Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Speaking of Chip Kelly, wasn't there a rumor about UF giving him a Thanksgiving deadline? Assuming that is the case I assume this will get a lot clearer by Friday.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
****, I'm going to need to pour another. I was hoping this was purgatory.
Well you know what they say, no rest for the wicked.

All this liquor whiskey talk made me have to join the party. I got a little Maker's 46. This is definitely the top shelf of my house. Never heard of most of the stuff you guys are pouring.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Anyone consider that Kelly and Frost are colluding on this. We can’t speak with Frost but Kelly can. The longer CK makes us wait to turn us down the more desperate we become. Thus they drive the price of Frost up. All the while CK knows he is going to Cali.

Just another possibility.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Speaking of Chip Kelly, wasn't there a rumor about UF giving him a Thanksgiving deadline? Assuming that is the case I assume this will get a lot clearer by Friday.
Seriously doubt it unless UCLA announces. If its us, then probably Sunday or Monday.

EADracing

Nov 13, 2017
As I look back I am sure our recent ineptitude is solely due to gonzo not keeping Dunlap from getting in that car... we jumped the shark that night.

We've been snake bit ever since
Would you mind refreshing my memory about this?

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I just came back from a Rittz concert and this thread grew by around 20 pages in just a few hours. I see it has evolved into a discussion about alcohol. I guess we are close to the depression stage?

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Would you mind refreshing my memory about this?
Dunlap (the Freak 2.0) got arrested immediately before then 2009 SEC championship game where we lost to Bama. He was suspended and didn't play. Maybe could have made a difference (a la Nick Fairly in the Auburn/Oregon NC game 2011).

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
I just came back from a Rittz concert and this thread grew by around 20 pages in just a few hours. I see it has evolved into a discussion about alcohol. I guess we are close to the depression stage?
No MF, what the hell do you expect me to do while I'm brining my turkey. And no, thats not a euphemism.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oy vey.

throwing-money-away.gif

Fooley paid 4.5 mil to Butters and 4.0 mil to Chimp to not coach for three years.

How much money did those under the radar no name budget hires actually save us?

EADracing

Nov 13, 2017
Dunlap (the Freak 2.0) got arrested immediately before then 2009 SEC championship game where we lost to Bama. He was suspended and didn't play. Maybe could have made a difference (a la Nick Fairly in the Auburn/Oregon NC game 2011).
Ahhh I totally forgot about that

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
My sources tell me that the deal was done until scuttled when police traced the death threats against McElwain back to a cell phone registered to a Kip Chelly.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
So I'm thinking Kelly isn't coming. But someone mentioned something about the Phil Knight Nike/UA thing.

So, if you're SS, do you throw a hail mary, call Knight, and see if he'll pitch in cash and influence to help us get Chip? Knight can't be relishing the idea of a coach he helped build building up UCLA into a powerhouse that will hurt his Ducks while promoting his competitor.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Anyone consider that Kelly and Frost are colluding on this. We can’t speak with Frost but Kelly can. The longer CK makes us wait to turn us down the more desperate we become. Thus they drive the price of Frost up. All the while CK knows he is going to Cali.

Just another possibility.
That would take some intricate collusion. The truth is usually more in line with the simple answers.

I'm not talking about you, personally, but the whole notion of Chip to UCLA seems ridiculous to me. For over a week, rumor after rumor surfaced regarding Chip to UF. We actually have documented PROOF that our entire university leadership took a personal flight to meet Chip. The AD returns home grinning from ear to ear. We hear the deal is virtually signed. Then, we hear what's a known fabrication, in that, Chip flew out to LA. And now everyone's convinced he's interested in UCLA. Man, you guys are emotional. Stop following the storylines and start studying the facts. You'd see that this is all an act to pretend that he's undecided. I know a lot of people have questioned why the AD would delay the announcement, but we have to look to history. Teams NEVER hire coaches before the end of the regular season. When has Kelly(an east coast guy) ever mention that he prefers the West Coast? Yet, it gets thrown around as fact on nearly a daily basis. When I keep hearing that as the main source of reasoning behind him picking UCLA, I know that someone's blowing major smoke up our a$$es.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.