Chris Petersen steps down at Washington

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like the individual threads on separate coaches. Considering how this place turns into a back and forth (like this post) about sub issues, looking for information about Peterson v. Morris v. Odom could get problematic. The individual threads makes it easier to dive into a specific situation.

This is different than a different thread for every FSU rumor - those should all be in the FSU thread, for example.

But, what do I know, I didn't think Shaq was leaving Orlando for LA, either.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My God dude, WTF is wrong with you? I decided to let individual coach firing threads play out. Not sure why that is such a big deal to you.

NO ONE on the entire internet keeps a tidier board than I do.
Whoa there, big fella. Did I hit a sensitive spot or did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or is it that time of month?

You have 1 thread for recruiting that’s over 500 pages and another thread that’s all FSU. I just thought 1 thread for coaches getting fired would make sense. Your board, though.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have an idea.
118f2be4443f70b56871405c5a2cef87.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve been laughing at this little subplot the past few days. I knew BMF was over the edge on the merge subject. Not sure if NV is right behind him or just trolling Ox.

:lol:
I love OCD. Id sneak into their offices and move shyt or glue it down just to torment them.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any idea why he stepped down? Doesn't he have a special needs kid or something? Surely UW didn't fire him for not winning enough games.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Any idea why he stepped down? Doesn't he have a special needs kid or something? Surely UW didn't fire him for not winning enough games.
Just said he needed to recharge.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Whoa....he'll be hired again VERY quickly.

55-26 (.678) at Washington, 34-20 (.630) in the Pac12, 2 conference championships in 6 years, first in year 3. Zero CFP appearances.

I like Petersen a lot. My reservation on him coming to UF was just the regional issue - a west coast guy coming to the SEC. No idea how bad Washington was before he got there.

Mullen has done significantly better in his first 2 years at UF in a tougher conference, 20-5 with one to go and 11-5 in conference vs. 15-12 and 8-10 in conference. Yet he also has farther to go.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
55-26 (.678) at Washington, 34-20 (.630) in the Pac12, 2 conference championships in 6 years, first in year 3. Zero CFP appearances.

I like Petersen a lot. My reservation on him coming to UF was just the regional issue - a west coast guy coming to the SEC. No idea how bad Washington was before he got there.

Mullen has done significantly better in his first 2 years at UF in a tougher conference, 20-5 with one to go and 11-5 in conference vs. 15-12 and 8-10 in conference. Yet he also has farther to go.
Peterson is a significantly better coach than Mullen. Significantly.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

Possibly. It is an interesting situation he got put in. You are at a school with mediocre recruiting grounds, you’re in state rival has a coach who I believe would be very dangerous if at a school that could attract top tier talent, like a Florida, in Leach. You are going against Oregon and Nike money. You are going against a strong team in Stanford (this year aside).

Washington these days is like a Mizzou in their own division. Better situated than some and worse off than others. But can be dangerous with the right coach. I think Peterson has them in the dangerous range most of the time. Give him a Florida/UGA/Texas situation and I think he’d be competing for Natty’s imo.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Correction...He took the Huskies to the 2016 CFP following a 12-1 record, one of the all time best at Washington in history.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Possibly. It is an interesting situation he got put in. You are at a school with mediocre recruiting grounds, you’re in state rival has a coach who I believe would be very dangerous if at a school that could attract top tier talent, like a Florida, in Leach. You are going against Oregon and Nike money. You are going against a strong team in Stanford (this year aside).

Washington these days is like a Mizzou in their own division. Better situated than some and worse off than others. But can be dangerous with the right coach. I think Peterson has them in the dangerous range most of the time. Give him a Florida/UGA/Texas situation and I think he’d be competing for Natty’s imo.
Completely disagree. Washington I’m located in Microsoft’s backyard. The Gates Foundation is their largest donor. Now, that’s not solely going to athletics, like Nike, it’s still extremely competitive. I’d hardly say they are the Mizzu of their conference. They lost a lot of talent to draft last year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Peterson was the coach I hoped would replace Meyer when he stepped down. I doubt Foley ever gave him half a thought.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Peterson is a second tier coach...like about 2 dozen others...including ours.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Why? He did great at a lower level school and did reasonably well at Washington, but not as well as Mullen has so far at UF. Put Petersen at MSU and what would be better/different from Mullen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator