COY - Mac Left Out

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Eddie Robinson COY Finalists have left off both Mac and Harbaugh.

Dantonio
Ferentz
Herman
B. Kelly
Ruhle
Shaw
Stoops
Swinney

Not shocked on Harbaugh but with what Mac had left and what he did to win 10 games is by far more impressive than the names on the list.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Makes no sense at all. I would like to see any on that list do what Coach Mac did at UF this season.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Which of those coaches were left with no depth at OL, QB, LB, K and still managed a 10 win season? That's who I want to vote for!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Swinney if he goes undefeated. Say all you want about weak schedules, nobody else can say 'undefeated NC'.

Otherwise Ferenzt or maybe Hermann.

Should have had Mac and Harbaugh based on rebuilding efforts achieved...should have at least been mentioned.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All of those coaches came into the season with talented teams with expections of playing for something. What the ****? Who did they blow?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Which of those coaches were left with no depth at OL, QB, LB, K and still managed a 10 win season? That's who I want to vote for!
In fairness, Notre Dame had an injury list a mile long through most of the season. But other than that, nobody.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I'm genuinely perplexed by this one. No one has done more with less at this point

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The old "eye test"?

If the award was given by comparing where a team is at the end of a season vs what was predicted at the beginning of a season, where does he stand?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The old "eye test"?

If the award was given by comparing where a team is at the end of a season vs what was predicted at the beginning of a season, where does he stand"?

no one predicted 10 wins. That alone should get Mac on the list. But yeah, "the old eye test" probably hurt him.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The old "eye test"?

If the award was given by comparing where a team is at the end of a season vs what was predicted at the beginning of a season, where does he stand?

Unfortunately, in college football, everything is based on the old "eye test".

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he missed out on being on this list because of the way we looked over the last several weeks.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He did great for his first year but the East is the worst it's ever been. He deserves to be on the list but you can't give it to someone with zero hardware.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The argument to me is being on the list, it's too subjective if he should win. But he should be on the list. Some of these guys came into the year, with an already loaded roster, and should have succeeded.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's the expectation that an award-worthy HC would have replaced a harmful QB,
like Pinkel did with Maulk. It was what it was. And it will be verified when Treon puts
the same drag on our offense in our bowl game. ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator