Countdown to the Season Opener, Share your favorite Gator Moments

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1991. UF beat fsu 14-9 in gville. The last pass Fla knocks down to win. Loudest ever I remember. Ears were ringing when that happened.

My dad (Buckeye fan) decided to get married that day. I was a sophomore at UF and had to miss the game...still mad at him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My dad (Buckeye fan) decided to get married that day. I was a sophomore at UF and had to miss the game...still mad at him.

Scheduled on rivalry weekend? For a “round two” crack at marriage? I trust that outside of a few ribbing texts circa 2006/07, you’ve not spoken with him since. Good for you.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This was a very fun game to attend, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the 10:08 mark in person. There were probably more Gator fans in the stadium than ut fans by the end of the game.

Speaking of humiliating losses at home for the Vols where most of their fans were long gone by the final whistle, the 2018 game in Dancin' Dan's first year, while fool's gold, was extremely enjoyable. The Vols couldn't get out of their own way with turnover after turnover and several Gators made great plays on both sides of the ball - and special teams as well. For those who want to relive it (always an enjoyable watch):

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
2006 championship game when tedd Ginn returned the opening kickoff for a TD and the announcers blaring "SOOOOO much for x days off!"

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Scheduled on rivalry weekend? For a “round two” crack at marriage? I trust that outside of a few ribbing texts circa 2006/07, you’ve not spoken with him since. Good for you.
I do take every opportunity to remind him of both events. lol

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For me road wins are the most satisfying. You're playing in front of a hostile crowd, a jacked-up opponent, and you can't even hear your own quarterback call signals. A chance to shut them up.

52-17 over Georgia in 1995 Between the Hedges, the second half of a home-and-away while the old Gator Bowl was being made over for the Jags. The dazed Georgia people didn't know what hit them.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
For me road wins are the most satisfying. You're playing in front of a hostile crowd, a jacked-up opponent, and you can't even hear your own quarterback call signals. A chance to shut them up.

52-17 over Georgia in 1995 Between the Hedges, the second half of a home-and-away while the old Gator Bowl was being made over for the Jags. The dazed Georgia people didn't know what hit them.

My family used to do Usce every year.

‘93 was fun because we came back from way down. In ‘95 I swear it was mid 20s by game time and we ended up sitting in the students section. After they started out hot, we crushed them. Lots of fun. Stayed behind in ‘97 to throw a house party with a girl who would eventually become a stripper. And my only memory of ‘99 was their fans doing the “chop” to us as we walked in, knowing we’d win the game but would also have to face that undefeated noles team the following week. Still by far the most emasculated taunt I’ve ever seen. To this day I feel like their fans may be the biggest losers in the conference. That game sucked. I haven’t been back since.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm going to go a bit obscure. 1990. Yes, Spurrier in his first SEC game as HC had won at Alabama, but Alabama was unranked and lost their first three games that season and finished 7-5. We had gone to #5 UT and got flat out embarrassed 45-3. We did pound UGA 38-7, after losing 10 of 12 to the bastards, it was the start of the great winning 11 of 12 with SOS as HC, but UGA reeked of ass that year, finished 4-7, but we did beat them by 31, the largest margin of victory in the rivalry for UF to that point.

But the week before the WLOCP, #4 Auburn came to town, night game, ESPN national television. Auburn unbeaten with one tie. Pat Dye, the cocksucker that helped put UF on probation twice on the other sideline. Absolute beatdown of epic proportion, the Barber punt return was a thing of beauty. The night you said as a Gator fan that things were going to be different and business was going to pick up in a hurry:

We were students then and took my wife's Dad to that game... it was awesome. That's the game where we held them to like -100 rushing yards. It was also the first night game in forever.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
2006 game vs OSU was a "redux" of the '94 Sugar Bowl, where Monte Grow turned Studstill's brain inside out when we played "the other undefeated team." After that hit, it was all Gators.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My family used to do Usce every year.

‘93 was fun because we came back from way down. In ‘95 I swear it was mid 20s by game time and we ended up sitting in the students section. After they started out hot, we crushed them. Lots of fun. Stayed behind in ‘97 to throw a house party with a girl who would eventually become a stripper. And my only memory of ‘99 was their fans doing the “chop” to us as we walked in, knowing we’d win the game but would also have to face that undefeated noles team the following week. Still by far the most emasculated taunt I’ve ever seen. To this day I feel like their fans may be the biggest losers in the conference. That game sucked. I haven’t been back since.
Easy comeback these days is to gently remind them the GOAT Gator name is plastered prominently inside their stadium and him and his wife’s name are on their IPF. Shuts them up quick. What chaps my ass is a good majority of their fanbase hates Spurrier now for “quitting” on them, despite making them relevant with 3 straight 11 win seasons after Holtz left the program in the gutter.

I don’t like Beamer either. He’s a ****ing punk ass bitch running off his daddy’s name, and his drunk daddy is one of the most overrated coaches in the history of the game. If his last name was Smith or Jones he might be an assistant at some 2A high school somewhere at best.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
This was a very fun game to attend, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the 10:08 mark in person. There were probably more Gator fans in the stadium than ut fans by the end of the game.

I was there with my son and we took two of my young grandsons to their first Gator game. One of them will be with me in the Swamp when we face the Vols. Watching the Orange bail in mass during the third qtr was awesome.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
It was Wayne Peace to James Jones for the win vs scUM in 1982. Made the cover of SI. The artificial turf reflected the heat like a mirror. We got to go down and play pick up games after the teams cleared off. The astroturf couldn’t be damaged by a bunch of kids.

I was in the North end zone first row right in front of Jones one hand grab. So many memories of games vs the canes

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Let's face it, we've had to live off the crumbs of our rivals' failures since 2009. The best single moment since then was Grier to Callaway, but in the end, even that crashed and burned on both accounts, Badly. Schidt's gettin' old.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
It was fool's gold, but in the moment, this was the best moment since beating Oklahoma. We were 11-1 and it looked like Muschamp was set with the kind of team he wanted to roll with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator