Countdown to the Season Opener, Share your favorite Gator Moments

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Quite possibly the best call in sports history.

Janikowski was actually up in Jax recently at a pool hall my buddy manages and I asked said buddy if he playfully called him out on doing the Gator chomp in that game a little too early….sadly he did not

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
ny2YoY.gif

The rebirth

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
This is my favorite of all time. 21:30 mark.

Announcers talking about how Spurrier's accusations about late hits not affecting the game. 1) The accusations had merit; "play to the echo of the whistle". 2) I think Spurrier baited Bowden and Andrews. Danny in the shotgun was more than an adjustment from the first game, he wanted them to blitz aggressively.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
ny2YoY.gif

The rebirth
Wasn't Lundquist calling that game?
When Percy broke through he says something like...." Say......Goodbye!"

My high school buddy, Coached Percy in High School.
When we were recruiting Percy, my friend was in Orlando for some conference or something and we had to opportunity to have lunch while he was in Florida.
He told me Percy was unlike anything he ever coached or ever witnessed before. Told me he was a once in a generation player.
I really had no idea.

When healthy...........
Wow.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ny2YoY.gif

The rebirth
I think Percy's the only one I've ever witnessed first hand that could make a cut that jukes a guy out of his shoes, but looks so smooth and doesn't lose his stride at all either. Once in a lifetime talent. Too bad about the headaches and whatever other head issues he had.

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017
Not a favorite memory but we are ready for the season!! Gator Tree is fully setup and the blow up Albert is ready to be displayed in our Wonderful TN neighborhood!

Attachments

• Gator Tree.jpg
    Gator Tree.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 6

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
1986 UF vs UGA.

Gators roar back from a 16-3 deficit and stomp the dawgs behind a one legged Kerwin Bell and three TDs from legend Ricky Nattiel who played with a separated shoulder and caught 3 touchdowns.

This team had grit and would have enjoyed a much better record had Bell been healthy for the season.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The DJ Shockley pick 6 (Gus Scott?) giving the dogs a loss and knocking them out of any championship talk.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

The start of the kyle trask era. I know he's recent history but he still might be my favorite qb of all time. Don't think we'll ever see another story like this.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Jill and I on Florida Field, 20 yard line, about 3:00 a.m. the night before graduation ceremony 1984.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator