Our entire defense...

tenor.gif

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know, the totality of the self-inflicted damage we're doing to our economy and directly people's lives will not be clear until this crap has ended. And it will be bad. Very bad. My own mother, who is staying with my sister as she recovers from knee replacement surgery, won't let me visit unless I am tested, test negative, then quarantine for two weeks prior to going there. And she works in retail. Crazy. None of this makes any sense to me. And aside from the original, now-faulty "two weeks to bend the curve and spare the emergency rooms" argument at the very beginning of this, it's all been downright silly. Well, silly if it weren't so serious.

That we've suspended football activities is disappointing, but let's face it - kids huddling, blocking and in our case, trying their hardest not to tackle while dumping sweat and boogers all over each other - this was inevitable.

Selfishly, I come out ahead if the Corndog game is rescheduled for later in the season. Thursday, I am heading out on a bike trip through SC, NC and GA. Odds are I won't be in front of a TV Saturday afternoon and Corndog is one of the games I look most forward to each year.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
You know, the totality of the self-inflicted damage we're doing to our economy and directly people's lives will not be clear until this crap has ended. And it will be bad. Very bad. My own mother, who is staying with my sister as she recovers from knee replacement surgery, won't let me visit unless I am tested, test negative, then quarantine for two weeks prior to going there. And she works in retail. Crazy. None of this makes any sense to me. And aside from the original, now-faulty "two weeks to bend the curve and spare the emergency rooms" argument at the very beginning of this, it's all been downright silly. Well, silly if it weren't so serious.

That we've suspended football activities is disappointing, but let's face it - kids huddling, blocking and in our case, trying their hardest not to tackle while dumping sweat and boogers all over each other - this was inevitable.

Selfishly, I come out ahead if the Corndog game is rescheduled for later in the season. Thursday, I am heading out on a bike trip through SC, NC and GA. Odds are I won't be in front of a TV Saturday afternoon and Corndog is one of the games I look most forward to each year.

this.
As crazy as it sounds LSU did it right. Just let them all rub up on each other in the off-season and pass Covid around braving the 99.997% chance young healthy men in that age group will be fine so your team gets heard immunity and won’t have to deal with it during the year.
I know this sounds insensitive, but I can speak from my Own anecdotal experience of dealing with both me and my wife being infected back in the late spring. Having the Rona absolutely sucked and wasn’t fun, but I would have much rather endured it upfront knowing that the overall likelihood is that now me and my family enjoy immunity statistically speaking.
Another part that I have found absolutely ridiculous is the 14 day quarantine for people who have just been tagged as Being in contact with a Covid patient. To me it would seem that two negative test should clear you to return right back to everyone else without needing to wait two weeks as if you were sick despite the fact that you’re not. A lot of nonsense being flouted as an exercise in control. That being said prayers out to the guys who are dealing with this right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.