COY - Mac Left Out

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying that at all man, I just don't think a HC that is offensive based that wins every game with an elite defense deserves to be coach of the year when his bread and butter is awful that's all I'm saying. I get that Treon is terrible but that don't take away the fact that his offense completely sucked. An elite OC can score points with almost any talent. Look at Baylor with Briles they just plug in the next guy and they do work. My whole point is Mac had the best player the last 2 years in Callaway yet Muschamp had better numbers and he's an idiot. I've said he would be a good coach and do good things for us but all of this crying because he was left out makes no sense when you look at the big picture, won tight games the last 4 wins, east went a combined 33-39 and his last 2 games he lost by a combined 56-17 yet that guy should get coty? Get out of here with that crap be realistic

Baylor has been pretty $hitty with their backup quarterback playing. I think they went scoreless in like 4 straight quarters, no?

We have no QB depth. With a piss poor quarterback and an abysmal line, it's a recipe for disaster. Baylor has a really good line. We are two years from a really good line.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I like McGee, but he's a below average blocker at TE, and doesn't have that Jordan Reed/Gronk type of ability to get open.

Don't be shocked if he goes undrafted.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like McGee, but he's a below average blocker at TE, and doesn't have that Jordan Reed/Gronk type of ability to get open.

He will be taken in the 5th round or beyond.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Arena Football games are usually during the week or on Fridays.

I want DRob off the team like most of us, but that doesn't mean I am going to ignore the talent he has. Plenty of asshats have played in the NFL, DRob will be one of them.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I want DRob off the team like most of us, but that doesn't mean I am going to ignore the talent he has. Plenty of asshats have played in the NFL, DRob will be one of them.
He doesn't have the production or the work ethic to play on Sundays. I don't doubt that some ignorant team might take a chance on him thinking they're stealing him, but I doubt he makes it through training camp or preseason without being cut.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I agree with Wobble... DRob will get a shot at the NFL. He will do well enough in the combine to get drafted in the late rounds. I don't know if he will keep his head in the game and work hard enough to succeed, but he will get a shot.

As far as McGee I'm not sure he is athletic enough to be an NFL TE, but again.. I think some team will draft him or pick him up in free agency and give him a chance. His size and hands make him a red zone threat at a minimum.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

I don't agree. Yes his blocking is not the best but he has great hands and with all of the multiple TE sets somebody will take him in the mid rounds, 3-5.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

With so many multiple tight end sets in the league... he will be drafted... not a first or second day pick, but he will be drafted. You look at some of the 2nd and 3rd TE's in the league, he could compete with any of them. Especially in year two after a broken leg.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Name a single offensive lineman that we started this year who'd be taken in the NFL Draft if it were held today. I'll wait.

Name a single player on offense not named Taylor or Callaway(if he were eligible) that any sensible NFL GM or coach would take in the draft if it were held today. I'll wait.

Exactly.

Getting 10 wins and a division title out of that level of talent is nothing short of miraculous, regardless of how many points were put up or how elite the defense is. The award is Coach of the Year, not Offensive Coordinator/Coach of the Year.
Don't hate because I can be honest and you can't. Your avoiding the fact that our defense won all the games. I'd be willing to throw out that Muschamp the retard would have won 9 games this year with this schedule and before you crucify me he won 11 in 2012. We won most games by defense which was his players. We won most games by running the ball which is what he did. So are you telling me that Mac is only 1 game better than Muschamp? So sick of hearing people talk about our skill players like their Helen Keller then they will say they are good in another thread, which one is it are they bad or good. All I read is we had players wide open and Treon don't see them. So if that's the case want the nfl see that and think he did his job.

I repeat this again no coach in the world deserves coach of the year when they are blown out in back to back weeks. He scored 2 points against FSU 2 points. He deserves to be left off the list. And why not have Mark Richt on the list if we're putting Mac on there, he lost key players and still found a way to win 9 games one game behind Mac. Yeah that's what I thought it don't work both ways does it. If everyone would stop being homers and really look at what he done you'd agree with me.

And before I get bashed I'm completely happy with winning the 10 games and I support coach Mac I'm just disagreeing that he should be on the coty list just because he won 10 games.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
uhdurr.gif

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Don't hate because I can be honest and you can't. Your avoiding the fact that our defense won all the games. I'd be willing to throw out that Muschamp the retard would have won 9 games this year with this schedule and before you crucify me he won 11 in 2012. We won most games by defense which was his players. We won most games by running the ball which is what he did. So are you telling me that Mac is only 1 game better than Muschamp? So sick of hearing people talk about our skill players like their Helen Keller then they will say they are good in another thread, which one is it are they bad or good. All I read is we had players wide open and Treon don't see them. So if that's the case want the nfl see that and think he did his job.

I repeat this again no coach in the world deserves coach of the year when they are blown out in back to back weeks. He scored 2 points against FSU 2 points. He deserves to be left off the list. And why not have Mark Richt on the list if we're putting Mac on there, he lost key players and still found a way to win 9 games one game behind Mac. Yeah that's what I thought it don't work both ways does it. If everyone would stop being homers and really look at what he done you'd agree with me.

And before I get bashed I'm completely happy with winning the 10 games and I support coach Mac I'm just disagreeing that he should be on the coty list just because he won 10 games.
Oh yeah. You definitely strike me as the happiest guy on the board and completely satisfied with 10 wins.

Nice job avoiding the questions, though.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Oh yeah. You definitely strike me as the happiest guy on the board and completely satisfied with 10 wins.

Nice job avoiding the questions, though.
Everyone on this board avoids my questions. I simply asked why should a coach who is offensive based win a coty award when his offense sucked? He won with defense not offense. Everyone gets butt hurt cause I don't think he deserved it. Everyone wants to just make up excuses for the offense and I get that but facts are facts this team won win defense and more defense.

And why do I have to be a troll just because I disagree I've been a season ticket holder for 6 years now I support the team just as much as the next guy, I'm just giving an honest opinion on the season and as to why he shouldn't be on the list.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone on this board avoids my questions. I simply asked why should a coach who is offensive based win a coty award when his offense sucked? He won with defense not offense. Everyone gets butt hurt cause I don't think he deserved it. Everyone wants to just make up excuses for the offense and I get that but facts are facts this team won win defense and more defense.

And why do I have to be a troll just because I disagree I've been a season ticket holder for 6 years now I support the team just as much as the next guy, I'm just giving an honest opinion on the season and as to why he shouldn't be on the list.
You could have raised Bill Walsh from the dead and he wouldn't have produced anything with two true freshmen, a one-armed tin man, and a Fordham transfer on his offensive line.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

1. Muschamp would have lost like he did last year with this schedule. Last years schedule was easier and still lost to the same types of teams at home and lost to a depleted USCe, and a depleted Missouri team last year. Muschamp would have had a DE at 2nd TE like he did last year, when obviously we had TE's on the roster who could catch.

2. Mark Richt was supposed to win the east this year. He was supposed to complete for a National Title, but he became an also ran. He did lose his best offensive weapon, but still had a O-line that was near the top of the league and talent at all the skill positions including a very solid backup running back.

3. Muschamp left us with very little especially at offensive line (which you keep side stepping). There were 4 scholarship offensive linemen when Muschamp left. You keep talking about everything else. Muschamp had 4 offensive linemen that went in the draft last year. He had a worse record with a more talented and deep team and easier schedule. Do you know the importance of an offensive line? Because you seem to be missing that point completely.

4. Arguments over Treon are fair. But as multiple people have posted, you can only try so much before you are just coaching around a kid. It is year one of a multi year rebuild

5. We lost to the only teams with better talent and depth than us. Ole Miss who we had equal talent with at the time of play, we crushed.

6. Quit sucking Richt's Johnson. It's not appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.