Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

My ears were ringing for a hours.

Those mfers had a few spies on campus that were playing that bullshyt bullshyt Clown song I guess on speakers out their windows or something like all night Thurs and Fri. It made stabbing them in the heart that much more delicious.Clown song bbing them in the heart that much more delicious.

Last edited:

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
I lived next to Fred's grandmother in West Palm from 2000-2002. One of the best neighbors I've ever had. Fred bought her the house and when he would come visit she would invite my wife and I over. Fred was great, always humble and gracious, a class act and one of my favorite Gators. If he has anything coming I hope he gets it.
Side note: Ms. Rosetta (grandmother) used to babysit Kelvin from time to time. I pulled in my driveway one day and Kelvin threw a rock at my truck but missed. What happened next was one of the worst beat downs I've ever witnessed as that lady (she was in her 70s) sprinted over and beat Kelvin with her cane. I separated them using great care not to get my 6'6", 275 lb ass kicked in the process. One of my favorite memories...

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Of course there are two sides to every controversy, but if what Fred says is true --and based on his character, I suspect it is -- HELL YES, sue for every cent you can get. Such action by physicians and team medical staff is disgraceful (again, if proven to be true).

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At about 2:30 in th NFL video he shows, in less than 2 seconds, everything you can ask for in a running back. He dodges one tackle, instantly gets his balance, changes hands, and takes on a second would-be tackler with power. Those two seconds are astounding.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I love Emmitt. He is a HOFer. But he wasn't the threat Taylor was. Taylor behind that Dallas o-line? He'd have eclipsed 2k multiple years. There are multiple backs in the HOF that would have.
Emmitt broke a lot of tackles, great OL or not. And he was not hurt all the time. Let's put it another way. If Emmitt had Taylor's size and blinding speed, he would have gained twice the yardage he ended up with.

However, I might have forgotten, but didn't Taylor play for Del Rio? That would explain a lot :-).

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I saw every home game Emmit and Fred played in among tons of others. Emmit had you on the fckn edge of your seat almost every carry cause he was not real. He could take the hit and use it gain momentum in another direction. His vision was Pete maravich like. He was full speed at 2 steps. His speed was deceptive. I saw him outrun the great Redskin corner Daryl Green once. Durable as hell and ran smart. Like Sweetness. He was the all time yardage guy because he didnt last the average RB years (3-4) that speaks volumes in that violent league.......I swear had Emmit played for SOS he averages at least 8yards a carry. In college THEY KNEW he was getting the ball and he was amazing.........In the SOS offense they would have had to back off and he would have killed them. His high school totals were not real. Finished 2nd all time when he graduated for yardage. Some kid in bmfck Texas had the record back to the 50s. All that said I LOVE FRED TAYLOR.......got a bad rap with Tank Black early on but was a sharp guy and super character..........Healthier in the league he does some real damage to NFL records........Proud of both those gators and thank God put on the Gator hat signing day instead of Auburn,,,,,,,,,,,,

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Both are great Gators, great NFL RBs. I remember Emmit refusing to be replaced when a playoff game
was "in the balance" when he ran with a separated shoulder. Every tackle brought tremendous pain.
Emmit had unmatched balance and uncanny vision for daylight. He'd pop out of a pile of tacklers and
race downfield as if he had good blocking on that play. Now we got Emmit on our sidelines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator