Christmas Carols/Songs

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wife is a big fan of Amy Grant's Christmas songs.

5560c8b0c096de7.gif

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Great offering so far.

One of my favs -

This is what I expected from you guys.....

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I've always liked this one:

""I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is a Christmas carol based on the 1863 poem "Christmas Bells" by American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. The song tells of the narrator hearing Christmas bells during the American Civil War, but despairing that "hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, good will to men". After much anguish and despondency the carol concludes with the bells ringing out with resolution that "God is not dead, nor doth He sleep" and that there will ultimately be "...peace on earth, good will to men".

This is my favorite of theirs.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On the serious side, I've always loved "Carol of the Bells." It was ripped off by an American composer when the Ukrainian National Choir sang it at Carnegie Hall 100 years ago. Here is the original, Shchedryk, sung in original Ukrainian, by Lithuanians, in a big FU to Russia.

Incredible

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Clarence Carter is awesome... they used to play Strokin at DJ Chapps in Gainesville all the time.

Spent many evenings and many dollars inside that place.

I remember dancing with the future Mrs Travis Tritt but couldn't close the deal. She was smokin.

They had a pretty good live band in their once. Can't remember their name.....

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On the serious side, I've always loved "Carol of the Bells." It was ripped off by an American composer when the Ukrainian National Choir sang it at Carnegie Hall 100 years ago. Here is the original, Shchedryk, sung in original Ukrainian, by Lithuanians, in a big FU to Russia.

Full disclosure, I was in a singing group back in the early 90’s and toured N. Ireland, Ireland, Austria, Chech Republic, France, Switzerland, France and Spain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.