Colossal bust Teez Tabor waived; 2019 3rd round pick Jachai Polite also axed

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the colts have recently put an emphasis on OL and a quicker pass game to protect the QB. think they had the least sacks given up last year. Might be more to do with luck though.

They have invested in OL since the new GM took over, you could make an argument they have the best OL in the NFL. The problem is they waited too late to fix that issue for Luck.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I dont have faith he will turn it around, but Pete Carroll might be the coach for jachai. Clowney Ansah and Polite in passing situations could be nasty.

I hear Mullin wanted him one more year at UF....Just because he thought he was NOT ready. (Maturrity...lack there of)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt Polite ever becomes an NFL starter. He just doesn't have the speed you usually need at his size. He did blow more bonus money by acting the fool with teams however.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Polite was cut from the Seahawks practice squad. He must have done something to piss them off, too. Looks like it's the end of the line.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I hope for his sake he can get his act together, grow up a bit and find a place somewhere.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I hope for his sake he can get his act together, grow up a bit and find a place somewhere.
If you're getting cut from practice squads it's a bad sign. His "place" might be the fast food industry.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If you're getting cut from practice squads it's a bad sign. His "place" might be the fast food industry.

tenor.gif

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

I think his problem is that he thinks he's better than he is. The kid has enough talent to be useful to anyone as a scout team project and make way more money than he would make in other line of work. He seems to have an attitude problem - or at least that is the perception. I hope he manages to figure it out, otherwise you're probably not far from wrong.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think his problem is that he thinks he's better than he is. The kid has enough talent to be useful to anyone as a scout team project and make way more money than he would make in other line of work. He seems to have an attitude problem - or at least that is the perception. I hope he manages to figure it out, otherwise you're probably not far from wrong.
There's absolutely no question he has enough talent to make a roster, or at least the friggin' practice squad, so to me it's obvious this is an attitude issue. It's a real shame, this is something you look back on when you're older and regret.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You don’t get fined over 100k in a few months for sucking. You get fined like that for not showing up for work. Consider Antonio Brown’s antics. Polite more than doubled him in fines. That is how you get run out of the league as quick as Polite has.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's absolutely no question he has enough talent to make a roster, or at least the friggin' practice squad, so to me it's obvious this is an attitude issue. It's a real shame, this is something you look back on when you're older and regret.

A 3rd rounder or whatever he was he must have had major issues to get cut right away as that is almost unheard of because of the million dollar bonus money but the practice squad cut might be that team just doesn't see him working his way to the playing roster with his size/speed unless he was just having an attitude with them. He will probably blow that bonus money in a few years if he has a bad attitude like that.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Talent isn't the issue, dude was rated as a 1st rounder on talent. Once he started meeting with teams at the combine his stock plummeted. When the first post college season draft projects were out, he was rated in the top 10-20 picks. After the combine low second round. And it only got worse.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If he ever wants to play in the NFL he needs to get back to Gainesville (or somewhere w/ a trainer), get his fat ass in shape, get coached up on how to properly speak to NFL coaches, and see if he can go to UF's Pro Day next year. Otherwise, he's done. I imagine he's going to go through some depression...and blow through every dime of that signing bonus over the next few months.

BTW, what is CeCe and Ivey doing? Are they back in Gainesville? I don't think either ended up on a practice squad. CeCe tweeted yesterday about looking forward to the Auburn game in Gainesville.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Soon to be followed by... Rams cut Polite from practice squad.
Yeah, exactly.

Remember that players on practice squads are completely unprotected, meaning any team at any time can swoop in and sign a player off of another practice squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.