College Football Playoff Rankings

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
WobbleGator;n307242 said:
But you will piss off people, because their team was left out so that a crap conference team could take their place instead.

Not really simply because each year by the November stretch, it becomes pretty clear in the sec who is in and who is not. The other pretending teams typically get weeded out in November also. Which generally leaves about 8 teams across the board that you can make a descent argument being in the 8 teams.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, remember the playoff post-games' TV evaluation. The committee doesn't want egg on their faces from a horrid
mismatch between Bama and ND … not result of playoff system but the obviousness that other top teams would have
played Bama better.

No reason for a 2-loss team to appear in the playoffs, 'cause nobody's gonna see a lopsided playoff score and leap to the
conclusion that a 2-loss team would have been better.

Again, considering the TV-showcase events, Treon has made our Gators' offense a terrible showcase and the selection
committee sees that. Thus they "hope & want" UF to miss the playoffs ! In contrast, had Grier not disqualified himself,
all would see his "pro" improvement and Gators would offer a showcase Offense to go with Gator showcase Defense.

Still, all is great that this Mac coached team will accomplish this season. And still, there's a glimmer of hope Treon will
"gel" soon.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
WobbleGator;n307212 said:
I'm not. I don't believe it should be expanded at all. You guys are the ones pushing for that.
It's going to be expanded. It's going to be 8 teams. It's going to be 5 conf champs plus 3 at large. The only 2 loss teams teams that might get in will be conf champions. It's really not complicated.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n307224 said:
I said if it was to expand, I would be for it to expand up 6 and no more. I have already said a few times that I am for it staying at 4 teams. Sad that you can't get that.

I'm not the one changing my positions on the topic. You need to deal with your indecisiveness.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
NavetG8r;n307227 said:
As stated earlier in this thread, or perhaps another thread, I'm getting old and I'm lazy so I'm not going to go back and read through all the posts, this is most likely based on how inconsistent Treon has been in the past 2 games. If we keep winning, and Treon starts hitting some of those passes he's been throwing in the dirt, then we may get looked at more seriously. But Treon is going to be the key to us moving up or down in the ranks. If he shows improvement with his accuracy on a more consistent basis, then we'll pass the eye test a lot better than we have the past 2 games.
Bama is 4 for one obvious reason. What do the 4 top spots represent? That's right, the playoff teams as it currently stands. What does that make LSU @ Bama? That's right, a playoff game. It make absolutely no difference if Bama is 1 or 7 right now, but it gives us our first de facto playoff game to celebrate the first Saturday of the first poll.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n307291 said:
I'm not the one changing my positions on the topic. You need to deal with your indecisiveness.

You need to learn how to read.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n307289 said:
It's going to be expanded. It's going to be 8 teams. It's going to be 5 conf champs plus 3 at large. The only 2 loss teams teams that might get in will be conf champions. It's really not complicated.

So a three loss conference champ should be allowed to win the national championship?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n307299 said:
You need to learn how to read.

Listen, I get it. You change your opinion more than Hillary Clinton does. It's cool. we won't judge.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n307300 said:
Originally posted by lagator View Post

So a three loss conference champ should be allowed to win the national championship?

And you said I need to learn how to read? :lmao:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n307306 said:
Listen, I get it. You change your opinion more than Hillary Clinton does. It's cool. we won't judge.

Thank you for being a prime example of how illiteracy can make you look like an idiot. :clap:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n307309 said:
And you said I need to learn how to read? :lmao:

Stop being a dumbass. lagator said that the 5 conference champs would be put into the 8 team playoff. If that is true, then it is possible for a conference champ with more than 2 losses to make the playoffs.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n307311 said:
Thank you for being a prime example of how illiteracy can make you look like an idiot. :clap:

How long have you been posting as Alvin?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n307319 said:
Stop being a dumbass. lagator said that the 5 conference champs would be put into the 8 team playoff. If that is true, then it is possible for a conference champ with more than 2 losses to make the playoffs.

Wobbs has a point here, fsu won the acc with 4 losses once, LSU won the sec and natty title with 2 losses including a home loss to an unranked arky team the last game of the season. If conf champs are automatic ins, be prepared for some garbage teams occasionally. Just the way it is.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n307319 said:

except for the fact that he never said that. I'm starting to think that Cowboy is an alias of yours.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n307327 said:
Wobbs has a point here, fsu won the acc with 4 losses once, LSU won the sec and natty title with 2 losses including a home loss to an unranked arky team the last game of the season. If conf champs are automatic ins, be prepared for some garbage teams occasionally. Just the way it is.
The AFC South representative will be lucky to have a 500 record this year but will still play in the playoffs, and if they win the SB they will be the world champs. You have to get over worrying about getting the 8 teams you are sure are the 8 best. With 8 you can bet the top 4 will be in there anyway.

Lots of people thought the playoff would ruin CFB. It's by far more popular than it's ever been, and the regular season games are more interesting and meaningful than ever. It will only be better when it goes to 8, but we're locked into 4 for a long contract unless they break it early out of greed.

One more thing. With 8 teams it will make OOC scheduling even more interesting because you will know that: 1. A single loss to a tough OOC opponent won't crash your season, and 2. if you want to have a good shot at the 3 at large bids in case you don't win your conf you better not have played Sisters of the poor 3 times or you'll be out compared to other 1 loss Conf runner up's.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n307333 said:
except for the fact that he never said that. I'm starting to think that Cowboy is an alias of yours.

So he didn't say "5 conf champs plus 3 at large"? :wtf:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
WobbleGator;n307300 said:
Yup, except they would have to actually win it. It's not like it would be given to them. Win 3 in a row against the top 8 and you earned it and you'd be champ. It would also suggest your conf was over-powered if you struggled in conference then mowed through the best of all the others.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n307340 said:
Yup, except they would have to actually win it. It's not like it would be given to them. Win 3 in a row against the top 8 and you earned it and you'd be champ. It would also suggest your conf was over-powered if you struggled in conference then mowed through the best of all the others.

If you lose more than once, you are not the best team in the nation and shouldn't be allowed to play for the championship.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
WobbleGator;n307341 said:
If you lose more than once, you are not the best team in the nation and shouldn't be allowed to play for the championship.
Are you living on a diet of government cheese to supplement your EBT card? You're obsessed with entitlement. No one is allowing sh*t, win your Conf and you're in the playoffs. The idea of at large bids (also known as wildcards) is precisely intended to let worthy non-conference champions have a shot in case some of the conf champs are less than stellar that year. It's really not a controversial or foreign concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator