Cooter, Help! Zambo gets Betty too hot

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ece1d0a0bc2232be414c71edd7adcb8d.jpg

Painting the gloryhole boards woot woot! Going for the retro look we wore against Auburn. Out flying now but when I get back it’s time for the orange stripes and a white circle F.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That pergola looks great @bradgator2 I've seen all your pictures, including your pocket door and chicken coop but for some reason this one page doesn't show the images. No idea why.

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 1.35.27 PM.png

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well I found something I have no business ever trying to do again. Frick and Frack came last Sunday and when got home I went into the upstairs hall bath and as usual they have the miniblind jacked up tight to the head of the blinds. I can only imagine the sound it makes when they jerk the frigging thing. Not sure if they're blind or if that's their No Time for Sargeants inspection move to show they cleaned the glass in the window but they always pull the fukin thing so tight you almost can't get it to release.

Well this time they stripped the lifting cord that runs through the blades of the blinds. It's a cheap vinyl blind so I stopped by HD yesterday and picked up another, this time a cordless lifting model that has a selfwinding feature which won't allow them to snatch this one like they seem to enjoy doing. Well of course you have to buy the next size up and then cut both ends of the blinds to fit and put up new hanging brackets that mount in a different position so the old holes have to be patched and painted, and the frigging blind is way long so like a dumb schit I pop the buttons out of the bottom rail and set the blind at the proper length and cut the cable. ZING, the automatic wind sucks the braided line up both sides and I can hear it snap.

I spent the next 2 hours trying to get the line to release from both spools and feed them down through each hole in both ends of the blinds. When I finally finished threading this line and hold it up I realize I have missed the first 2 louvers in the stack. Repeat everthing above for one side. When finished I held it up to make sure it was correct this time. Suddenly one of the binder clips I have on one side to keep the line from releasing pops off and the lines snaps back into the spool.

I grab the blinds, walk to the patio door and fling the whole freaking piece of schit out on the patio and of course it flies out in about 50 pieces that I have to pick up. I wound up making another trip this afternoon to get another blind which I hung after trimming the width but the length will remain as is.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coot I wish I could give more than one like because not only did I laugh at the story but also for the No Time For Sergeants reference!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Brutal. Sorry coot, but it’s relieving to know that even the master can still be pantsed. :lol:

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Well, several neighbors have them. So I picked their brains to learn all their mistakes and regrets. That coop should solve most, if not all, of their problems.

Specifically regard the mess, that’s why I built my coop mobile. Well, as soon as the wheelbarrow wheels go on. Every few days, simply lift the handles and move a few feet to a fresh patch of grass. I have several acres of grass this can moved around in.

Raccoons, foxes, hawks, squirrels are some of the others issues this should solve. I’ve already had two neighbors stop by as they were walking the neighborhood last night and asked me to build them one :lol:
If you set it on grass how do you stop critters from digging under the boards on the bottom?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I grab the blinds, walk to the patio door and fling the whole freaking piece of schit out on the patio and of course it flies out in about 50 pieces that I have to pick up.
I laughed out loud and then read this to my wife. Her comment was, "Sounds like something you would do!" :lol:

On a similar note, a couple of weeks ago I was replacing some rotted, leaking hoses under the hood of my little Audi. Of course, these hoses were in an impossible location and it took forever to get my bleeding hands and busted knuckles in there to do it. When I was finally done, bruised, beaten and drenched with sweat, I was satisfied and was putting everything back together when I managed to snap another brittle part, one I knew would take at least a week to get ordering online.....and I wouldn't be able to drive the car until I got it.

Enraged, I kicked a plastic trash can nearby just as hard as it could, making it explode into shards all over the place. Still unsatisfied, I picked up the shattered remains and flung them out into the driveway.

Someone once said that the problem with inanimate objects is that there's no real way to get back at them.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you set it on grass how do you stop critters from digging under the boards on the bottom?

I installed hog wire fence on the bottom. That fence has 4x4 squares. Should still let the birds play in the sand yet prevent any digging critter from slipping underneath.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I installed hog wire fence on the bottom. That fence has 4x4 squares. Should still let the birds play in the sand yet prevent any digging critter from slipping underneath.

I did’t see that in the picture. Great idea. Chickens are nice to have. The eggs are great and the flavor changes based on their diet.

Chickens love fried chicken.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I did’t see that in the picture. Great idea. Chickens are nice to have. The eggs are great and the flavor changes based on their diet.

Chickens love fried chicken.

It wasnt in the pic. Just got the coop done today with perching rods and a ramp up there. The kids are painting it basically camo. The wheels are kicking my ass, but I have plan C. They have been putting them in there during the day. I’ve been told they will eat everything.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well I found something I have no business ever trying to do again. Frick and Frack came last Sunday and when got home I went into the upstairs hall bath and as usual they have the miniblind jacked up tight to the head of the blinds. I can only imagine the sound it makes when they jerk the frigging thing. Not sure if they're blind or if that's their No Time for Sargeants inspection move to show they cleaned the glass in the window but they always pull the fukin thing so tight you almost can't get it to release.

Well this time they stripped the lifting cord that runs through the blades of the blinds. It's a cheap vinyl blind so I stopped by HD yesterday and picked up another, this time a cordless lifting model that has a selfwinding feature which won't allow them to snatch this one like they seem to enjoy doing. Well of course you have to buy the next size up and then cut both ends of the blinds to fit and put up new hanging brackets that mount in a different position so the old holes have to be patched and painted, and the frigging blind is way long so like a dumb schit I pop the buttons out of the bottom rail and set the blind at the proper length and cut the cable. ZING, the automatic wind sucks the braided line up both sides and I can hear it snap.

I spent the next 2 hours trying to get the line to release from both spools and feed them down through each hole in both ends of the blinds. When I finally finished threading this line and hold it up I realize I have missed the first 2 louvers in the stack. Repeat everthing above for one side. When finished I held it up to make sure it was correct this time. Suddenly one of the binder clips I have on one side to keep the line from releasing pops off and the lines snaps back into the spool.

I grab the blinds, walk to the patio door and fling the whole freaking piece of schit out on the patio and of course it flies out in about 50 pieces that I have to pick up. I wound up making another trip this afternoon to get another blind which I hung after trimming the width but the length will remain as is.
When I was in Florida back in March, my mother had a list of to-dos for me. One of which was hanging new blinds and shades. I fu(king gate blinds/shades/drapes/rods. Anyway, long story short, she bought those exact cordless blinds from HD. It took me 4 minutes per blind to hand, and she doesn’t even have a drill. Sorry to hear they got the best of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.