Colorado and Deion Sanders: Recruiting class going down the pooper

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Colorado hype is nauseating. The networks are covering it like crazy because it has gotten them ratings that nobody expected from people that don’t normally follow the sport. It went from people initially watching out of sheer curiosity to something much larger once the tv networks put their thumb on the scale and starting promoting Coach Slime (and to a much lesser extent the actual football team) like they were a local Boulder tv affiliate. Ratings grew even further because people (myself included) started to hate watch the Buffaloes in the hopes of seeing them get destroyed.

It is sort of similar to what happened when, ironically, Tebow started that one year for the Broncos. It was all Tebow, all the time on the pre-game shows and weekly radios. Former ESPN employees came out after the fact saying that the execs told their producers that there couldn’t be enough Tebow talk because it was good for ratings.

I have no doubt that the network suits are promoting Colorado for ratings. Their personalities and announcers, though, seem personally invested in Coach Slime’s success and image. Very quick to rush to his defense in response to any criticism. They almost take it personally. Whatever the case, it has become a big recruiting boon for the school that isn’t deserved.

A lot of similarities between the two situations especially the role that ESPN plays in the obsessive hype of Tebow and Coach Sanders (I struggle with calling a grown man a silly nickname) to include the backlash if you hit the wall and object to the nonstop slobbering.

If you didn’t like Tebow, other fans called you an atheist. If you don’t like Coach Sanders you are called a racist.

The difference is that the media is attacking the naysayers now versus other fans.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Yes, Boulder may lean slightly to the left, but the rest of the state is quite balanced.
Loop Trump GIF

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
The worst part about all of this is that I’ve always liked Colorado. They’re zero threat or rival to us, it’s an incredible stadium and campus and Ralphie is by far the coolest live mascot. Hate wanting to see them get pummeled.

Agreed.

Now I find myself wanting to see Ralphie turned into bison burgers at midfield on homecoming.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Unless he absolutely kills it in the portal he isn't getting good anytime soon. According to Rivals he has the 72nd ranked recruiting class coming in.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Slime will be gone from there by 2028 when they visit Florida Field.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Deion will be competing with half a$$ u to become the top transfer portal team in America.

Right now, they are ranked 75th in high school recruiting.

Considering footprint, budget, and prestige....portal and Deion's name is the only way they will get players.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Deion is never gonna look at that AFLAC duck the same way again. He's been demoted to the role of the old guy who's creeped out by the screaming duck in all of the older ads.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's a perfect example of how Deion is nothing but window dressing pretending to be a coach. He doesn't know the players, he doesn't know the offense, he doesn't know the defense. During that Oregon game, he didn't even have the microphone at his lips, he wasn't speaking to anyone else on the staff. He just stood there for 3 hours.

He basically thinks he can just hire coordinators to do everything and his mere presence will lift teams to a higher level. He's not long for this profession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator