Could Kyle Trask have Joe Burrow-type jump in 2020?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:lol2:

Ha! Mr. Perceptive! I guess you couldn't catch the obvious sarcasm in that post. I'm making fun of Dan's 3rd grade "I know you are but what am I?' post. It was such a terrible reply it made me laugh.

...but you didn't get that? I'm confident an 8 year-old girl would have.

I know you disagree with Law all the time, that's why I began by saying, "You don't want to appear to be his lapdog as much as you are appearing in this thread." Perhaps you were too triggered to catch the point, so I'll make it again.

1. What he meant was not clearly written. It had to be interpreted and could have been interpreted two ways - the most natural interpretation, not the most sensible, but the most natural, was the way several posters did. I didn't. I knew what he meant ...as I said in my post.

2. None of that matters because the GC way is to bust balls. Law is one of the largest contributors to that culture. He (and we all) should expect a deluge of :kiffin: if we make a mistake. Especially if the poster is as infamous and cocky as he is.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't get the hype for the Wake Forest transfer....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I cant be the only one who is quite happy to hear that Guantanamo is back. Can we petition for extra years for him?

That is one helluva a list of garbage QBs. No wonder SEC offenses suck.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Go look at his game by game stats from last year and you really won’t get it. His good games, for the most part, were against the weakest teams on their schedule.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's a list w/ Trask at the top. Still don't get the Newman hype. Terry Wilson from Kentucky seems like a better QB (and a proven SEC QB):

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a list w/ Trask at the top. Still don't get the Newman hype. Terry Wilson from Kentucky seems like a better QB (and a proven SEC QB):

247 is re-rankimg them every few days?

That is exactly what Id expect from 247.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

Much like everything with UGA, he’s overrated. Spurrier used to point it out all the time. Still happens now. On paper, they should have won the NC several times the last few decades but are 0-39. Fans have just started falling for it again. Spurrier needs to remind everyone again.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
@WillMilesSEC: New from Read and Reaction! A deep look at the stats tells a pretty clear story. Kyle Trask should be the Gators starting QB in 2020. Why are fans trying to push aside the best Gator QB since Tim Tebow? - Read and Reaction
Being as bored as everyone else is these days and having no live sports to compensate, over the last week, I have watched the highlights of several of UF's games over the last two seasons. Some things that stood out were obvious; such as FF being a much better runner than KT. What also seemed to change over time was how FF became a better runner. Instead of trying to juke or leap over would be tacklers, it clearly finally dawned on him that he was as big as most LBs and bigger than any DBs. KT on the other hand seemed to regress. From his running style, I don't think he ever thought he was anything other than what he was, but he seemed to get much slower. I am not skilled enough to do any real analysis, but I can't help but wonder how much the knee injury that occurred against Auburn effected his running, and whether it was exacerbated the rest of the season. In the Orange Bowl he looked like he had earlier in the season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Being as bored as everyone else is these days and having no live sports to compensate, over the last week, I have watched the highlights of several of UF's games over the last two seasons. Some things that stood out were obvious; such as FF being a much better runner than KT. What also seemed to change over time was how FF became a better runner. Instead of trying to juke or leap over would be tacklers, it clearly finally dawned on him that he was as big as most LBs and bigger than any DBs. KT on the other hand seemed to regress. From his running style, I don't think he ever thought he was anything other than what he was, but he seemed to get much slower. I am not skilled enough to do any real analysis, but I can't help but wonder how much the knee injury that occurred against Auburn effected his running, and whether it was exacerbated the rest of the season. In the Orange Bowl he looked like he had earlier in the season.

Well, you do have to remember we are talking about a kid that has been here now 4 seasons (including redshirt) and has some kind of limiting or season ending injury (2 seasons of season ending) in all four seasons.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

I don't know if Kyle Trask will turn out to be the best QB in the SEC (I think Mac Jones has an argument for the top spot), though it's possible based on that list. Regardless, I do know those top three guys are the picture of mediocre. Mac Jones is too, but he has the rest of the gumps around him. Overall, it really is a 14 team deep pile of shyt.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Does it really matter if Newman is any good if we can’t score? The UGA defense might be even better this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator