Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorbait1906

Nov 29, 2016
She's probably thankful you didn't say Greek.

The message that we're the University of Florida, a champion level program, not a second tier program that measures success by how many meaningless bowls they've attended. Tell whoever's interested we aren't going to a bottom tier bowl with a losing record, and we aren't like that girl school up north who reschedules a game they had no interest in a couple weeks ago just to try to squeak into a toilet bowl.

I am Chip Kelly and I approve this message.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The meltdown that will happen if Kelly is not named HC at this point will be epic.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A master chief is someone who continually lets people know he’s a master chief. I’m around one all the time and get sick of him telling how wonderful he is. Ignore them and they eventually go away. Most are really stuck on themselves.

I have known quite a few Master Chiefs in my day. To the best of my memory, every single one of them were pretty cool people when one on one behind closed doors. I'd play golf with any of them. Most of the officers I worked under, not so much. Talk about stuck on themselves. Now, before Captain Zamby jumps on me again, I'll admit it ain't all of them, but the majority of the officers I worked for were egotistical jerkoffs.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
A master chief is someone who continually lets people know he’s a master chief. I’m around one all the time and get sick of him telling how wonderful he is. Ignore them and they eventually go away. Most are really stuck on themselves.

Funny that the first two guys to like your post are Master Chiefs.

BTW, have I told you lately how awesome I am? It all started when I was on patrol in the Bering Sea facing 30-foot swells...

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
That guy is one of the biggest idiots on Twitter. He doesn’t know anything. In fact – the one thing that he takes credit for is breaking the suspension news. Which he got from our board.

UPDATE 3:10pm (Joey Vizzi): First, the main news: multiple sources have confirmed that Chip Kelly has accepted the job in principle. But there is a holdup.

Throughout the time in which Kelly has been unemployed, he’s kept a running list of assistant coaches he would want to bring along with him to his next head coaching job, wherever he would be. That way, when he accepted the job, he could then run through his list and assemble his staff within a day or two- which with the newly introduced early signing period this year becomes critical.

The University is now in the process of vetting each and every one of these assistants, much like they did with Kelly. I do not have names of the assistant coaches at this time, but logic indicates that at least some of them were at Oregon while the NCAA violations occurred, hence the need to vet them.

The deal is still not signed as of yet because Kelly wants to be assured that he can fill his entire staff with his hand picked guys. That indicates that no current assistants, with the possible yet unlikely exception of JaJuan Seider, will be retained.

But the bottom line is this: at this point, the only way Florida does not hire Chip Kelly is if the University receives negative results in its vetting process of his wish list of assistant coaches, will not allow Kelly to bring one or more of them on as an assistant, and if this disagreement happens in a fashion that pisses Kelly off so much that he decides he doesn’t want to coach under this administration.

Now he is reporting this update....pretty detailed at that. Is he really a fraud? This sounds believable to me, but I don't have any street cred myself.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have known quite a few Master Chiefs in my day. To the best of my memory, every single one of them were pretty cool people when one on one behind closed doors. I'd play golf with any of them. Most of the officers I worked under, not so much. Talk about stuck on themselves. Now, before Captain Zamby jumps on me again, I'll admit it ain't all of them, but the majority of the officers I worked for were egotistical jerkoffs.

I'm a mustang....but if you want to talk about Ring Knockers, I'm all in!!

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I have known quite a few Master Chiefs in my day. To the best of my memory, every single one of them were pretty cool people when one on one behind closed doors.
We could be cool because we weren't having to fight for promotions anymore. Now, lock yourself in a room with a few Even Number Chiefs and LOOK OUT!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hear we're vetting CK's list of possible assistants. Just something I heard....may or may not be reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.