oregon were PROLIFIC. 3. We would be relevant again and not an after thought on ESPN and other Sports Sources. 4.) We have one of the wealthiest Alumni bases in all of college sports, we could afford to pay any amount the right coach wanted.

To clarify, Art Briles and Baylor covered up Sexual Assault. Chip Kelly paid a "recruiting guru" and that was his trouble with the NCAA.
FIFY - check the first sentence (you got off on the wrong foot, but your argument was clear).

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Good God did you plagiarize everything I said in post #145, just kidding. Good to see we're on the same page about this sort of thing, as I'm sure most fans would be. I'm sure Bama's illegal benefits are far superior than ours.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Looks like Chip is holding out for the UF gig...knew it!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would really be surprised if an NFL team hired Kelly as their head coach now or even as an OC. I think his time in the NFL is done and its just what program pulls the trigger near the end of this next season to hire him. If a team like USC or ND isn't in the mix for him I like our chances if Mac has 4 losses or more again. It may take 5 losses if the new AD is hard headed like Foley.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Make it happen Khan!

If I can't have him as head coach here at UF, I'll take him as OC of the Jags.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Make it happen Khan!

If I can't have him as head coach here at UF, I'll take him as OC of the Jags.

He could have a head coaching job in college if he wanted it. Instead, he's interviewing for the OC position here in Jax. How many times does Chip Kelly have to say, he isn't coming back to college? He hates recruiting and has stated so on numerous occasions. By the way, I so hope we hire him. He'll pour gas on the dumpster fire that is the jags.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He could have a head coaching job in college if he wanted it. Instead, he's interviewing for OC positions in the NFL. How many times does Chip Kelly have to say, he isn't coming back to college? He hates recruiting and has stated so on numerous occasions.

Didn't he just say recently that he's open to coming back to college? Maybe there aren't any college openings he is interested, but if UF comes open next year (or following year) maybe that could change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.