COMING SPRING 2021: Spurrier’s Gridiron Grille

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Open container was approved for the site a couple years ago. It’s a done deal.

Everything You Need to Know About Celebration Pointe’s Open Container Policy
Okay. Bad assumption on my part. When you said tailgating with open containers, I was picturing what typically happens at tailgates, which is people eating and drinking their own food and beverages. I doubted that the management would allow that, and said so.

Turns out that thanks to special dispensation from the Governor, they are allowing people to walk around the premises with open containers. However, per your link...

You can pick up your drink of choice from any of the following businesses:

• Regal Celebration Pointe 10 & RPX
  • MidiCi – The Neapolitan Pizza Company
  • Decadent- A Dessert & Coffee Bar
  • Hotel Indigo
  • The Keys (Coming Soon)
All alcoholic beverages for those opting for the open container experience will be served in a clear plastic cup. Only drinks purchased from one of the above listed Celebration Pointe establishments are permitted on the premises.

To keep everyone safe and happy, there are special areas designated at Celebration Pointe for the Open Container policy. Patrons can walk from the Celebration Pointe City Walk, The Promenade, and Tech Park with their beverages of choice. It’s also worth noting that drinks are not permitted inside retail stores. Sorry, no tipsy shopping sprees! You’ll thank us later.

...and it doesn't say anything about food. Even if you are allowed to eat as well as drink while you're walking around the designated areas, it's likely to be the same policy as the drinks, i.e. only food bought on-premises.

Now I like walking around with a drink in my hand as much as the next degenerate, believe me, but IMO it takes more than that to qualify as a tailgating scene.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okay. Bad assumption on my part. When you said tailgating with open containers, I was picturing what typically happens at tailgates, which is people eating and drinking their own food and beverages. I doubted that the management would allow that, and said so.

Turns out that thanks to special dispensation from the Governor, they are allowing people to walk around the premises with open containers. However, per your link...

You can pick up your drink of choice from any of the following businesses:

• Regal Celebration Pointe 10 & RPX
  • MidiCi – The Neapolitan Pizza Company
  • Decadent- A Dessert & Coffee Bar
  • Hotel Indigo
  • The Keys (Coming Soon)
All alcoholic beverages for those opting for the open container experience will be served in a clear plastic cup. Only drinks purchased from one of the above listed Celebration Pointe establishments are permitted on the premises.

To keep everyone safe and happy, there are special areas designated at Celebration Pointe for the Open Container policy. Patrons can walk from the Celebration Pointe City Walk, The Promenade, and Tech Park with their beverages of choice. It’s also worth noting that drinks are not permitted inside retail stores. Sorry, no tipsy shopping sprees! You’ll thank us later.

...and it doesn't say anything about food. Even if you are allowed to eat as well as drink while you're walking around the designated areas, it's likely to be the same policy as the drinks, i.e. only food bought on-premises.

Now I like walking around with a drink in my hand as much as the next degenerate, believe me, but IMO it takes more than that to qualify as a tailgating scene.

And that list will expand. FTR, the developers told me directly, that you'd have to drink from a CP cup. They told me to pack a flask, fill the cup.

And to be fair, I just assumed everyone knew what Celebration Pointe was like (my fault). If you've been there, they aren't going to just let people plop down coolers, but it's an alternative to hassling with campus parking and planning, etc. CP developers also own one of the adjacent hotels and they have shuttle service to CP. So imagine coming up for a game and staying in that or another close hotel, shuttling to CP to pregame, take a straight shot bus to BHG, pregame at midtown, watch the game, straight shot back to the hotel. Wake up Sunday, grab breakfast and head home. A lot of entertainment, with little prep or planning.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
And that list will expand. FTR, the developers told me directly, that you'd have to drink from a CP cup. They told me to pack a flask, fill the cup.

And to be fair, I just assumed everyone knew what Celebration Pointe was like (my fault). If you've been there, they aren't going to just let people plop down coolers, but it's an alternative to hassling with campus parking and planning, etc. CP developers also own one of the adjacent hotels and they have shuttle service to CP. So imagine coming up for a game and staying in that or another close hotel, shuttling to CP to pregame, take a straight shot bus to BHG, pregame at midtown, watch the game, straight shot back to the hotel. Wake up Sunday, grab breakfast and head home. A lot of entertainment, with little prep or planning.
Yeah once you get your first "official cup," it will be all but impossible for them to keep you from discretely refilling it yourself, so that's cool. Don't get me wrong, I think the place sounds great, I like the concept. My skepticism is about SOS's place, because I think it's too damn big and maybe too pricey. And yes, I did picture people plopping down with coolers when you said they'd allow tailgating lol

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Celebration Pointe is a nightmare traffic wise. It is so poorly designed you are trapped once you get in there, but perhaps that was the plan. But having lived there recently, and knowing that town, it won;t take long for the homeless hobos to overtake the area just like they have everywhere else.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
AND Celebration Pointe is 3 miles from Haile Plantation which is home to many of the Gainesville residents that can afford finer dining spots. The Prime and Pearl restaurant opened a few months ago a block away from Spurrier’s place and is doing very well.
That restaurant name in your post caught my eye -- Prime & Pearl. So, steak and oysters? I looked it up and yep, that's their specialty. Nice! Definitely will check that one out next time.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Man, Gordon is hell bent on Spurrier's new place to fail. I bet he's a ton of fun at a party!!

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I just heard about the place by watching a jb8sypaint instagram video. LMAO at him talking about the collectible menus he designed.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I just heard about the place by watching a jb8sypaint instagram video. LMAO at him talking about the collectible menus he designed.
Want to see something weird? C'mon, who doesn't!

Awhile back I was doing a search to see if Batesy might have a YouTube channel. I don't believe he does, but while looking I stumbled onto this video by a UK artist with the same name, James Bates. Evidently he creates paintings by getting chicks to cover their naked bodies with paint and roll around on a canvas while he supervises. It's a little NSFW but it's on YouTube so there's nothing too graphic.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Thats not weird, its 'eccentric'.

His youtube channel is b8sy Productions. Not much there but it is hilarious stuff, head ball coach stories, Luther Ogle,

I found the instagram video

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Want to see something weird? C'mon, who doesn't!

Awhile back I was doing a search to see if Batesy might have a YouTube channel. I don't believe he does, but while looking I stumbled onto this video by a UK artist with the same name, James Bates. Evidently he creates paintings by getting chicks to cover their naked bodies with paint and roll around on a canvas while he supervises. It's a little NSFW but it's on YouTube so there's nothing too graphic.

His critics would accuse him of painting with a broad brush.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, Gordon is hell bent on Spurrier's new place to fail. I bet he's a ton of fun at a party!!
10 to 1 he doesn't get invited to parties, just shows up, acts like a complete twatwaffle and causes other people to leave because of the way he acts......just like his history on GC

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
10 to 1 he doesn't get invited to parties, just shows up, acts like a complete twatwaffle and causes other people to leave because of the way he acts......just like his history on GC
Fairly accurate. It's deliberate, too. I didn't like those people who left. I only let you stay for the occasional insight about Gainesville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.